What's new

dried out plants

PhILLADELPHia

I have been growing my plants indoors for 2 months. they have been completely healthy. yesterday it was beautiful out so I decided to put them out on my roof. within minutes they withered. so I brought them back inside it has been a day and a half and they are still dried out. it is not due to over or under watering. sorry for suchshort detail. when I get home from work I will post pictures and give you information about the medium, nutrients, lights, light cycle, and so forth. any guesses as of now would be greatly appreciated.

S

sirius haze

you should have put them outdoor gradually not straight in full sun, let them having a rest under shade light indoor ot outdoor but not with too high temperature, make sure they have enough water and maybe enough root space as i dont know which pot size you use and how tall they are. pics will help yes :)

al70

Veteran
hi, the same thing happened to me indoors, I was away for the weekend and when I got home they were in a bad way, I thought I'd lost them, I trimmed of most of the dried leaves and they came back beautiful, short and bushy, try it if you want, it worked for me,,,,feminised critical mass, i'll post pics later goodluck.

PhILLADELPHia

Just realized the pictures are on my I-touch, I guess I have to email them to myself...

But the plants were perfectly healthy, but under pretty crappy bulbs, so once in a while on a nice day I would set them on my roof. The other day was 97 degrees and they shriveled in minutes in the sun.

Im on my tablet so typing sucks. Ill give all the details later and work on getting pictures on here.

PhILLADELPHia

Ok so now that I am on a real computer and emailed the pictures, I can fill you guys in.

The medium is miracle grow with trace NPK's. I know MG sucks.
Nutrients MG 10-10-10 pellets.
the pots are maybe a half gallon, not much but I was going for short plants.
Lights are flourecent bulbs (I know I wont get much with those.
Just changed to a 12/12 a couple of days ago.

The soil retains water like an SOB but it showed no signs of over watering.

It's been raining like crazy here so once a week maybe, when its nice, I would put them on my roof, the roof is a tin layer painted white, so it reflected light very well. Never had a problem before, but it was between 85-90 degrees then.

The other day when I put them out it was 97 degrees, and within 5 minutes I would say, they shriveled like death.

Sorry for the crappy pics they were taken with an i-touch

And now

Please HELP!!

I read in another thread about something similar, that the guy clipped off all the dried out leaves, I did that, so all the large leaves from the large nodes are gone, the small inner nodes sprouting out of the large ones are still there and look ok, hopefully I can still save the whole plant, or at least get the smaller nodes to grow on.

al70

Veteran
they should be ok now phill, ye nearly cooked them right through, be careful goodluck.

PhILLADELPHia

Lesson learned lol. Thanks man.

Question: to plant a clone, do I need that rooting wax or whatever it is, or will they root themselves?

blastfrompast

Veteran
Oh man u scorched em good.

You gotta transition your plants....

Even going from 1000W hps to full sun I transition over 3-4 days...

Floro->sun = sunburn....

al70

Veteran
they may root themselves but rooting agent will almost guarantee success, not expensive, goodluck

ozzieAI

Veteran
Smoke them dry leaf homie?

hrmmm...okay

i place many plants from indoors to out from both flouro and hps grows without significant issues except for a day or 2 of leaf droop (at worst)...using silca, potash and seaweed will strengthen your plants for a better transition...spray foliar a day or two before transition FTW...
remove all the dead stuff spray with seaweed and give TLC and they should spring back...

good luck...

PhILLADELPHia

it was only on its third day of the flowering cycle. I dont know if that matters. Arent leaves just CBD? I know they can be used for tea and bubble gum hash and stuff. Might try the tea lol.

ozzieAI

Veteran
I dont know if that matters

it could if you have shocked the plants enough. you may have a reduced yield if the plants take time to catch back up...can you put back into veg for another week or so?

PhILLADELPHia

This MG soil retains so much water, its still wet and heavy from bekng watered days ago. I have some cheap soil that is mainly peat moss, vermiculite, and sand, it drains great. Should k make a new medium using the two soils combined?

PhILLADELPHia

it could if you have shocked the plants enough. you may have a reduced yield if the plants take time to catch back up...can you put back into veg for another week or so?

Good point. And yes I returned to a veg light cycle to help it regrow a bit, because as of now the yeild would be so minimal. Sucks though cause I still dont know the sexes yet, but from being stressed like that im assuming hermaphrodites.

PhILLADELPHia

hrmmm...okay

i place many plants from indoors to out from both flouro and hps grows without significant issues except for a day or 2 of leaf droop (at worst)...using silca, potash and seaweed will strengthen your plants for a better transition...spray foliar a day or two before transition FTW...
remove all the dead stuff spray with seaweed and give TLC and they should spring back...

good luck...

This is my first grow attempt, so noob question, whats this seaweed spray?