What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

help me with my coco problems!

dank assett t

I am using roots coco (soilless or w/e)

Am watering with 5.5ish ph'ed water ...

Here's a leaf just a few days away from flip half way down the plant ... I'm starting to worry...

Run off is 6.0 at 600 ppm (.7 scale) after watering with a 400 ppm 5.4 watering

Up ya ph to between 5.8 and 6.2 as i believe 5.5 is a tad to low, well in my experience anyways :).....few shots of the entire plant may help abit more aswell as its good to get an idea of what the new growth is doing also

Good luck mate, hopefully ya ph is just out abit and with abit of adjusting should be sweet

pure hemp

IMO, your plant is hungry...how old is it? Or PH lockout...I had a similar problem...

next time, add dolomitic limestone to your media! In coco, it´s essencial IMO...

I am using roots coco (soilless or w/e)

Am watering with 5.5ish ph'ed water ...

Here's a leaf just a few days away from flip half way down the plant ... I'm starting to worry...

Run off is 6.0 at 600 ppm (.7 scale) after watering with a 400 ppm 5.4 watering

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=47201&pictureid=1102235View Image

IMO, your plant is hungry...how old is it? Or PH lockout...I had a similar problem...

next time, add dolomitic limestone to your media! In coco, it´s essencial IMO...

Lime in the coco yer?

Thats got me interested :) can u please tell me how you use it , do u add it to ur rez or what. cause as i get 20% run off after i water i cant see it staying in there 2 long when i water twice a day, uless i was adding it every day.

And do u use this for ph or what cause i just buy ph up and down....keep my rez at 5.8-6 and never any problems

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Few more questions for ya.
Are you flood and drain, hand watering?
Type of nutes you are using?
Your plants are hungry. Up the ppm to 800 to 900. that's between 1.2 -1.4 ec. should clear your problem right up. Really no need to go higher than that for the rest of your run.
Keep the ph between 5.6 and 5.9. I prefer to keep the feed res at around 5.7 personally. Calcium and other elements are a bit more readily available in that range. If you go below it you will get lockouts. Have also found I have serious problems if I go above P 6.0
And whatever you do, DO NOT add dolomitic limestone to your coco. Coco is not the same as soil, takes a lower ph than soil. It will raise the ph of your water/nute source to around 7.0 as that's partly what it's added for along with other benefits for soil. Not a problem you want.

Epiphyte

Looks like a phosphorous def. P is more readily available at a slightly higher ph than say, nitrogen. Up the ph and check out some P def pictures...I used to get it late in flowering usually during the flush and that exactly how it appears on the leaf. Hope that helps!