What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ladies help.. my wife is sick

nukklehead

Sorry to post on you girls but my wife has been diagnosed with Lichen Sclerosis which is a very debilitating predominantly female disease. I wont go into detail, you can research if interested, but like lots of female diseases very little is known , researched, and/or there is no cure other then symptomatic. Anyway we are experimenting with alternative/homeopathic remedies and she us suffering from .. ahem.. vulvuar and rectal lesions/ulcerations. I have been researching extensively and have decided to try and cook up a thc tincture to attempt to relieve some symptoms. If any of you ladies out there know of anyone who as used our beloved plant for treatment of this horrible disease any information would be appreciated.:thank you:

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry to hear about your wife nukklehead I hope she gets better. Yoda advise is a good one, Granny has some great info on lots of stuff. You might even msg her yourself,shes a member here. Good luck and let us know how she does.

mrspollenjock

im so sorry to hear

im so sorry to hear

hi im so sorry to here about your wife
i hope u both is ok
and get through it
its nice she has u there to surport her through this time for her
my husband was here for me when i was ill and it helped alot
so sorry to hear but if u need anyone to speak to get back u and ur wife
bye mrspj

nukklehead

thanks to mrs and all

just wish i knew someone who has had this condition which is rare that may be "friendly" and know some alt. therapy.. :thank you:

mrspollenjock

hi

hi

hi i really wish i could help u on this
wot has the doctor said cant they help ur wife
or look up the internet im so sorry for u and ur wife
at such a time like this she will be proud that ur there for her
take care mrspj

doinYODA

thanks to mrs and all

just wish i knew someone who has had this condition which is rare that may be "friendly" and know some alt. therapy.. :thank you:

Have you tried doing a search for support groups?
You may be able to find a support group through a local hospital, or online even though your wife's condition is rare. There might be a doctor that specializes in your wife's condition that can point you in the right direction as well. Just thought I'd throw some ideas out there.

I hope that you and your wife are currently doing okay. Sending lots of positive vibes to you and your wife.

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
There is good info on tinctures in the cooking forum here, glycern tincture seems best right off the bat, but that is a guess. Once you make the tincture, try it up your own wazoo first, so you see if it causes distress.

nukklehead

Thanks to all ..

Yes have been on the forums and discussion groups and have learned a lot.
Granny ( as above) has given me additional knowledge.
Again thanks to all... Just wish there was someone in this world (420) that has had some experience with this. I have exhausted the internet and feel I am a "internet knowledge king" (lol) along with the mrs.
Good advice on try the stuff on me first ... lol...
:thank you:

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
sorry to read about your wife's ordeal nukklehead, that lichen seems to be really nasty thing.

I did a bit quick search and found this link. http://www.thalasso-thermale.com/t345_lichen-scleroatrophique-vulvaire.html It is in FRENCH (sorry), but there's one lady who seems to have found something which works good. Sophie33, check her post top of discussion (January25, 2011).

If you need help for translation, drop me a PM and will do it for you.

Take care

Irie !

Last edited:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

as far as boiler room groinocologists go bro I'm the last one to be giving advice. I do however offer you and your wife my kindest thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

I might suggest that if you're wife is given an anti-biotic regimen to follow that she desist all adverse behavior including any alcohol & coffee drinking & smoking (anything) during the 30 or 45 day period they often run. anti-biotics are great if taken diligently and of course if being prescribed the proper one to take.

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
Topically I'd suggest dilute Tea tree oil for disinfection. Some mild burning may be associated with the application. It assist with the pliability of the tissue also. In addendum, you may want to find a topical homeopathic application of "Calendula". Use sparingly. Echinacea and other immune system modulators would be useful also. Not sure any would be a silver bullet, but sometimes these disorders are self limiting and will go away on their own spontaneously. The main thing to do is keep down the inflammation and avoid scar tissue development, which can require more sophisticated treatment down the road. You may want to get a broad spectrum Omega 3, 6 & 9 supplement and use it in pharmacologic doses. That will tend to drive down inflammation pan-systemically.

Of additional interest it seems there may be forms of phototherapy viable for this disorder....I suggest you investigate that more fully in your local area with a dermatologist:

UVA1 phototherapy for genital lichen sclerosus.

Beattie PE, Dawe RS, Ferguson J, Ibbotson SH.

Photobiology Unit, Dermatology Department, University of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee, UK. paula.beattie@northglasgow.scot.nhs.uk

BACKGROUND: Lichen sclerosus (LS) is characterized histologically by an inflammatory T-cell infiltrate, sclerosis and thickening of the dermis, and epidermal atrophy. Ultraviolet (UV) A1 therapy has been shown to be effective in the management of morphea and scleroderma, diseases that have some histological and clinical similarities with LS, and more recently in extragenital LS. AIM: To determine the effectiveness of UVA1 therapy for genital LS. METHODS: Seven women with severe genital LS uncontrolled by ultrapotent topical corticosteroids, with a median age of 62 years (range 48-78) and disease duration of 6-47 years, were treated with UVA1 therapy from a high output source. After completion of UVA1 therapy, a clinician and the patient graded the overall response of symptoms and physical signs. RESULTS: Five patients improved with therapy. Three obtained moderate improvement in overall disease severity and two had minimal improvement. Of these five, one relapsed within 3 months and another after a year. Both had a further course of UVA1 therapy, resulting in minimal improvement in one and moderate improvement in the other. In the remaining three, disease severity had improved to a point where intermittent use of topical corticosteroids resulted in acceptable control. DISCUSSION: UVA1 therapy may be of benefit in the management of vulval LS, a disease that is often poorly responsive to standard therapies. The therapy is well tolerated and could provide an acceptable therapeutic option for patients with severe disease.

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran

as far as boiler room groinocologists go bro I'm the last one to be giving advice. I do however offer you and your wife my kindest thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

I might suggest that if you're wife is given an anti-biotic regimen to follow that she desist all adverse behavior including any alcohol & coffee drinking & smoking (anything) during the 30 or 45 day period they often run. anti-biotics are great if taken diligently and of course if being prescribed the proper one to take.

It is auto-immune illness, anti-biotics are of no use in this case.

Irie !

GOOD LUCK my bro. i have no clue if this would work, but it worked really good on some persistent acne i had in my nether reaches. went away in days. Witch Hazel. we hadda creepy homeless guy stay here a couple SIX FUCKING MONTHS and after we booted his ass out, tryed his witch hazel as a last resort before heading to a dermatologist. it worked fast!

best wishes.

HEY, just saw some stuff advertised on tv for problem acne call Proactive.com/body it's $20 with free shipping. worth a shot. anything is at this point right. esp if its cheap.

as far as booze and antibiotics go. drugs .com says it's a myth that alcohol kills them. at least keflex and ampicillian amoxicillan dont care. check it out for yourself tho

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It is auto-immune illness, anti-biotics are of no use in this case.

Irie !
I don't think there are any absolutes, every option bares scrutiny.......

"Autoimmune and Degenerative Diseases are complex, multiorgan diseases of unknown etiology. Although we do not know exactly what causes Autoimmune and Degenerative Diseases, there is increasing evidence that in many patients chronic infections, particularly by certain bacteria and viruses, play an important role in these diseases along with genetic predisposition and immune dysfunction. How could infections be important in Autoimmune Diseases? They could be involved in helping to cause the illness, or they can affect patients by serving as cofactors for the illness (not causing illness on their own but serving as important factors in the disease process) or even as opportunistic infections that increase patient morbidity (sickness) and complications associated with the disease (see Nicolson et al., Antimicrobics and Infectious Diseases Newsletter, 1999).

Infections have been found in a variety of Autoimmune Diseases, particularly in Rheumatic Diseases, such as Rheumatoid Arthritis, Scleroderma, and other rheumatic disorders. We and others have gathered substantial evidence that chronic bacterial and viral infections are commonly associated with Rheumatic Diseases, and many of these patients respond to antibiotic therapy. These patients are now recovering from their illnesses after decades of inadequate diagnoses and treatments. The recovery is slow; it usually takes up to or over a year to recover, but these patients had no alternative or effective treatments for their conditions, other than the alleviation of pain. "

whereas her particular sclerosis isn't listed here I'd leave no stone unturned. there are many articles addressing autoimmune disease & antibiotic therapy.

again, if prescribed antibiotics it's best to curtail anything that would tax the body for its own strength & natural resources.

nukklehead

Topically I'd suggest dilute Tea tree oil for disinfection. Some mild burning may be associated with the application. It assist with the pliability of the tissue also. In addendum, you may want to find a topical homeopathic application of "Calendula". Use sparingly. Echinacea and other immune system modulators would be useful also. Not sure any would be a silver bullet, but sometimes these disorders are self limiting and will go away on their own spontaneously. The main thing to do is keep down the inflammation and avoid scar tissue development, which can require more sophisticated treatment down the road. You may want to get a broad spectrum Omega 3, 6 & 9 supplement and use it in pharmacologic doses. That will tend to drive down inflammation pan-systemically.

Of additional interest it seems there may be forms of phototherapy viable for this disorder....I suggest you investigate that more fully in your local area with a dermatologist:

UVA1 phototherapy for genital lichen sclerosus.

Beattie PE, Dawe RS, Ferguson J, Ibbotson SH.

Photobiology Unit, Dermatology Department, University of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee, UK. paula.beattie@northglasgow.scot.nhs.uk

BACKGROUND: Lichen sclerosus (LS) is characterized histologically by an inflammatory T-cell infiltrate, sclerosis and thickening of the dermis, and epidermal atrophy. Ultraviolet (UV) A1 therapy has been shown to be effective in the management of morphea and scleroderma, diseases that have some histological and clinical similarities with LS, and more recently in extragenital LS. AIM: To determine the effectiveness of UVA1 therapy for genital LS. METHODS: Seven women with severe genital LS uncontrolled by ultrapotent topical corticosteroids, with a median age of 62 years (range 48-78) and disease duration of 6-47 years, were treated with UVA1 therapy from a high output source. After completion of UVA1 therapy, a clinician and the patient graded the overall response of symptoms and physical signs. RESULTS: Five patients improved with therapy. Three obtained moderate improvement in overall disease severity and two had minimal improvement. Of these five, one relapsed within 3 months and another after a year. Both had a further course of UVA1 therapy, resulting in minimal improvement in one and moderate improvement in the other. In the remaining three, disease severity had improved to a point where intermittent use of topical corticosteroids resulted in acceptable control. DISCUSSION: UVA1 therapy may be of benefit in the management of vulval LS, a disease that is often poorly responsive to standard therapies. The therapy is well tolerated and could provide an acceptable therapeutic option for patients with severe disease.

Thanks access.. you seem pretty smart.. we are definitely homeopathic in nature.. I use tea tree oil for everything and omegas btw. Some of the best relief seems to come from a combination of topical steroid/lidocaine/ and believe it or not organic solid coconut oil. As most auto immune it varies with "flare ups" and you have to seek the causes... we tried tea tree but way to harsh and burned. I think we have a recipe as above. Furthermore we havent done medical phototherapy but seem to notice positive results with regular tanning. going to try high dose Vit D-3 next to see. Thanks for everyones concern:thank you:

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sorry to read about your wife's ordeal nukklehead, that lichen seems to be really nasty thing.

I did a bit quick search and found this link. http://www.thalasso-thermale.com/t345_lichen-scleroatrophique-vulvaire.html It is in FRENCH (sorry), but there's one lady who seems to have found something which works good. Sophie33, check her post top of discussion (January25, 2011).

If you need help for translation, drop me a PM and will do it for you.

Take care

Irie !

This was going to be my suggestion as well. If they say there is no cure a lot of times it means there is no cure in the USA. It makes me damn near cry to think of what I know to be true in the pharmaceutical industry,yes I say a lot of good things come from them but only after they figure out a way to cash in first.

I say again scour the net man I mean every nook and cranny and like the above person said chances are it's not going to be in english. Another idea that has helped a few in here in the past is to figure out exactly what this terrible disease does what part of the body it attacks and then go to an OLD SCHOOL oriental supermarket find the daughter that speaks english plead your case and then watch her go in the back talk to grandma and 9 times out of ten will come back with something to try.

UNDERSTAND THIS whatever race designation your particular store might be you must FIRST get them to understand you believe they have the cure. I know this is totally off the wall but if you seek I give you my word you will find it is simply a matter of being able to find the right person. They are mostly nations of respect and old school teachings,if it's not broke why do we need to fix it so to speak so they all know what is needed to cure the soul.

I have a store in my area that I will go and see what I can find for you and your wife. I say both of you because I can tell by your words that you are both suffering and that simply cannot be tolerated here at ICM. Give me a day to read up and get what I need. Now I'm betting it's gonna be some roots and some kind of bark but they have done it for thousands of years and it seems damn near every new drug that's legal here in the US in the end causes many times far more harm then good.

Let see what we can do.

Mr.Wags

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Have you researched mushrooms ? Following ones could be of some use :http://www.fungi.com/supplements/capsules.html. better find a seller for whole mushrooms, much much cheaper than buying gelcaps. But there's lot of healing potential in these, and some could bring at least some help.

Also, that one sounds weird eheh, but still..., ever heard about snail dribble ? It's actually great for the skin (topically applied) and holds lots of healing properties. Been watching some doc about it few days ago. Snails & their dribble have been traditionnaly used by Mapuche people since ages, and the western civilization is just starting to learn about it. Lots of goodies for the skin in there. Some creams (german I think) are commercially available.

take care,

Irie !