What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Struggling with plants..

I have 2 plants in 2 gallons using mothers earth...the roots were cold so I gave them warm phed water with cal mag

Going to get a heat mat in a day...so the run off ph and ex isarw great when I drain to waste...I touched my coco and it was freezing so O jave o ly seen this one other time...am I on the right track?

Attachments

• 20201118_191432.jpg
    20201118_191432.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 27
  • 20201118_191802.jpg
    20201118_191802.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 25

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Is the room temperature low? Be careful using warm water it could shock the plant if the soil is too cold and water too hot.
If the plants on a cold concrete floor get it up off the floor.

Raise the temperature of the room if possible

The room is 78 or so yhe plants are on a plastic container and thats warm

When i say warm water i mean 76ish degress not hot or anything close to hot

I trans plantes one intp a smaller pot woth new coco

I chexk it this morning and ot was drygave it phed water tp 5.8 bland ppm 350 and just enough water to have it live i think mater was was to cold and stunted the roots

Am I on the right track ive grown for years in coco idk whats going on

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
I have 2 plants in 2 gallons using mothers earth...the roots were cold so I gave them warm phed water with cal mag

Going to get a heat mat in a day...so the run off ph and ex isarw great when I drain to waste...I touched my coco and it was freezing so O jave o ly seen this one other time...am I on the right track?
All you need is to get them off the floor for an inch and you break the contact with the cold floor.

That's enough to do it.

When plants are small, you should think development before growth. They need to build a big root system (P), fat stems (K) and healthy leaves (Mg) - not lots of leaves and branches.

This results in a very robust plant that can take up lots of nutrients and can grow fat nugs because they're supported by the stems and roots.

On top the nutrients in the Mother Earth, you should feed them 0.4 EC of high P/K nutrients (Plagron Green Sensation, Atami B'Cuzz, Canna 13/14 or similar) and 0.1 EC of Epsom Salt (MgSO4). This is mainly to stimulate more root growth, so the roots can find even more nutrients in the Mother Earth soil.

Water/feed very slowly and thoroughly, until the entire medium is saturated. Then do not feed/water again until the top of the soil is no longer dry in the morning. Think of it as the plants being watered sufficiently from evaporation from the soil catching the lower leaves.

That way, you can never over or under water, and it is much harder to overfeed - which also helps the taste of the weed.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Alternatively, forget about any further feeding until flowering, by fermenting cannabis tops and leaves in sugar and water.

For a small grow, fill a bottle 1/10 with raw (cain) sugar and 2/10 with leaves. Top up with water upto the neck of the bottle. Screw the top on lightly. (*) Put away for 2 weeks in a dry, warm place.

The product should smell like slighty like vinegar or even sweet wine.

Use this at a bottle cap to a quart of water. It works great with Bio Canna Terra, however it works really well with Supersoil.

It is all you need from germination through vegging. It also has great effects on the terpenes. Also, this is food grade, so it's completely safe for children, pets, etc.

(*) Alternatively you can use a fermentationlock for bottles, which let out CO2 but don't let oxygen back in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermentation_lock

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
There not on the floor
Ok, sorry, I didn't know that's where they're grown.

I see a carpet and a cardboard box.

Those are harbingers of moulds, bacteria, etc. You should have nothing in your grow tent that could grow fungi, other than the medium. No wood, wallpaper, ropes, wooden stakes, etc.

It could be that mildew is locking out light and nutrient uptake.

Fixer

If you are growing in a climate controlled environment I wouldn't worry about the temp of your growing medium. The plants regulate themselves very efficiently.

Fixer

Check to make sure you thermometer is calibrated correctly. If your room is 78F you'd have to actively cool the medium to achieve that temp.

I have a fresh ckean grow tent i think.i fixed the issue but only time will.tell thwy are drying out better since repot last night gave them food today I might be starving them at this point might move ppm to 700 my water is aroimd 90 100 ppm

Fixer

Im using a cooking thremo probing the ground and a laser to test the top of the coco

If the temp of the coco is important to you consider buying a thermo that's designed for the medium you're measuring. I've never measured the coco. When I measure the ambient temp and leaf temp. I use an inexpensive laser temp gun.

I think your missing somthing...the plants were starting to get stunted because they were cold from being wet in a fabric pot with a fan blowing on them...I wanted them to live so I did everyhing i thought could be causing it...so i did what i thought was right and check the temp in the middle of the soil it was 60ish thats to cold for roots to grow...

Fixer

Well I'm interested in what you find as a solution. I have all my plants in fabric pots and lots of air movement. I'll check the temp of my coco tonight.

Mattbho

Pro tip...... Fabric pots are very forgiving. But If you do over water, you can place the bag on a folded towel and it will wick moisture outta pot

Fixer

I checked all 10 plants with the lights out. The room was at 75F my coco was at 72F. Lights on and the coco is at 80F the air is at 82F. Maybe your low temps were caused by evaporative cooling with your fan blowing directly on the cloth pots. :tiphat:

I checked all 10 plants with the lights out. The room was at 75F my coco was at 72F. Lights on and the coco is at 80F the air is at 82F. Maybe your low temps were caused by evaporative cooling with your fan blowing directly on the cloth pots. :tiphat:

Correct
they have gotten alot better but there still coming out of hell but everyday theres improvements i think the roots were pretty damaged with the transplanting and pretty much freezing for a few days