What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kali China Feminized

MedBelgUsr

attachment.php
Hello,

My Kali China, 6 seeds after 2 weeks and a fiming.

I will try to post regular updates because I will also need to have expert guidance & advice to get the most of them. :thank you:

They are fed with some Advance Nutrients, and I have some of Canna too ...

They seem to be happy, though the leaves are a bit too dry but it should be fine.

Cheers

MBU

Attachments

• 20201024_143435.jpg
    20201024_143435.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 62

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome MedBelgUsr :)

Love the compact, chunky structure and distinctive wide leaves of Kali China seedlings at this stage of life.
Always have had good resuts using Canna ferts. Best wishes!

MedBelgUsr

attachment.php
Thanks dubi !

Here's the pic of the day : they enter their 4th week.

Attachments

• 20201031_132740.jpg
    20201031_132740.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 56

MedBelgUsr

Looking at the indica phenotype, I dont expect the plants to stretch too much, but I'm wondering :

if I want to reach a final height in flo of 1m40-1m60, how long would you let it grow in veg ? :plant grow:

( as reference , the first picture was taken at the start of the 3rd veg week, so after 2 full weeks ).

Sorry to bomb you with all my questions ; does the final flowers need to cure for a long time ?

As it's not uncommon to cure hazes for few months, how long would you say is required for this strain ?

Personally, if there are no specific requirements, I cure between 3 to 6 weeks before extraction.

Last question today, I promise
biggrin.gif
: I'm planning to extract rosin to make tinctures and edibles, but I dont want to ruin the plant material.

What would be the best temperature for oil extraction in Kali China ? Normally I extract at 87 C degrees ... if you don't have experience, would you know an extraction artist that could know ?

Thanks for your help :bow:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi MedBelgUsr,

Looking very healthy and uniform! :yes: Kali China indica phenos don't stretch much in early flowering so if you want to reach that height grow them until they reach at least 1 meter.

I like to cure Kali China flowers for at least 2.5-3 months. For doubts about extractions better contact TheEnglishCut on IG as he is the master on the subject.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Since I will be growing this girl (dec 21) I'm hitching up my wagon to learn a little more about her ahead of time. Hope you guys don't mind if I tag along for the ride. :tiphat:

MedBelgUsr

Since I will be growing this girl (dec 21) I'm hitching up my wagon to learn a little more about her ahead of time. Hope you guys don't mind if I tag along for the ride. :tiphat:
You are very welcome !!:huggy:

I will post at least one picture every week until harvest, and I hope to be able to identify any issues very fast. If you need closeups, just let me know and I'll take more.

My plan is to let them reach 1 meter, preferably with multiple colas after fiming ... as the strain description mentions a tendency to grow a big main cola.

Thanks Dubi for your answers, it will help multiple indoor growers !

Cheers !

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
You are very welcome !!:huggy:

I will post at least one picture every week until harvest, and I hope to be able to identify any issues very fast. If you need closeups, just let me know and I'll take more.

My plan is to let them reach 1 meter, preferably with multiple colas after fiming ... as the strain description mentions a tendency to grow a big main cola.

Thanks Dubi for your answers, it will help multiple indoor growers !

Cheers !
That's cool good buddy.I veg for 8 weeks, the last week being the transition week. I start counting weeks, after the plants have 4 serrated leaves which is normally a week from sprout.

I intend to do the same. :tiphat:

MedBelgUsr

Here're the pics of the day : they enter their 5th week.

They grow fat and start to gain height too :eek:)

Oh ... what do I see down there ???

:dunno:

I think I see some nitrogen defficiency appearing already, probably their growth make them starve a bit.

Could you please check and confirm based on the closeup pictures ?

all key parameters ( air temp, water, food, light, etc, ) are normal.

I have increased their feeding but I'm not sure it will be enough seeing their vitality & growth. We'll see next Saturday.

So I removed the sick leaves, and as it was also time to give some lights to the lower branches ( they were becoming a bit too wilty ) I stretched them "a bit".

No worries, they always recover fast.

Bad news : the growtent air moving fan broke, the day after I visited them so the air didnt move much for 1 week ...
I ordered 2 new ones but with covid, not sure how long they will take to arrive.

For the rest they seem quite healthy, so please grow, ladies !

Cheers :D

Attachments

• 7Nov2020-1.jpg
    7Nov2020-1.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 56
  • 7Nov2020-2.jpg
    7Nov2020-2.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 57
  • 7Nov2020-4.jpg
    7Nov2020-4.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 54
  • 7Nov2020-3.jpg
    7Nov2020-3.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 64

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi MedBelgUsr,

They just need a transplant to a bigger pot with new soil and more space for the roots.

MedBelgUsr

Hi Dubi,

Oh actually, a bigger pot size is the only reason that I never thought about.

Too bad I dont have bigger pot than 5 liters at hand, I will transplant the ones shoing issues and order 7.5 liters pot ( doubling the capacity should be fine as they cant grow much bigger than 1m60 )

Thanks for the help !

MedBelgUsr

Done, ordered new air pot of 9.2 liters capacity, I hope to receive them already this WE to transplant all the Kali.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I plan on growing mine in a 3gal (close to 5 gal specs) cloth pots. Btw, what I have grown to date fills 7/8 of the pot with fine feeder roots. I always do a post mortem after each grow.

MedBelgUsr

That's a good idea to perform a post moterm analysis but in my case, being physically "challenged" ( big understatement ), I dont handle the growth myself, so I cant really perform all the required analysis.

Now I just hope I shouldnt have bought the 12.5 or even 20L airpot versions.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
That's a good idea to perform a post moterm analysis but in my case, being physically "challenged" ( big understatement ), I dont handle the growth myself, so I cant really perform all the required analysis.

Now I just hope I shouldnt have bought the 12.5 or even 20L airpot versions.
It's all good my friend :) I have several afflictions myself and can understand where you are coming from.

MedBelgUsr

Hello Gentle People, here's the weekly update ... the plants are entering their 6th week ! :whee:

So, how can I put it ? I am not pleased that not only I couldnt transplant yet due to the pots not arriving, nor that the fans didn't arrive either ...

Of course, the plants are not dying, but they are slightly stressed.

Otherwise I also noticed that the lower branches that received more lights are much stronger, so I have trimmed ... a lot ...

So, the next step is to hope to transplant this Thursday, let them go through the transplantation stress for 10 days, and then we'll see how they feel and if they can go to flo.

@Dubi, how would you rate the resistance of Kali to stress ? excellent, very good, good, decent or bad ?

Cheers

One of the pic is before the trimming, when I opened the tent ...

And then after some work ...

Attachments

• Kali 1 - 15Nov.jpg
    Kali 1 - 15Nov.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 57
  • Kali 2 - 15Nov.jpg
    Kali 2 - 15Nov.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 64