What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ka5/VB/OTHxLieu Hanh and Vietnamese Black repro

SolarLogos

I managed to get 4 of your (KA5xVB)xVB above ground @SolarLogos - 3f + 1m. All females were different - one musky/cures golden, one green (most up and clear of them), and one more sativa leaning which purples in cool fall temps. All 4 saved as cuts. as you reported, terps included mango, incense, and burnt rubber. 🤗

I liked these so much - super clear, uplifting - I ordered 30 VB from snowhigh. I do realize your VB source (MrD I think) had been worked very nicely, so I’ll have a long road to get directionally close. The journey is the fun right!?

Peace
F2F
Greetings Brother F2F,
So glad you enjoyed that hybrid and the VB. I'm impressed you even kept cuts.

My favorite VB and VBxLH are the burnt rubber phenos. The Burnt rubber phenos are the only phenos my wife won't let me smoke in the house. I tried to sneak a hit in off the bong once and she immediately turned off the vacuum cleaner and said, "honey, I think the vacuum is burning up." :LOL:

The only seeds I've purchased from Snowhigh is his 68 Acapulco Gold. The AG is pure Sativa, I've grown quite a few of them out. They finish here in N. Cali the 1st and 2nd week of December, which is quite long for most Mexican Sativa I've run. The vibes from the AG are some of the best for me.

I'm very curious how SH VB does. I have tracked down someone who has original VB seeds from the source (Anon or Annon I believe). He kept them in his freezer because he grew a couple and they were hermies. That's another project though.

I made seeds from this burnt rubber pheno and about 6 of them just came up.
vb8.JPG

Thanks for stopping by and good to see you again.
Peace
SL

funkyhorse

Hello everyone, I'm back after some time off for healing (physically) and spiritual unfolding. It was time worth spending; advances made in both. For those who don't know, I have degenerative disc disease and stenosis in my lower back. I just finished up another round of physical therapy and can take time to post online again.

Sorry for the late replies everyone

Greetings my dear friend and brother Dubi! I have more VB out this year, as well as the VBxLH (LH=Lieu Hanh--NevHaze x VB). I've also got VBxLH BX in the tent that is in week 11 of flower. I'll get pics of everything once the site is allowing pics to be uploaded.

The Khmer Gold was very leafy indeed. I do have a few pinhole light leaks in the tent, but all the mothers outdoors had the same calyxe/leaf ratio. Her smells were combinations of camphor/eucalyptus with lime and menthol.

The interesting thing about the KG was, each male had one or two branches that produced a few female calyxes. The females all remained firm. I crossed several females with Original Haze, as well as Lieu Hanh and all of the male offspring exhibited the same hermaphroditic trait; one or two branches had female calyxes. Once again, the females in the hybrid all stayed firm. So, my conclusion is that, the females carry the hermaphroditic trait, but they don't express it; only the males express it. That is fine with me, as we all want sinsemilla buds anyways, right?

The Purple Satellite Haze came out with huge, fat buds. All the side branches produced large Cola buds. The high was straight up rocket fuel without any euphoria. I didn't care for it much and it wasn't trippy, just an up, up, and nervous feeling.

Good to see you Bro!

Hey Brother Maha, how have you been? I see you're still in the haze thread keeping it real;)

I've got a bunch of VB and VBxLH and will select a male of each to cross with C5xA5 haze. VB does seem to dominate in the hybrids I've made, in particularly, the otherworldly effects that I love so much. What are you doing with ours these days? I'm sure whatever you're growing, it's pure fire!

Good to see you're still around.

Thanks Bro!

I've got some Ace gear I'm running and the little seedlings have poked up, so I'll get pics up when the site is working better. I've got:

Ace
C5 Haze x A5 Haze fem
Thai Chiang Mai x A5 Haze fem
Zamal A x Zamaldelica regular
Thaidelica regular (Thai Chiang Mai x Zamaldelica F2)
Honduran regs, my P3

Other stuff:
Sativa:
Mexican Blackseed
Mullumbimby Madness/Oaxaca x Nevils Haze 21 x Mullumbimby Madness
Demon Latcher (Original Haze x Oaxaca)
Vietnamese Black
Vietnamese Black x Lieu Hanh
Turks and Caicos (from weed I picked up in the Caribeans, probably Jamiacan, Haitian,or Dominican; most likely Jamaica going by the high and taste)

Hybrids
Green Demon (Green Dragon x Demon Latcher) 50/50 Indica/Sativa. Truly one of the best hybrids I've smoked.

Indica
Helmond-Afghan
Aunt of Farook-Pakistan

I have a license to grow up to 99 plants, which I did last year. As I pull males, I'll put out more plants. I want to run the New Caledonia, but haven't decided if I want to repro it in the tent first. I'll be putting out Honduran x Malawi F3. I also have Colombian Gold x Acapulco Gold that have been described as "best top 5 ever" and a "home run" "the winner" and "don't ever lose this one" amongst a tight group of friends. Snowhigh's 68 Acapulco Gold has some of the nicest vibes I've experienced in weed. She got hazed, so I'll try to put a few of those out too.

Good to be back.
Peace
SL
I hope you had a productive healing time off
Zamal A x Zamaldelica I found consistent at least 2 plants per pheno
My favourite pheno which is the chandelier branching 3 meter monster plant I chopped yesterday
Zamal A 1 (6).jpeg
Zamal A 1 (8).jpeg
Zamal A 1 (5).jpeg

Thaidelica is difficult
These are huge huge plants, a 20 liter pot is small for them and they yellow in such size. The ones that are in minimum 40 liter vegboxes on soil are happy
Plants make 4 meters easy, the shortest is more than 3 meters tall
Yesterday I chopped my first Thaidelica, the fastest one
You need to watch closely the first stage of flowering of Thaidelicas. They all show sex as girls but half of them during the first stage of flowering will show male balls. So this line has had in my environment 2 sexes: firm girls and all boys grow pistils first and are not easy to detect. You need to look closely every day because they open up and throw pollen in 24 hours
Thaidelica
Thaidelica (6).jpeg
Thaidelica (7).jpeg
Thaidelica (10).jpeg

Have a nice season!

SolarLogos

I hope you had a productive healing time off
Zamal A x Zamaldelica I found consistent at least 2 plants per pheno
My favourite pheno which is the chandelier branching 3 meter monster plant I chopped yesterday
View attachment 18837152 View attachment 18837153 View attachment 18837162
Thaidelica is difficult
These are huge huge plants, a 20 liter pot is small for them and they yellow in such size. The ones that are in minimum 40 liter vegboxes on soil are happy
Plants make 4 meters easy, the shortest is more than 3 meters tall
Yesterday I chopped my first Thaidelica, the fastest one
You need to watch closely the first stage of flowering of Thaidelicas. They all show sex as girls but half of them during the first stage of flowering will show male balls. So this line has had in my environment 2 sexes: firm girls and all boys grow pistils first and are not easy to detect. You need to look closely every day because they open up and throw pollen in 24 hours
Thaidelica
View attachment 18837154 View attachment 18837155 View attachment 18837158
Have a nice season!
Thank you very much for all that information, great to know! You did a great job finishing those! I have a 7 foot privacy fence around my yard, but it sounds like I'll have to do a little chopping and bending to control height. They will get the big pots for sure as they'll probably finish in a greenhouse in winter. I've been lucky and had good weather last year right into December, so I nicely finished my Sativa outdoors. Not sure I'll be so lucky this year.

Vietnamese Black x Lieu Hanh Bx1, lower flower about finished. The cola looks like it will need a couple more weeks, less than half the hairs have turned brown.
5-8-23.jpg

Thanks for stopping by.
Peace
SL

SolarLogos

I just harvested some Vietnamese Black x Lieu Hanh Bx1. Lieu Hanh is Nevils Haze x Vietnamese Black. I received two viles of pollen from @MadMac a few years ago from his LH males (F1 I believe), a purple male and a green male. I crossed the purple pollen with my selected female VB. After a few runs, I selected another female to back cross with the green LH pollen. This is my second time running the VBxLH Bx1.

VB and VBxLH or VBxLH Bx will always be at the top of my list of all time favorites.

These finished in the middle of week 13
VB1.jpg
VB1a.jpg
VB1b.jpg
VB1c.jpg
VB1d.jpg

Another VBxLH Bx1
VB2.jpg
VB2a.jpg
VB2b.jpg
VB2c.jpg

Attachments

• VB2d.jpg
    VB2d.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 16

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi @SolarLogos
It's a blessing to have you again this year among us, i really missed you, friend :) and of course i also missed your amazing sativa plants and breeding work! Many times i feel like retiring from public scene, stay in the shade and dedicate more time to meditation and myself, but on the other hand i also feel i still have a lot to contribute to the cannabis plant while i can, help growers and our customers, and keep working on ACE genetics and new projects with all my energies.

All the Khmer Gold P1 from Gypsy came out hermies for us, showing both genders at preflowering stage, so they were discarded without having the chance to go longer into flowering. Maybe they hated the artificial indoor environment and that increased hermie tendencies. I'm surprised all your KG females stayed firm till the end. Was your KG generation also same P1 generation or more advanced-more sexually firm generations ?
Its terpene profile you describe sounds very interesting. How about the effects of the best pure KG ?
Are you considering to keep working with KG and its hybrids ?

Purple Satellite Haze sounds like an excellent Haze hybrid. Such caffeinic-anphetaminic highs are interesting to find because they are almost gone from western genepool, but i also prefer that the strong energy booster type of high is combined with warmness, well-being and positiveness psychologically speaking, otherwise they are too cold, nervous and prone to anxiety.

Very impressed with the work you are doing with VB and hybrids :yes:

Malawi x Honduras is a combination that i initially have doubts about its potential, but really happy to know it worked so well for you :D

The Colombian x Acapulco sounds like gold!

Much love :ying:

Latest posts

Latest posts