What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golden Tiger 3rd Thai Dominant version limited edition

FletchF.Fletch

420giveaway
image.jpeg

Time to start shaping these 2.

image.jpeg

Soil mix was a bit hot for this one so it gets a cover crop.

image.jpeg

Hey @dubi thanks my friend. Yes they are the Standard/Regular seeds.

Chungo

View attachment 18898560
GT 3.0 after a month of cobing in vacuum packing with B 62% humidity packs. Smells good and leave them out for a couple hours to dry a bit then back in their bags for another 6 weeks.
So I took one cob out for a try yesterday and vacuum packed the rest and put them in the freezer. The effects of the cob I tried was fast as I didn't even finish the first bowel and lasted 3 hours. I smoked a two very small pipe bowel full which had a hint of peppermint taste and very very smooth. Very happy with the results of this grow. Two more months of curing and will try my Killer A5 Haze.

Fennecfox

Curious if anyone tried Golden Tiger 3rd Thai Dominant, Thai Chi, and Destroyer (Thai dominant) wondering how they compare in terms of high?
I’ll let you know how destroyer compares in a couple months.
But Thai chiang mai version of golden tiger isn’t racy (like 2nd version golden tiger F3)
she’s very focused energetic fast high type smoke.
id guess very different to destroyers more racy trippy effects.

Lebanizer

I have one that's now in flower, 11L pot and has totally invaded my space that now looks like a total jungle ! In the beginning it had huge leaves now it's pencil time :ROFLMAO:. I thought it had stopped stretching and then I water it and then add a bit of liquid fert in at the end and then, boom, it streches some more ! It's now above the lamp :ROFLMAO:. It had already gone above the lamp when it was stretching first but I had bent those and now liquid fert does it again. Do they ever stop stretching ? I'm totally intrigued by this plant on all levels.

Last edited:

Limeygreen

Veteran
Curious if anyone tried Golden Tiger 3rd Thai Dominant, Thai Chi, and Destroyer (Thai dominant) wondering how they compare in terms of high?
I have 3 coming down in a few weeks, one may be a bit longer will let you know then, easy to grow need to feed well but not so heavy like a kush or modern, stretch was great on 4 out of 6, pump up huge floral colas and lots of resin. Golden tiger v3

Cannabrainer

I am actually waiting for the buds on my three Golden Tiger version Thai leaning version to cure. However, I did pick three branches which I have been smoking for two weeks after 10 days of drying and all I can say is that THIS IS THE WEEED I NEED. They are all diverse in terpene profile, more than in the effects, and they are all delicious.

You will NOT find this in dispensaries in the US or asociaciones in Spain.

I got one leathery and slightly mangoish phenotype. This one is the kindest of the three. You get an initial high, which does not reach soaring heights, but does stimulate the concentration and puts a warm blanket over you, emotionally speaking, and you feel at ease and focus on the one thing you need to do. If it is watching a movie, there will be no pausing it to go grab something, but you are as far away as can be from a couchlock. You pay attention to the subtleties of the plot, anticipate moves by the characters, see the foreshadowing in the story, and after the session you are ready for more or so active that if anyone were to call you to meet for some beers or a few glasses of wine- you are most definately going.

I then got a meaty pheno. This one was slightly between the leathery pheno and the following pheno in both effect and appearence, the highly complex ginger tea smelling phenotype with a very soft anise background and a final lemongrassy (like a very soft lime with some lemongrass on top) aroma which is quite intoxicating.

As they were drying in the kitchen, my wife came through the door and asked me if my throat was ok, said it smelled like tea. She actually thought I had brewed some tea. The effects are a crystal clear high. It is very powerful cannabis, but not introspective like the other two. You feel like opening up and looking outwards and if you are inside the house, you will wish to go outside and do something. It is get up and go now kind of weed and you fligh high without panincking. The trip lasts around three hours with a small pin needle joint (approximately 8 tokes) and then there is absolutely NO comedown. The body stays fresh, agile, and full of energy, but mentally you have been feeling so good that you kind of still feel a lingering effect while feeling completely normal.

There is much more to it though and whenever I have better pics (a better camera) and better cured buds, I will post a full report on my thread.

20240208_123816.jpg
20240208_092505.jpg
20240206_102004.jpg

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I have 3 coming down in a few weeks, one may be a bit longer will let you know then, easy to grow need to feed well but not so heavy like a kush or modern, stretch was great on 4 out of 6, pump up huge floral colas and lots of resin. Golden tiger v3

Congratulations on your harvest @Limeygreen :) Glad to hear your 3 GT3s did a good job, would love to see some pics if possible. How long did they take to finish ? How would you describe their terpene profiles by end of flowering ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I have one that's now in flower, 11L pot and has totally invaded my space that now looks like a total jungle ! In the beginning it had huge leaves now it's pencil time :ROFLMAO:. I thought it had stopped stretching and then I water it and then add a bit of liquid fert in at the end and then, boom, it streches some more ! It's now above the lamp :ROFLMAO:. It had already gone above the lamp when it was stretching first but I had bent those and now liquid fert does it again. Do they ever stop stretching ? I'm totally intrigued by this plant on all levels.

Hi @Lebanizer sorry to hear that. This type of sativa genetics tends to stretch a lot, especially when grown from seed indoors. Bend down the plant (if possible) so that all the top branches are properly illuminated, or trim the branches that are over the lamp, so the plant can focus its energy on the rest of its structure.

To avoid this problem when growing indoors tropical leaning sativa genetics from seed, i always recommend keeping them in small pots whole growing stage and until early flowering stretching is over. Afterward, transplant them into their final pots.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Morning @Cannabrainer thanks a lot also for sharing your positive feedback on your 3 GT3s, glad this is what you were looking for ;) Flowers look dense, more Malawi influenced, but the effects seem to lean more to the Thai side. They are going to get much better after a long curing. Enjoy!

Limeygreen

Veteran
Congratulations on your harvest @Limeygreen :) Glad to hear your 3 GT3s did a good job, would love to see some pics if possible. How long did they take to finish ? How would you describe their terpene profiles by end of flowering ?
3 in flower starting 12 weeks right now, the other 3 I had to redo ended up with russet mites and trashing anything in flower and redoing, those are about 3.5 weeks in right now.

They have this south east asain sweetness to them, some woody scents, lemon grass, the thai leaning one, she will probably go 16 weeks or so it looks like and the two others in later flower 14 looks about right. The more thai is more subtle scents but similar profile. WIll grab some pics at end of flower, changed my fertilizer as well and needed more nitrogen so they are doing very well despite lacking nitrogen, the next three should be doing better as it's corrected from early on now.

Limeygreen

Veteran
10 weeks of flower on these, embarrassed by the nutrient issues but dialing in the new nutrients and salts versus organics has been a bit of thing for me, over thinking blah blah blah, these girls have been pushing through it all no problem.

Strong genetics, they do seem to take a bit longer to root than other things 9-10 days instead of 7-8, not too much different just slightly longer, very strong grower with great vigour.

PXL_20240228_234004689 - Copy.jpg
PXL_20240228_234007782 - Copy.jpg
PXL_20240228_234020727 - Copy.jpg

Limeygreen

Veteran
Some pics from 11 weeks of flower to give an idea of the colas, they were rooted cups in solo cups until enough roots to go into a 2 gallon, about 7-10 days then another 12-14 days in two gallon, topped at 6 branches and flipped when the top branch was 2 expanded with the 3rd showing. 12/12 lighting. No male flowers, just blowing up the colas I was surprised.

PXL_20240306_233103741 - Copy.jpg
PXL_20240306_233114584 - Copy.jpg
PXL_20240306_233122832 - Copy.jpg
PXL_20240306_233135926 - Copy.jpg
PXL_20240306_233151178 - Copy.jpg

Cannabrainer

Some pics from 11 weeks of flower to give an idea of the colas, they were rooted cups in solo cups until enough roots to go into a 2 gallon, about 7-10 days then another 12-14 days in two gallon, topped at 6 branches and flipped when the top branch was 2 expanded with the 3rd showing. 12/12 lighting. No male flowers, just blowing up the colas I was surprised.

View attachment 18969945 View attachment 18969946 View attachment 18969947 View attachment 18969948 View attachment 18969949
Seems like she reacts very well to topping. All I did was super crop them a little bit and they still got huge. Next time, I will try topping them after the sixth node and veg them so that they can bulk up like this for at least two weeks. Very very nice looking colas.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Despite yellowing-burnt tips, the flowers look great @Limeygreen thank you very much for taking the time to share some pictures with us :) great yielding and very well developed colas with excellent resins and desirable
Thai influence. They are going to deliver :hotbounce

Limeygreen

Veteran
The salts have been challenging for me to grow the sativas, could also have too low humidity, too small pot for too long and drying out more than they like, wrong balance etc organics is much easier over all on plant health especially sativas, despite all these things, the golden tiger has pushed through and looking like they want to preform for me, smells are very nice for me, sweet with those tropical notes, resin is a lot more than I expected and even flower density is more than I expected.

Based on the super malawi haze I grew, I am assuming more of the smells are thai and they are coming through very well, none of the oily greasy smells that I think of malawi nor the dark smells.

If she puts up with all my learning curves this well, very easily a good cultivar for people to grow as she is very forgiving, now I just need to wait for them to finish to try them for effects.

Lebanizer

Hi @Lebanizer sorry to hear that. This type of sativa genetics tends to stretch a lot, especially when grown from seed indoors. Bend down the plant (if possible) so that all the top branches are properly illuminated, or trim the branches that are over the lamp, so the plant can focus its energy on the rest of its structure.

To avoid this problem when growing indoors tropical leaning sativa genetics from seed, i always recommend keeping them in small pots whole growing stage and until early flowering stretching is over. Afterward, transplant them into their final pots.
I used to do that with 4L pots but the plants usually turn out smaller than I would've liked. For that reason I chose to let it run run in an 11L pot this time. Also I forgot to mention but I had topped it once. Still she's booming with vigor and has completely taken over. Next time I'll try a 6L pot instead, hopefully it will be thr right size.