What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HashPlant S1 limited edition

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Shmavis,

Glad to know the mildew has not affected the flowers. She looks almost done, producing a finished product that looks exactly like our official strain pictures. If the forecast is sunny and not rainy for the upcoming days then i would let the pot get dry, and then harvest the plant.

Greenthumber

That’s hashplant is looking great shmavis! Good call on keeping her up and tending to her infected leaves! I regret taking my two down early after panicking! Should have saw it through. On a good note here is a hashplant from seed that I gifted to a friend to grow out for me. Enjoy the fall colors!

picture.php

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Any smoke reports yet?

I could not come up with a description for the nose. A neighbor who saw it close to chop remarked how different it smelled and when pressed he couldn’t come up with a likeness either. I gave a few grams to Greenthumber and asked that he describe it. This stuff reeks after burning. Nothing pleasant about the smell that lingers in the air. I likened it to a campfire after a rain - but kept this impression to myself. So I had to laugh when Greenthumber said it smells like a burnt firework. He was talking pre-burning. I told him about the campfire smell after burning and he agreed. I now can’t smell it without thinking of fireworks.

He was kind enough to give me a few grams of the one his friend grew. The flowers look very similar. Breaks up the same - very tight and hard inside - and smells, for the most part, the same. I think the one I grew might be a little louder though. And I think I am starting to smell a subtle pine in his. I agree with the description of the effect being pleasurable and warm. Mine though did not follow through with “pausing the flow of thoughts” but instead find my mind to wander, never staying long on any one thing, but all the while with a relaxed feeling and a smile on my face. I really think mine could’ve went a bit longer. GT commented that another sample I had given him had more amber trichs than the HP sample. I hadn’t checked them at the time. I have only had a couple sessions with the sample GT gave me, but I find it more inline with pausing the flow of thoughts. Compared the two under the USB microscope today and see much more amber in his. So that makes sense.

Mine is to the left and GT's to the right.

picture.php

First pic is mine under the microscope and second is his.

picture.php
picture.php

I haven't smoked on mine for a bit now, so sampling was done with no real cure to speak of. Will have to see if things have changed.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
Nice one Shmavis and Greenthumber :good:

Last edited:

H.Stoner

thx @Shmavis and GT as well. finally a nice grow on an interesting cultivar. usually i end up with a thread and info that is cut short lol.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
thx @Shmavis and GT as well. finally a nice grow on an interesting cultivar. usually i end up with a thread and info that is cut short lol.

:tiphat:

Will be more to come. I wasn't able to grow out the cuts that were upended to the point of being sure which was which. But far enough to have a good idea and then took more cuts. Some did not root. They are just starting to veg. Think I have one HP. But since I am not sure, I have a seed that just finished soaking and is now in a paper towel.

The indoor run has begun! :dance013:

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
I pulled just over 5oz from the seed I popped for the outdoor run. I smoke on it more than anything else these days. Very pleasant. Motivation is not sapped. The mind still wanders, but still in a happy way. Smiling isn’t uncommon. Not long lasting. And still cannot put into words the nose on her. Love it though. Especially when breaking up a bud. Can’t help but have my nose linger over it. Spend time dry-hitting every joint rolled. I dig it.

But...

I mentioned the found seed. Didn’t spend time looking the plant over at harvest - there was over 5oz there! I have since found two more seeds. But always figured the pollen donor was from elsewhere... I mention all this because tonight I was admiring the plant from my second seed popped when I was unfortunately reminded of why I used to be so anti feminized seed.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

CodyPomeray

I am dealing with it right now brotha. Not from ace but from another company. So many hermies on such weak feminized genetics it makes me so sad and angry. I do have 15 of these hashplant s1's to check through this month, I hope there is little hermaphrodites. I plan to take 8 or so of the good females with no hermie tendencies and do a cross on them with something I have yet decided upon, to try and get some more decent hashplant esque stuff going but not in feminized form. I hate feminized myself, and only do it when it is the only choice.

OnceUpon

loving my little hashplant s1's so far!
one is bringing back old memories with its pooopy smells.... the other has a familliar meaty hashplant smell.... but just developed a mystifying old lady's perfume thing... strange but i am loving it

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
I am dealing with it right now brotha. Not from ace but from another company. So many hermies on such weak feminized genetics it makes me so sad and angry. I do have 15 of these hashplant s1's to check through this month, I hope there is little hermaphrodites. I plan to take 8 or so of the good females with no hermie tendencies and do a cross on them with something I have yet decided upon, to try and get some more decent hashplant esque stuff going but not in feminized form. I hate feminized myself, and only do it when it is the only choice.

This is why I shared, because as much as I hated having to post this info, I think fellow growers who may be sitting on these and haven’t yet popped them need to know.

I hope you have better luck and find zero.

And best of luck with any planned crosses. I was hoping to take a few cuts of this one and if promising hit one with BDB pollen, one with Critical Romulan and I have two Ancestral Skunks yet to be sexed but had hoped for a male to cross with HP.

Shit happens. Just glad I found it when I did - it serves as a reminder that I can’t be complacent when growing fems.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
A most excellent turn of events:

A most excellent turn of events:

OK. Remember the upended cuts? Grew them out and all looked very happy. Due to space and time constraints I wasn’t able to grow them long enough to be sure which was which - but had a real good idea though - before I had to take cuts of them. Not all of the second cuts took. I couldn’t be sure if I had one of HP. Started vegging the second round and all was going great until I bought two small Quantum Boards to veg under. Maybe the shock of going from fluorescent did it, not sure, but they all took a big turn for the worse - could’ve won worst-looking-plant contest! This also means they were stressed rather hard. I had one that seemed to fair better than the rest. I was rather confident it was either HP or another - but only one of two possibilities. Decided to transplant and veg under more favorable light and then flower it out but was (nearly) sure it was not HP, rather the other. I had been under this mindset until yesterday. I noticed how fast it seems to be finishing, did some math and realized it was day 47 - HP says it’s a 7-weeker. Hmmm. Pulled her out, got my fingers wet and smelled them - HP! No doubting the unique nose on this plant - the nose knows! She’s not the girl I thought she was...

picture.php
picture.php

Haven't seen any balls on her. And I can't be sure the outdoor seed plant pollinated itself. And like GT's mine did start to purple up outdoors (just not as nicely), so to see the coloring now makes sense... Almost wish I hadn't whacked the second seed plant for the one ball... really curious now about how prevalent this terp profile is in the line.

Anyway, thought some might appreciate this update. :)

Happy Growing!

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
OK. Remember the upended cuts? Grew them out and all looked very happy. Due to space and time constraints I wasn’t able to grow them long enough to be sure which was which - but had a real good idea though - before I had to take cuts of them. Not all of the second cuts took. I couldn’t be sure if I had one of HP. Started vegging the second round and all was going great until I bought two small Quantum Boards to veg under. Maybe the shock of going from fluorescent did it, not sure, but they all took a big turn for the worse - could’ve won worst-looking-plant contest! This also means they were stressed rather hard. I had one that seemed to fair better than the rest. I was rather confident it was either HP or another - but only one of two possibilities. Decided to transplant and veg under more favorable light and then flower it out but was (nearly) sure it was not HP, rather the other. I had been under this mindset until yesterday. I noticed how fast it seems to be finishing, did some math and realized it was day 47 - HP says it’s a 7-weeker. Hmmm. Pulled her out, got my fingers wet and smelled them - HP! No doubting the unique nose on this plant - the nose knows! She’s not the girl I thought she was...

View Image View Image

Haven't seen any balls on her. And I can't be sure the outdoor seed plant pollinated itself. And like GT's mine did start to purple up outdoors (just not as nicely), so to see the coloring now makes sense... Almost wish I hadn't whacked the second seed plant for the one ball... really curious now about how prevalent this terp profile is in the line.

Anyway, thought some might appreciate this update. :)

Happy Growing!

Update appreciated m8 looks well :tiphat:

ULMW

Greetings each n all. I pray you are keeping well and staying safe in these times.
Been a long time since I managed to get my Hash plant S1 to get anywhere. I had unusual troubles in Veg with some not making it.. This one however has and is doing rather nicely now in bloom. Looking forward to seeing how she develops. Happy Growing!

Attachments

• IMG_20200427_093221.jpg
    IMG_20200427_093221.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_20200427_093227.jpg
    IMG_20200427_093227.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_20200427_093234.jpg
    IMG_20200427_093234.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 75

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Greetings each n all. I pray you are keeping well and staying safe in these times.
Been a long time since I managed to get my Hash plant S1 to get anywhere. I had unusual troubles in Veg with some not making it.. This one however has and is doing rather nicely now in bloom. Looking forward to seeing how she develops. Happy Growing!

Looking great friend!

I look forward to hearing your impressions of the nose on those flowers. Aside from strong pine terps this might just be one of my all time favorites. Even when not reaching for this jar I find myself opening it up just to smell it. Recently I had an epiphany; medicine cabinet: Iodine, bandaids, shave soap, Brylcreem... not super loud but not subtle either. Do not have to bury my nose in the jar. Tastes great too.

ULMW

Give Thanks Shmavis. Pray you are well and keeping safe. Yeahman lots of pine terpenes present currently. Heavenly sweet!
Loved the colors you got on your grow. The terpenes of the med cabinet sound interesting too.
Have a great week. Happy Growing!
ULMW

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
The two of you are responsible for so many sales on this site, haha. Then I open my IG and there's ULMW pics via Ace.

We're all quite simpatico- everywhere I go (and everything I put on my list)- there you are. HP S1 is on my short list right now.

ULMW

Blessings BSGospel. Planting seeds of inspiration and joy... Pray you are well and garden too. Glad you find these vars appealing too. Old school vibes all day.. Happy Growing!

Latest posts

Latest posts