What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Break-Barrel Repeater Air Rifle

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
420giveaway
Never had an air rifle when I was a kid.
My dad gave me a .22 when I was around 7-8 years old, stating I wouldn't be shooting my friends in the ass with it.
He was right. BB-qun wars were not uncommon and many childhood friends probably still sport bb's in their bodies to this day. The supposed rule was no more than two pumps and no shots above the waist. Im surprised no eyes were shot out. LOL.
I got 3 bucks per woodchuck doing pest control in people's gardens. That wasnt bad back then considering a 50 round box of hollow point long rifle shells only cost about 60 cents down at the local Farmer's Exchange.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've a Gamo WASP .177 that I picked up a couple years ago due to expensive .22LR ammo. It's rated at 1300 FPS with those special coated pellets so is probably subsonic with normal lead pellets. IDK, but I know it's fun to shoot. :biggrin:

My first firearm was a .22LR. I was told a pellet gun was more or less useless. HA!!!
If it weren't for air guns the kings of old wouldn't have eaten as well as they did!
They're history is pretty intriguing.