What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Keeping clones small

G

I keep trying to find a source to explain something to me and I cant find solid info. Or Im totally missing the obvious.

I grow in a small 2'X 2.5'X 7' tall tent. I have a smaller space but much shorter space as well.

My last grow I had one plant of the two that was my best plant I have grown to date. Awesome. It was a glue type from a fem seed bred by a place that sounds like preventless. If I could have kept a cutting from that one Id run that over and over.

I would love to have been able to take a cut and root a clone of each of the couple plants I can grow at a time but I need to keep them in a solo cup size or one quart pot and keep them under 12" tall until I decide to re run them or toss them up to 10 to 12 weeks later. I can keep the light on 24/7 but dont know how to keep them that small and still healthy.

How do I keep clones/cuttings small and not growing much after rooting or is it just a matter of not up sizing the container and keeping the lights on?

How much space does it really take to keep a cutting healthy and viable for at least a few months or more? I have been growing in my closet for a few almost a few years and really regret not having a clone of this last one.

You can take a cutting, let it grow, when it has barely one clone eligible branch, cut that. When that roots, toss the mom, etc.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
I do micro, here's a pic of my veg box:

picture.php

Small pots, low watts keeps them small.

The mums/dads can go to 10-12", couple months,
before I take cuttings and grow another. mum/dad.

Oldest cut maintained is from 2012.

G

thanks for all the replies. Im going to get some cuts off of my current grow and try it.

Latest posts

Latest posts