What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Violeta

thanks so much continuing the show, some women like roses, maybe they just haven't seen your buds, those are beautiful flowers, you're a master

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks Terpene for your updates on your Napalm x Violeta cross, looks indeed very Violeta dominant. How were the aromas in late flowering ? Kindly, let us know how is the smoke after a bit of curing. Wish you enjoy it!

Siever

Veteran
Hola Terpene,

It was time ago when i sent you the seeds so honestly i cannot remember the details, but looking at the seedlings in your first post i'm quite sure is Violeta (Purple Malawi x Purple PCK), a strain we are about to release now in spring.

The Purple Malawi mum (rare colorful pheno from the pure malawi population) was indeed crossed again to the killer malawi mum in feminized reproduction. Now we are reproducing the purple malawi with 3 malawi males (grandsons of the killer malawi) so hopefully we can release purple malawi sooner or later.

They definately have more indica leaves, while your pure Malawi has those typical thin pure sativa leaves.

Siever

Thank you for making this thread. I've been looking for something nice and purple from seed.... about 10 yrs growing and I've never grown anything straight up purple... some purple leaves/calyx's, sure, but straight up purple like your one pheno? Never.

Ordered a 5-pack of the Violeta just now. Hopefully I can find a pheno like yours in here.

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Thanks for the thread and pics!

It gives me hope for the two PCK crosses I've got, Golden Tiger X PCK and Bangi Haze X PCK.

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
Thanks Terpene for your updates on your Napalm x Violeta cross, looks indeed very Violeta dominant. How were the aromas in late flowering ? Kindly, let us know how is the smoke after a bit of curing. Wish you enjoy it!

The smoke is fantastic. Violeta's "blue" spicy smell and taste really comes through and compliments Napalm's lemon pepper fuel taste / smell. When its ground up, its one of the best smelling crosses I've created - almost perfumey, it definitely doesn't smell like pot. The smoke is very hybrid like, starting immediately with Napalm's (and to some degree Malawi's) alert, mostly clear, talky and energetic and then shifting into relaxed, happy and somewhat dense and more mellow later on as the high progresses. Basically, the high is destroyer / malawi to start, then OG / malawi through the middle, then PCK / OG finish.

Put it this way, I am very happy I pollinated this one for "F2s".

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Great smoke report Terpene :)

I'm pleased to hear the hybrid produced some of the best smelling aromas you have made: Blue, spicy, lemony, fuely ... sounds delightful! :yummy: Enjoy!

I'm glad you are producing an F2 generation, good luck with the breeding!

Violeta will flower for 80+ days?

Looks like I got a long road ahead of me:

qGWFaVO.jpg

Put 5 Violeta plants in flower, this one went in a week or so before the others and has already started to purple. About 6ft tall in 7 gallons of organic soil with drip water/feed.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Violeta will flower for 80+ days?

Looks like I got a long road ahead of me:

View Image

Put 5 Violeta plants in flower, this one went in a week or so before the others and has already started to purple. About 6ft tall in 7 gallons of organic soil with drip water/feed.

Hi SmokinErb22,

The early flowering Violetas finish fast, in 8-9 weeks, there are slower flowering phenos taking up to 10 weeks to mature but they are better yielding, yours looks like will be a real beauty at the end of flowering.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Amazing SmokinErb22 :tiphat:
What a pleasure for the eye, I can smell them from here :biggrin:

The flowers look like a good purple PCK, but the plant structure is much more vigorous, with much better branching and yield than pure PCK thanks to the influence of the purple Malawi mother.

Thank you very much for the updates, please let us know how they finish!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Violeta is out of stock since a few months ago.

It was released only in feminized format, now we are working to produce more feminized stock and its first standard version.

The new standard and feminized stock should be available in late Nov/Dec.

I'm pretty sure these are the feminized Violeta seeds, by the way. Don't usually grow feminized but it was all that was still available.

Did have one plant (so far) show some pollen sacks, HOWEVER, that could very well be GROWER error (camera flash @ dark cycle, left my green lamp on overnight a few times, etc). Also worth mentioning that once pollen sacks were removed (only 2-3 of them) I never saw them come back.... which leads me to believe it was my mistake that caused pollen rather than true hermie.

Final 2 Violeta plants coming down this week. The earlier finishing phenos were a big hit! Great flavor and odor. Solid purple inside and out.

Have a plant that's not quite as purple as the others that's drying now, as well as another purple one drying, I'll be sure to post back pics of dried nugs.

And the final two longer-flowering phenos both started foxtailing at the end of flower.

4JfszTn.jpg