What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yes I really live on an Island with a tribe of Natives

tamworthrope

It sounds so foreign to someone from the states trading a gun for some medical attention. You are living on the edge out there great story.

Damn brother sounds a bit like stories I heard from a polish bloke i work with. Used to laugh at us we we talked about free health care in the EU vs the states. Said when he was kid everyone brought a gift when they went to the Dr.

masamaaso

Veteran
It sounds so foreign to someone from the states trading a gun for some medical attention. You are living on the edge out there great story.

Damn brother sounds a bit like stories I heard from a polish bloke i work with. Used to laugh at us we we talked about free health care in the EU vs the states. Said when he was kid everyone brought a gift when they went to the Dr.

A, W-TAC-12 is sweet shit, any firearms lover would cream over it,, and he did. He was all over it at the same time telling his aid to see if a plane was available to come there right away,, I was floored,, way to easy,, that means its TAX TIME,, payola #1 coming up, here’s where fat ass gets his,,, he’s allowed to tax everything coming AND going to the mining island which is why the smugglers like it (lotta miners there like smokes and booze) AND why it gets its name, get caught and they will kill you, in this part of the world you won’t be missed, in the little mine town they’ve
been known and shoot ya so the rest can see, brutal tactics but dam effective, and it keeps the price of rum up.. The cost for me to get outa there, $1000 US,, I was freaked,, that’s dam near 10 million Indonesian Rupiahs,,, W T F. I was expecting 200-300 US dollars, just then the
Aid came back and started to speak, Fat ass held his fat hand up to silence his him,,, looked at me and asked “do you have the money” I said yea, and he lowered his fat hand and motioned for his aid to continue, who said a plane would be there in an hour, which really meant 3 so I found a shady spot and tried to get a nap.

2 ½ hours (I was close) I could hear the plane approaching, as I was getting on my good foot a truck with the those 5 asshole pulls up next to the runway, time for part 2 of “exit taxes” what happens here is fuked up, this is how the lower ranks of wanna be assholes gets theirs. When the plane touches down it is considered taxable as well the pilot, passengers cargo ,anything in the plane including wrist watches and its these 5 guys job to collect.
Now heres the part where a ya gotta do a “package check” before attempting cause if your sets not “clacking” yer fuked, and it pays to remember whos holding the loaded AK, they’ll empty yer pockets luggage and if one likes yer shoes ?? well you get the idea and it don’t pay to resist or get stupid with um cause they know you want on that plane real bad or you wouldn’t be there.

masamaaso

Veteran
RANGO

RANGO

Big ass cicada hard and fast, these things can break light bulbs slamming into um and scream when ya chase um and swing shit at um,,,lil kids catch um and tie thread around the thorax so it can still fly,, at least till the thread runs out...
VS
Rango,, a deadly stalker, takes his time before getting closer.
Did he get it ?????
or did Rango go hungry(and thirsty)

Attachments

• SANY0017.jpg
    SANY0017.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 27
  • SANY0019.jpg
    SANY0019.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 28
  • SANY0020.jpg
    SANY0020.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 24
  • SANY0021.jpg
    SANY0021.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 30
S

SeaMaiden

Big ass cicada hard and fast, these things can break light bulbs slamming into um and scream when ya chase um and swing shit at um,,,lil kids catch um and tie thread around the thorax so it can still fly,, at least till the thread runs out...
VS
Rango,, a deadly stalker, takes his time before getting closer.
Did he get it ?????
or did Rango go hungry(and thirsty)

Ah, one of my favorite species of gecko, the Tokay. Do NOT let them bite you. Just don't. I'm sure the locals are aware, but man oh man, I remember when some of my warehouse guys were handling a shipment, and one of them got dinged by a big one. Brought tears to his eyes and blood to his fingers.

Organic joe

Lol I love how u tell a story and just when it starts getting good u stop... Commercial break just like tv

U keep us asking for more lol gotta love it
I must of missed the fishpen I'll go back and reread

Patiently awaiting to hear what the five assholes charged you and how u got back home to your wife
Keep the good stories coming my friend I look forward to them

MJBadger

Veteran
Well it`s as pissy as hell here in the UK but reading this has brightened up my day .

At least you won`t be kicking no arse with that foot .

masamaaso

Veteran
That is one wicked looking lizard!

I like him best when he's orange but this is when he's mad,,wife tossed him outa the house again and he's looking for a way back in.
Come on now somebody at least take a guess if he got the big cicada...

Attachments

• nothing 004.jpg
    nothing 004.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 24
  • nothing 003.jpg
    nothing 003.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 28
  • nothing 002.jpg
    nothing 002.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 27
  • nothing 001.jpg
    nothing 001.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 30

tamworthrope

A, W-TAC-12 is sweet shit, any firearms lover would cream over it,, and he did. He was all over it at the same time telling his aid to see if a plane was available to come there right away,, I was floored,, way to easy,, that means its TAX TIME,, payola #1 coming up, here’s where fat ass gets his,,, he’s allowed to tax everything coming AND going to the mining island which is why the smugglers like it (lotta miners there like smokes and booze) AND why it gets its name, get caught and they will kill you, in this part of the world you won’t be missed, in the little mine town they’ve
been known and shoot ya so the rest can see, brutal tactics but dam effective, and it keeps the price of rum up.. The cost for me to get outa there, $1000 US,, I was freaked,, that’s dam near 10 million Indonesian Rupiahs,,, W T F. I was expecting 200-300 US dollars, just then the
Aid came back and started to speak, Fat ass held his fat hand up to silence his him,,, looked at me and asked “do you have the money” I said yea, and he lowered his fat hand and motioned for his aid to continue, who said a plane would be there in an hour, which really meant 3 so I found a shady spot and tried to get a nap.

2 ½ hours (I was close) I could hear the plane approaching, as I was getting on my good foot a truck with the those 5 asshole pulls up next to the runway, time for part 2 of “exit taxes” what happens here is fuked up, this is how the lower ranks of wanna be assholes gets theirs. When the plane touches down it is considered taxable as well the pilot, passengers cargo ,anything in the plane including wrist watches and its these 5 guys job to collect.
Now heres the part where a ya gotta do a “package check” before attempting cause if your sets not “clacking” yer fuked, and it pays to remember whos holding the loaded AK, they’ll empty yer pockets luggage and if one likes yer shoes ?? well you get the idea and it don’t pay to resist or get stupid with um cause they know you want on that plane real bad or you wouldn’t be there.

Masa
Dude I feel like I'm in a Humphrey Bogart movie. Not sure if your a fan but your stories are exactly like his 1940's movies always centered around these thugs like the fat man you were talking about. The type only understand force and $$$
So would rather deal with a fat Island boss or the US government?

Tough choice in my mind because money buys you liberty of some kind in both cases. At least with the island boss you know what you're getting no one pretends that greed doesn't rule.

"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind."
Humphrey Bogart

Masa you're a breath of fresh air.

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for sharing your stories man, you have a nice way of putting all the details together.

i grew up in jamaica and most of what you are dealing with is so similar there, brings back memories. nothing like a good ol' 3rd world bribe haha

S

SeaMaiden

Of course that Tokay took the cicada, it's a Tokay! I've never seen a pissed of Tokay gecko before, either. Madness!

B

buddymate

Tokay. Do NOT let them bite you.
Tell me about it,had several Tucko/tokay draw blood when I have grabbed them,I used to watch them stalk,catch and eat tiki(small gecko)around the flourescent light,also had them take very small budgerigar chicks,biggest lizards in pinas are halo(monitors),they eat ok :ying:

Attachments

• DSC03011.jpg
    DSC03011.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC03017.jpg
    DSC03017.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Monitor 1.jpg
    Monitor 1.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 25
B

buddymate

As for guns every man and his dog has something,my neighbour used to keep frag-grenades taped up in a biscuit tin,I have the house in south cotabato not far from the infamous maguindanao massacre site where 58 journalists and local politicians were killed at a road-block in 2009,the amputuans,a local warlord family who perpetrated the ambush had Barret M82's in their arsenal,you can pick up Danao specials,rought .38 cals made in Danao just north of cebu city,I have had a few for £30 each but I prefer my glock :tiphat:

Attachments

• My Beautiful Baby!!
    My Beautiful Baby!!
    142.7 KB · Views: 51
  • in the hand..jpg
    in the hand..jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Hand your firearms in before entry,rough club,2008. (Small) (2).jpg
    Hand your firearms in before entry,rough club,2008. (Small) (2).jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 34
  • The guys,2008. (Small).jpg
    The guys,2008. (Small).jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 28

Organic joe

As for guns every man and his dog has something,my neighbour used to keep frag-grenades taped up in a biscuit tin,I have the house in south cotabato not far from the infamous maguindanao massacre site where 58 journalists and local politicians were killed at a road-block in 2009,the amputuans,a local warlord family who perpetrated the ambush had Barret M82's in their arsenal,you can pick up Danao specials,rought .38 cals made in Danao just north of cebu city,I have had a few for £30 each but I prefer my glock :tiphat:

what's that in the first pic a rought.38? I like the way that looks I've never seen one like that wonder if we can get them.in the states
How does it handle?
I have a 605polly 357 its pretty nice I hit the target every time at twentyfive feet but it gets scattered further away

Last edited: