What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
Hey Dubi, I know you said they look like sativa hybrids and I don't mean to insult - but I am going to stick to my guns here..

The zamal leaning pheno preflowers at every internode with the most african looking leaves I've ever seen. Smells like sweet mangos and carrots when you rub the stem.

Meanwhile, the golden tiger leaning pheno's leaves look totally thai with minor african influences, it has one or two preflowers over the whole plant. It's way bushier, stronger growing and is at least 20% larger than the other. This is probably a representation of a 50/50 mix you were talking about, just impossible to kill. The golden tiger pheno is mango/carrots as well, but more bitter/astringent.

I should note both plants are vegging in 20/4.

Zamaldelica - african leaning pheno
picture.php

Zamaldelica - Thai leaning pheno
picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looking VERY nice Terpene! They look real happy, almost like under the tropical sun :)

The branching in both plants is definitely very zamal influenced. This kind of branching produces monsters outdoors. Looks like we are more on the zamal/thai side of the hybrid, can't wait to see them flowering to know more.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Doesn't Zamal have alot of hermies? Anyone know how often hermies come out of these Zamaldelica beans?

Welcome AKgrown1,

Honestly, can not guarantee a 100 % hermie free zamal F1 hybrid that's why the seeds are being shared as freebies but this kind of zamal x sativa hybrids have the potential to produce plants with incredible trippy effects, i think it's worth the search. Golden Tiger is very hermie resistant and her influence decrease the chance of hermies in the zamaldelica hybrid.

Terpene

Veteran
Looking VERY nice Terpene! They look real happy, almost like under the tropical sun :)

The branching in both plants is definitely very zamal influenced. This kind of branching produces monsters outdoors. Looks like we are more on the zamal/thai side of the hybrid, can't wait to see them flowering to know more.

Thanks sir! I do what I can with the CFL sun. The branching produces monsters indoors as well! ;)

Rinse - a CFL produces a volleyball of useable flowering light. Past a 5 inch radius from the bulb, their strength rapidly decreases. Flat plants / screened plants + CFLs = winning results, even with hazes / equatorial sativas.

Terpene

Veteran
Hey Dubi, what kind of stretch should I be expecting with these? I know you said the zamal REALLY takes off outdoors..

I am assuming original haze-esqe properties 3-4x... I want to veg them into monsters, but also have space considerations.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hey Dubi, what kind of stretch should I be expecting with these? I know you said the zamal REALLY takes off outdoors..

I am assuming original haze-esqe properties 3-4x... I want to veg them into monsters, but also have space considerations.

Hello Terpene,

Honestly, i think your Zamaldelic have enough size to flower indoors, i wont let them grow too much, being a pure tropical sativa hybrid they stretch very vigorously. Zamal genetics tends to branch incredible strong, it's great for outdoor growing but maybe not so efficient for indoor growing.

I'd recommend you to top the smaller-weaker branches that receive less light intensity and leave the more vigorous and better branches under the lamp to get the best looking and better developed flowers. Sometimes if you grow a very branched pure sativa indoors, you can easily finish with lots of buds but not so dense and good quality, that is why is better to focus the flowers in the best stems.

Terpene

Veteran
Thanks for the info dubi. You're right about the branching, I spent a good amount of time in veg bending / breaking / beating the wire-thin branches of this cross for additional thickness.

Light intensity probably won't be an issue. Thai pheno is under 3w LEDs (2500+umol), Zamal pheno is under my CFL array (1300umol) Hopefully the LEDs will lightbleach the thai leaning pheno..

The zamal pheno is 2 days into 11/13 and is adding about an inch a day. Whole plant, under the tomato cage scrog...
picture.php

Heres a shot of the zamal pheno preflowers, again day 2 of flower.
picture.php

Here's the thai pheno under the leds... Gonna need a bigger boat...
picture.php

More photos in a month or so.

G

Guest 88950

very nice bro

got my Zamadelica freebies and will pop them soon. cant wait to see what i got.

bogus

Hello again Terpene!!
What a nice job and clean plant you got!! as duby says they seems very healthy ;)
does the mangue-carot olor is very pugnent or just a fragancy you'd say?
does all fenos got it?
thanks for sharing
b.

Terpene

Veteran
The zamal looking pheno is pretty damn fragrant, smells like sweet mango carrots. I wouldn't say it reeks of it where it could be a smell concern - but frankly, I want it as a home air freshener... a very "kern's nectar" type of smell.

The thai pheno hasn't started throwing pistils yet, but it's rubbed stems smell more "thai" - somewhat darker, astringent but still carrot mango there in the background.

Good to hear of the nice fragrance Terpene. It will be interesting to hear how the smell changes as they progress. Have you been tempted to pull off some of preflowers as they mature for an early smoke test? I know I would. I'm really looking forward to a first smoke report on this cross.

Terpene

Veteran
Mickey - I'm not too worried, I run perpetual and tend to be paranoid from early pulled plants, so Ill be letting them run till they amber over. Heh, especially after Dubi said its "terroriffic" - probably 16-20 weeks.

UHN - I was CFL, but I actually JUST switched to led in flower. Currently a single 240w 3w chipset hangs over my 3x3. Ill be adding another here pretty soon, though the solo LED is doing a decent job of lighting my 3 plant flower setup. In the interim, the light fades toward the edges - nothing some rotation won't fix.

The thai pheno is at a friends house with basically the same 4 plant area setup. Hes running (2) 500w 3 w chipsets! The thai is *HUGE* - it's just about to start tossing pistils, when it looks legit, I'll put a shot or two up. The 500s are BRIGHT. I like to say his closet is the purple sun..

You want some serious LED power? Google Gotham Hydro and you only want the 3w chipsets, they run circles around 2 and 1 watt chip models.