Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Chimera Genetics / Breeders Retail > Anyone Run Highland Mex x BB?

Thread Title Search
Anyone Run Highland Mex x BB? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-26-2008, 10:08 AM #21
kopite

I've seen them @ seedsdirect

Old 03-28-2008, 09:53 AM #22
martian313

martian313 is a jewel in the roughmartian313 is a jewel in the roughmartian313 is a jewel in the roughmartian313 is a jewel in the roughmartian313 is a jewel in the roughmartian313 is a jewel in the rough
Smile

Hi All,

I’m a newbie here but have some info on the Highland Mex/BB….didn't know whether to put this in the H.O.G thread but hope those interested track it down here!

Anyway here goes . Had some fun with these a while ago, lookin for the H.O.G. or something similar to the foundations of the FLO and had been very happy with Chimera’s Fighting Buddha, which was wonderful and very welcome addition to my collection.

OK of the 4 beans tried got 2 girls and 2 boys. All were very uniform in structure growth rates etc. and showing great vigor. All were started on 13/11 cycle. Clones were taken from the girls and kept under the 13/11-11/13 regime while the mommas were placed outside to do their thing au natural. All were raised the organic way , same mix with the worm castings and Guano as principal nutrients.

What interested me most is that the outdoor/greenhouse girls showed a different phenotype expression (see below) no purpling, green stems more compact buds than those on the coaxing cycle. The two clones when coaxed showed amazing leaf curl (which I have seen before in the blue strains) purple calyx tips, light lavender undersides on some leaves, some fox-tailing and a reddish meristem, despite the overall temps being higher for those under the light. These girls were seeded by both males. Stretch was manageable with some topping and bending, which the girls responded to very well

Flowering time was pretty similar for both the coaxed and the outdoor girls and all were taken at 12.5 weeks when hairs were 75-80% red and concentration of clear trich heads was strongest.(im always looking for the PPP..powerfully pleasant psychedelic effect)... flowering @12.5 weeks is slightly longer than the 11 quoted by Chimera, but I’m not complaining….

Smell and flavour wise these babies are quite special….overall smell after a good 8 week cure is sweet lime with a deep sweet chocolatey bottom end (just like those boiled chocolate lime sweets). Flavor on the inhale is limey sweet citrus and slightly menthol /astringent…(when pulled through a nice water pipe ).On the exhale the taste is a wonderful floral violet taste….definitely top marks for flavor on this strain!

The high is great also, clear and up with an almost immediate rush (not racy, heart or head wise), keep going and it gets meditative and spacey , with some definite visual distortion in a kind of tunnel effect ….quite a relaxing sativa with some proper potency to it, and very little body. seeded mommas are a little more chilled and a touch trippier.

Long lasting too (3-4 hours) has a very high ceiling and you can get pretty high pretty fast with quick successive hits….tolerance build up is very slow. All in all a great plant for Sativa lovers and easily worth the 12 weeks wait

Not sure which Mexican highland Chimera used for this cross and I guess it
has some H.O.G like qualities (which could have come through the BB I guess), but it is quite different from the FLO (not quite as feel good, colorful or social but it is very creative and I don’t always feel social anyway!) SO unless someone can say other wise, I don’t think this is a H.O.G /BB cross (and I could be completely wrong here Chimera, so all apologies if I am...)
I think read that Chimera used a Guerrero somewhere on these forums, which is a great heritage strain cross in its own right

Anyway All in all still very highly recommended, and another triumph for the Chimera/DJ short stable ….looking forward to cracking the F2’s at some point to see what’s in there. Hands down to Chimera for offering these genetics at such great price. Hope this helps!

Peace…………………… ..m313

sorry I couldn't upload pics....I'll try again at some point.
martian313 is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-29-2008, 05:25 AM #23
kopite

thanks for the post martian313.... it was a nice read
Quote:
The high is great also, clear and up with an almost immediate rush (not racy, heart or head wise), keep going and it gets meditative and spacey , with some definite visual distortion in a kind of tunnel effect ….quite a relaxing sativa with some proper potency to it, and very little body. seeded mommas are a little more chilled and a touch trippier.

Long lasting too (3-4 hours) has a very high ceiling and you can get pretty high pretty fast with quick successive hits….tolerance build up is very slow. All in all a great plant for Sativa lovers and easily worth the 12 weeks wait

has some H.O.G like qualities (which could have come through the BB I guess), but it is quite different from the FLO (not quite as feel good, colorful or social but it is very creative and I don’t always feel social anyway!) SO unless someone can say other wise, I don’t think this is a H.O.G /BB cross (and I could be completely wrong here Chimera, so all apologies if I am...)
I think read that Chimera used a Guerrero somewhere on these forums, which is a great heritage strain cross in its own right
for the Guerrero that seems to fit from memory of the descrption in starks book

Last edited by kopite; 04-05-2008 at 02:29 PM..

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:15 AM #24
Ulysses

Ulysses is a jewel in the roughUlysses is a jewel in the roughUlysses is a jewel in the roughUlysses is a jewel in the roughUlysses is a jewel in the roughUlysses is a jewel in the rough
Well, I dropped 5 HMxBB got 5! 100% germ is a happy thing as all survived! However, the G13xBBSativa wasn't as fortunate... Zero for 12- I'm guessing they were too old? 100% germ on the Love Potion #2 though...

I'm looking at 4 females and 1 male HMxBB judging on the pre sex characteristics after 7 weeks of veg... So far, they are non-spectacular plants, unassuming, healthy and green with reddish fan leaf stems. Very easy to grow. A bit of overwatering stress perhaps... I'm bending the tips each visit to induce branching. I will be taking cuts!

Considering popping the other 5 to produce more males to keep the diversity- I don't want to bottleneck the strain by using one male... I plan on hitting these with Original Flo pollen and/or viseversa...

Team Reeferman was kind enough to replace my failed G13xBBS seeds. My heart sank when these didn't pop... Most people who got a decent pheno from this cross rate it highly enough to keep it going.

I selected Love Potion #1 'New and Improved for 2008' for replacement seeds... The grow team at Reeferman seeds recently identified a superior SMCG male to update the line. The new male increases the lemon-ness and brings down the flower time as much as a month- you'll be picking buds on Halloween! I hope this male keeps the stratospheric high intact... I've already found a stunning female LP#2- a clear winner from sprout on... f2s planned!

I'm looking at other Chimera strains now... For a heads up, LP#2 is on sale for $65 USD at HD- for the Colombian Gold fans here...fairly cheap for a CC winner!
Ulysses is offline Quote

Old 04-23-2008, 11:16 AM #25
Goldenseed

Goldenseed will become famous soon enoughGoldenseed will become famous soon enough
Hey!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by martian313
Hi All,

I’m a newbie here but have some info on the Highland Mex/BB….didn't know whether to put this in the H.O.G thread but hope those interested track it down here!

Anyway here goes . Had some fun with these a while ago, lookin for the H.O.G. or something similar to the foundations of the FLO and had been very happy with Chimera’s Fighting Buddha, which was wonderful and very welcome addition to my collection.

OK of the 4 beans tried got 2 girls and 2 boys. All were very uniform in structure growth rates etc. and showing great vigor. All were started on 13/11 cycle. Clones were taken from the girls and kept under the 13/11-11/13 regime while the mommas were placed outside to do their thing au natural. All were raised the organic way , same mix with the worm castings and Guano as principal nutrients.

What interested me most is that the outdoor/greenhouse girls showed a different phenotype expression (see below) no purpling, green stems more compact buds than those on the coaxing cycle. The two clones when coaxed showed amazing leaf curl (which I have seen before in the blue strains) purple calyx tips, light lavender undersides on some leaves, some fox-tailing and a reddish meristem, despite the overall temps being higher for those under the light. These girls were seeded by both males. Stretch was manageable with some topping and bending, which the girls responded to very well

Flowering time was pretty similar for both the coaxed and the outdoor girls and all were taken at 12.5 weeks when hairs were 75-80% red and concentration of clear trich heads was strongest.(im always looking for the PPP..powerfully pleasant psychedelic effect)... flowering @12.5 weeks is slightly longer than the 11 quoted by Chimera, but I’m not complaining….

Smell and flavour wise these babies are quite special….overall smell after a good 8 week cure is sweet lime with a deep sweet chocolatey bottom end (just like those boiled chocolate lime sweets). Flavor on the inhale is limey sweet citrus and slightly menthol /astringent…(when pulled through a nice water pipe ).On the exhale the taste is a wonderful floral violet taste….definitely top marks for flavor on this strain!

Anyway All in all still very highly recommended, and another triumph for the Chimera/DJ short stable ….looking forward to cracking the F2’s at some point to see what’s in there. Hands down to Chimera for offering these genetics at such great price. Hope this helps!

Peace…………………… ..m313

sorry I couldn't upload pics....I'll try again at some point.
Thanks m313 very good read...please try again to post some pics i would love to see her.

@Ulysses: Please keep us updated...im so excited to see what this Strain is able to do.

Greetz Goldenseed

Old 04-23-2008, 03:01 PM #26
martian313

martian313 is a jewel in the roughmartian313 is a jewel in the roughmartian313 is a jewel in the roughmartian313 is a jewel in the roughmartian313 is a jewel in the roughmartian313 is a jewel in the rough
Hey Goldenseed, take a look in the Highland Oaxacan Gold thread over at the DJ?/egends forum I posted some pics in there a couple of weeks back

hope you like them, this strain is a fine one....

peace m313

Old 04-24-2008, 06:17 PM #27
Ulysses

Ulysses is a jewel in the roughUlysses is a jewel in the roughUlysses is a jewel in the roughUlysses is a jewel in the roughUlysses is a jewel in the roughUlysses is a jewel in the rough
m313- You mention that Chimera referenced using Guerraran Mex as the mother to this cross, can you find that information again?

I PM'd Chimera several months ago with no reply on the topic... Hey that's ok, I'd rather have him making beans that jawbonin here...
Ulysses is offline Quote

Old 04-30-2008, 08:48 PM #28
Chimera
Genetic Resource Management

Chimera is a survivorChimera is a survivorChimera is a survivorChimera is a survivorChimera is a survivorChimera is a survivorChimera is a survivorChimera is a survivorChimera is a survivorChimera is a survivorChimera is a survivor
Glad to see some people actually trying these out. My friends in the tropics have been raving about these for a few years now.... I'm sure less than 20 packs have left my hands to the retail market.

I did bring 10 (unrequested!) packs to our wholesaler a few weeks ago, in hopes they'd be sent along to Gypsy for his continued support of Chimera Seeds. I have no idea if they made it his way yet or not....

Martian313, thanks for your thorough report- I'm glad you are enjoying them. Those pics in the thread in DJ's forum are great. Would you mind if I used one for advertising etc?

The mexican used was indeed astellar highland guerreran specimen selected from a true mexican circa '73 (if memory serves) landrace population
-Chimera
Chimera is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:08 PM #29
martian313

Chimera,

No problem you can use the photos at will. And thanks for the strain too a real top shelfer. PLEASE Keep um' coming ! Loved the fighting buddha (mine really had that Sherbet dip candy stick flavour ) and the mental floss was wonderful too. Cant way to try the Sweetest Sativa.

Respect M313

Old 05-08-2008, 04:56 AM #30
martian313

Talking

Just a re-run of the HMxBB pics, that were posted over in the DJ forum for anyone that missed them there.

I must say that this stuff just gets better and better with the cure. It is so up and so clear and intentful (in that you can apply yourself seriously to any task at hand whether it be social, manual or creative is unreal) with lovely euphoria to it. getting some lovely CEV's when relaxing into it too. This is defiantly one for the "acid test"
flavour has developed to with more floral earthy notes lurking below the choco-lime.

Wonderful....thankyou

m313

m313

7 members found this post helpful.