What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Arcata Trainwreck

what is the best way to grow the wreck??? And want are some tips on growing it???is it a heavy feeder or light, trying to get mine dialed in!!thanks

T

THCV

medium feeder, go too heavy and you'll see burn. most important thing is bud support, as TW branches can almost never support the buds they produce--they droop seriously by week 4-5. So plant your support system... Also, avoid topping too much or else it will turn into a crazy octopus vine.

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
My Trainwreck grows and looks a lot like my AK-47. Both are tall spindly plants that have to be tied up due to the weight of the buds. It seems that TW has a few more budsites than the AK. I am at the end of my 6th week and the AK has hairs turning brown, but the TW doesn't. Still nice and white.

I was planning to take the AK at 55-56 days and the TW at 58. I usually don't wait for amber trics, as I like the up high. Since this is the first time I have grown TW, I don't know when most people harvest. What do you guys recommend?

G

Pops said:
My Trainwreck grows and looks a lot like my AK-47. Both are tall spindly plants that have to be tied up due to the weight of the buds. It seems that TW has a few more budsites than the AK. I am at the end of my 6th week and the AK has hairs turning brown, but the TW doesn't. Still nice and white.

I was planning to take the AK at 55-56 days and the TW at 58. I usually don't wait for amber trics, as I like the up high. Since this is the first time I have grown TW, I don't know when most people harvest. What do you guys recommend?
I've taken it at 42 and it was still declared a winner by all that toked it. At 55 more potent and lasts longer, buzz hits faster bringing on the paranoia phase that lasts about an hour. From 70-80 it's phenominal but haven't seen many clones want to go that long, when they're done they just seem to stop and sit there (could be building potency but appearance is in limbo). I like it best from 55-65 days and cured for a month for special company and friends. Most of the nug growth explodes in the last few weeks, it's tempting to chop earlier but well worth yeild to wait as long as you can. I'm talkin nugs doubling in mass during the last month.

The true arcata cut is definitely 3-4 toke limit stuff for the missus and me. One son toked a whole J once and missed the whole hour-long ride to another grower. He cruised for the rest of the day and finally crashed hard at midnight, smartly turning down any more tokes of this amazing plant.

Last edited:

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
Thanks, 1Toke, I am at 40 days now and hairs are just starting to turn brown. I'll let her go around 58 days and try her. What is the difference between the Arcata cut and the E-32?

masterlow37

Veteran
:confused: Can anyone out there compare the sativa type of high of the TW cut, to say any of these: Apollo/Genius, I.S.Skunk, S.S.Haze, Flo, Sour D. or Strawberry Cough ? :chin: Thanks

ilife

Arcata Trainwreck circa 84

Arcata Trainwreck circa 84

Here is a advertisement showing different brand/names for marijuana in Humboldt and Mendocino Counties in 1984.
It is from the Ridge Review , Mendocino County, 1984 vol.IV, no.1.

See the Trainwreck!!!!

iLiFE

masterlow37

Veteran
ilife said:
Here is a advertisement showing different brand/names for marijuana in Humboldt and Mendocino Counties in 1984.
It is from the Ridge Review , Mendocino County, 1984 vol.IV, no.1.

See the Trainwreck!!!!

:chin: So i wonder how many on that list are still being grown today ?

G

silvertrain said:
i just recieved a cut of the acata tw..does anyone know how popular the strand is on the east coast?

If you gotta ask us, then the answer is probably Not Very :D

silvertrain

acata tw : genious.. i have a buddy that runs both strains plus many other flavors.. i found that the acata packs an initial power puch with a uppy high that didnt last to long. has a very significant aroma with a spicy taste..: genious: the genious with my experience has a far better taste with a milder high that last alot longer.. the taste reminds me of cinnamon.. overall i would choose the genios...

J

James-Bong

T-dubs

T-dubs

Just cuttin up some wreck 2nite....... thought id post a few pics......they were stressed early in flower but came out pretty decent..... :joint:

J

James-Bong

purple light is from my aquarium..... plant was near it when it was took....

Guest423

Veteran
nice oscar...i had 2 of them and 1 was albino...they used to jump out of the tank and eat food from my hand...then land back in the water.

razer

I'm on the east coast and I'm smoking tw as I'm typing this and I'm not that imprest it doesn't liv up to ALL THE HIPE sorry but that's just my opinion

Smoke-on :joint:

G

razer said:
I'm on the east coast and I'm smoking tw as I'm typing this and I'm not that imprest it doesn't liv up to ALL THE HIPE sorry but that's just my opinion

Smoke-on :joint:

Did you grow it?

I've had TW for awhile... and love it. It's a real crowd pleaser in this area.

Mais~

silvertrain

nice purple aqaurium lights.. gives the nugs a more exotic look... yea i agree it must b a imposter.. i can barely move after a few tokes of the tw.. it does ware of quik though..