What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

anyone using physan20 throughout the entire grow?

little-soldier

Hello fellow ICMAGERs,

Someone posted recently that you can use physan20 at the rate of 0.5ml/23gal throughout the entire grow. Problem is I tried to do a quick search on google to find if anyone has ever documented an entire grow with it and couldn't find anything. If anyone knows of such a thread can you please post the link here? Thanks

I was goanna go with the bleach but it evaporates quickly and I would need an ORP meter so kinda wanna go the physian20 route if I can. Crap, have not even looked yet to see if they sell it here in Canada...

little-soldier

for those who are interested, I have contacted physan and asked them if it is safe to use throughout the grow. Here is what they said

Hi Steevo

When using Physan 20 in an aeroponic system where there will be more frequent watering, similar to a traditional hydroponic system, we would recommend 1mL of Physan 20 per 10 gallons of water. This should allow for continued control without harm to the roots.

As far as use with cannabis, we have customers who use it both in traditional hydroponic reservoirs as well as spraying directly on the plants (for items like powdery mildew). Physan 20 is a contact product, not a systemic, meaning it is not taken up by the plants, but rather used to treat the plant's surfaces/outside of the roots. Physan 20 breaks down into Nitrogen after 7-10 days, so we typically will recommend to halt use of Physan 7 days prior to harvest, and some customers will rinse with water after clipping.

Let me know if I have missed anything here on the initial questions, and I would be happy to help

Regards,

Christian Whitehair
15421 Red Hill Avenue
Suite D
Tustin, CA 92870
physan20@gmail.com
714-544-7711

I replied

if its not safe for consumption then wouldnt that make it systemic?

they replied

A systemic vs. contact is determined by whether or not the product is taken up by the plant tissue. Physan 20 is not taken in and redistributed through the plant by the plant's tissue, so it is a contact product. The comment on the label related to use with edible plants is a regulatory requirement that a fungicide needs if marketed specifically for use with edible plants. Physan 20 is not marketed towards use with food crops, but rather ornamentals and general pathogen control, so we have this statement which is required by the EPA. However, we are aware that customers may use Physan 20 with cannabis as it has shown to be effective at keeping roots clean and powdery mildew from forming, so we provide as safe and accurate of information as possible for their usage.

Regards,

Christian Whitehair
15421 Red Hill Avenue
Suite D
Tustin, CA 92870
physan20@gmail.com
714-544-7711

Latest posts

Latest posts