What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help save my girls

stevebe

Hi Peoples,

i have attached a picture of what i believe to be either nut burn or a deficiency ? i am really unsure.

Growing in coco feeding at 1.2-1.4 Ec

help save my girls.

Attachments

• IMG_1309.jpg
    IMG_1309.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 62

PotPlanter

I'd say nute burn (nut burn sounds painful though so I hope you don't have that) my girls are 5 times that size and I'm only feeding around 1.1 ec however I don't know what nutes you are using but dial it back to half strength and good luck. Also, is that an auto? if not, that's a big ole pot for one so young.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Your EC is not high but for such a small plant with no established root mass it looks like she cant take it.. Im is soil, I use 450ppm/ph 6.5 on all plants in veg but they all have a good root mass established.. Make sure your PH is good 5.8-6 for coco. Change your meter to read PPM if you can and use 400 ppm until her roots are good. Than you can up her feed.

1.2ec=600ppm

Is your coco wet or dry?. Looks dry.. You could water with ro a few times to offset the ec levels until roots are established.

Fixer

Flush your plants with 50% feed solution until your run off is withing 300ppm of your feed.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Did you wash that coco?

If not, you are sitting in 1.2 EC+ to begin with (if you are lucky) and adding the ferts on top. ouch

Take some of the media and soak it, measure every couple of hours, stir, etc... Then wait a day. Post the pics.

Did you buffer with Calcium prior to planting? Looks like a Ca deficiency to say the least.

What are you applying?

Fixer

Did you wash that coco?

If not, you are sitting in 1.2 EC+ to begin with (if you are lucky) and adding the ferts on top. ouch

Take some of the media and soak it, measure every couple of hours, stir, etc... Then wait a day. Post the pics.

Did you buffer with Calcium prior to planting? Looks like a Ca deficiency to say the least.

What are you applying?

Hi slownickel, Are we talking about the same thing? If I have an over concentration of nutrients in my coco I flush it by running enough dilute nutrients through the coco to bring the e.c/ppms down until the runoff from the bottom of the pot is within 300ppm of whatever I'm feeding them. If you're using processed, bagged coco you don't need to rinse or buffer.

Stevebe, when you feed your plants make sure you are getting around 10% of what you feed the plants back out of the bottom as runoff. When you do this you know that you're flushing some of the excess nutrients that you fed them last time back out. Check your runoff occasionally to make sure there's no build up.

stevebe

I'd say nute burn (nut burn sounds painful though so I hope you don't have that) my girls are 5 times that size and I'm only feeding around 1.1 ec however I don't know what nutes you are using but dial it back to half strength and good luck. Also, is that an auto? if not, that's a big ole pot for one so young.

yep its an auto, i feed coco a&b at 5.8 ph roughly its about 0.25ml / L

stevebe

Did you wash that coco?

What are you applying?

the coco came pre buffered, its cocos premium. i haven't buffered with Ca or Mg, as the coco a & b contain both.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
the coco came pre buffered, its cocos premium. i haven't buffered with Ca or Mg, as the coco a & b contain both.

Guy, I have been testing coco for years, right out of the bag. It's all salty.

Suggest you drop the blind faith and use a bit of science.

Fixer

I've only been using coco for a little over a year but have tried four brands. One being California Substrates which a friend who runs a big commercial grow recommended. I've never washed any of it and I have yet to have a problem. Maybe I'm just lucky but it seems to work.

RED 1

Your soil looks dry
Autos need to establish their rooting system fast,looks like nutrient burn,caused by luck of H2O

stevebe

As it turned out, it seemed to be two issues. Firstly my PH pen had drifted about 0.5 pH and also my feed was too much, they are almost fully recovered now :)