What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gavita 1700e users??

sshz

Yes, 3rd grow. Started chopping today, only got 3 of 24 plants done at day 57. Two more tomorrow, and maybe the rest by Thursday of next week. The Cookie pheno's are earlier than the Lemon Berry OG's pheno's.

alpo

Yes, 3rd grow. Started chopping today, only got 3 of 24 plants done at day 57. Two more tomorrow, and maybe the rest by Thursday of next week. The Cookie pheno's are earlier than the Lemon Berry OG's pheno's.

I know you yield more with the Gavita 1700e than 1kW HPS but do you notice any differences (good or bad) in the finished flowers -less dense or mature differently? or smaller bracts

sshz

I think the finished flowers are better overall, more crystals and odor. I started using UV-B the last 2 weeks also, which probably enhances both those too. The only negative I've actually seen is I have to veg an extra week, from 4 weeks to 5 weeks now. Regarding weight, I've added "Massive" (look it up) which I feel adds density to the buds. Either way, to not switch at this point is CRAZY. Spend the money, you'll be happy you did in a very short time.

sshz

EthosCookies.jpg

sshz

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	131.2 KB ID:	18069219
photo2110292.jpg
So I thought I’d come back to review my grows with The Gavita’s……… the pics are of my latest crop of Ethos Grandpa’s Cookies. This is my 7th grow under the Gavita’s and my final yields have been between 96 and 108 oz. I still love these LED’s, and my plan is to use them thru 12 grows and then purchase 2 new LED’s. The pic’s are current, day 25 in flowering.

Attachments

• attach18069223.jpg
    attach18069223.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 64

sshz

Led’s Are functioning great......... but over time, they become less efficient and the “color” produced changes a bit, becoming less effective. I think Gavita rates them for 30,000 hours, or is it 50,000- well, either way, I think 3 years is about the right time for replacements. They have no built in dimmer, which would be nice to have and as I’m producing over 6 lbs a crop, I can well afford to buy the latest and greatest.

Last edited:

sshz

Nope, I don’t move a thing. The first two rows are easily reached, the back row I have to push branches out of the way to reach the pots. But remember, it’s only a 4x4 space on each side, so it’s not like it’s impossible to get to. With the cookie Genetics, the branches grow strong and hardy. I normally have been defoliating the shit out of them when I switch to flowering, and that generally keeps them short and bushy. This time, for the first time, I lolipopped but didn’t defoliate, other than take off a few of the largest sun leaves. They grew taller than expected, at least the left side of the room. I should mention around the 3rd week in veg, I removed everything from the room, cleaned the plants up a bit and placed the tallest plants on the left side and the shorts on the right- there are 2 basic pheno’s, which made it nice and easy.

Last edited:

sshz

Every diode (over 3300 of them) is still working in both lights, these are really well made and have been trouble free. But led’s diminish in overall light over time, and with that their color alters a bit. I’ll put them up for sale for a few hundred, and be done with them. New equipment gives me piece of mind...........remember, Gavita does not push their diodes, that’s why there are so many of them- thus heat is limited and longer diode life can be expected.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Led’s Are functioning great......... but over time, they become less efficient and the “color” produced changes a bit, becoming less effective. I think Gavita rates them for 30,000 hours, or is it 50,000- well, either way, I think 3 years is about the right time for replacements. They have no built in dimmer, which would be nice to have and as I’m producing over 6 lbs a crop, I can well afford to buy the latest and greatest.

If you are gonna get a Mars light, hold out for the controller compatible driver. I have a tester that will be driving a 4800, via a controller.

sshz

I already own the controller for the Gavita…….just never hooked it up. I traded some seeds for it but after thinking about it all, it’s just easier to hand raise and lower the lights. Passed that, the dimming function, it didn’t offer much value.

sshz

It’s not the Gavita, so you know. My numerous threads on thcfarmer proved that. Most people don’t even believe yields like that are possible in such a small area. This is wholly about my experience growing, some 35 years or so now. I was a director of operations for a chain of garden stores and also ran the 2nd largest organic farm in the U.S. My point is while you guys struggle to have a healthy crop, I’m way passed that and can concentrate on maximizing yield. My GPW is 2.3, but I know people in the 2.5 range in larger operations. All my crops turn out great, as good as their genetics allows.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Under LED, 80-82 degrees and 55-60% humidity, but less towards the end of flowering.

Hi sshz,how do you do pest management 60% humidity and 27C its heaven for bugs and others in your grow room.

You use pesticides prevently or good bugs ???

You have to have really good skill for this density of crop at 28C and with humidity of 55%-60%......

I run on HPS at room temp 22C but leafs are on 26-7.

Like to put room temp down to lover humidty in groow room....

I have humidity in flower around 30% from 25%-45% in swings.....it make metabolism of plant to act like beast.....it eat all N and everything prior the harvest.

goingrey

I already own the controller for the Gavita…….just never hooked it up. I traded some seeds for it but after thinking about it all, it’s just easier to hand raise and lower the lights. Passed that, the dimming function, it didn’t offer much value.

You did preface it with "much" but if lower power consumption and extended light lifespan aren't value then I don't know what is. That's some straight "money in your pocket" value.

sshz

Bugs.........not a problem in the winter. In the summer I use those sticky yellow traps on each pot to catch any flying gnats. Mites used to be a problem but aren't anymore. I do spray with PureCrop1 on occasion, 100% fine in the room. Past that, buggers aren't an issue.