Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Medicinal Cannabis Forum > Cannabis for knee/lower back pain

Thread Title Search
Cannabis for knee/lower back pain Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-13-2015, 10:45 PM #1
Scroggy B

Scroggy B is a jewel in the roughScroggy B is a jewel in the roughScroggy B is a jewel in the roughScroggy B is a jewel in the roughScroggy B is a jewel in the roughScroggy B is a jewel in the roughScroggy B is a jewel in the roughScroggy B is a jewel in the rough
Cannabis for knee/lower back pain

Dear medicinal forum readers, what strain would you recommend for treating knee/lower back pain? Does such a specific strain even exist? I don't care if it's psychoactive, on the contrary, even better..
Scroggy B is offline Quote

Old 01-13-2015, 11:44 PM #2
MrBelvedere
IC Mag Supporter

MrBelvedere is just really niceMrBelvedere is just really niceMrBelvedere is just really niceMrBelvedere is just really niceMrBelvedere is just really niceMrBelvedere is just really niceMrBelvedere is just really niceMrBelvedere is just really niceMrBelvedere is just really nice
You should research strains bred to be high in CBD, and have more CBD than THC. https://cbdcrew.org/varieties/cbd-critical-mass/

Critical mass is one of the most popular such strains.

Also I think a lot of medical patients with physical problems prefer the medicine by eating it or through drops, not by smoking.
MrBelvedere is offline Quote

Old 01-14-2015, 08:09 AM #3
Scroggy B

Scroggy B is a jewel in the roughScroggy B is a jewel in the roughScroggy B is a jewel in the roughScroggy B is a jewel in the roughScroggy B is a jewel in the roughScroggy B is a jewel in the roughScroggy B is a jewel in the roughScroggy B is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBelvedere View Post
You should research strains bred to be high in CBD, and have more CBD than THC. https://cbdcrew.org/varieties/cbd-critical-mass/

Critical mass is one of the most popular such strains.

Also I think a lot of medical patients with physical problems prefer the medicine by eating it or through drops, not by smoking.
Thanks for the reply. I've researched strains.. I've also tried some local medical grade cannabis - that's almost pure cbd..
I implied that I want it to get me high too. Actually, this is pretty essential. I know it won't be the best high, but high is still high, right? Of course, if such an option doesn't exist, the mostly-cbd-strains will suffice.
I can and will make edibles, but sometimes the pain isn't so prolonged, as it lasts only after physical activities.. So smoking a relaxing, pain relieving joint seems like a good option.

Old 01-14-2015, 08:34 AM #4
rogerw

rogerw has a spectacular aura aboutrogerw has a spectacular aura aboutrogerw has a spectacular aura aboutrogerw has a spectacular aura about
I like the diesel , widow, or just about any high grade indica for sleep. any cross with sativa in it for day time
rogerw is offline Quote

Old 01-14-2015, 10:02 AM #5
Scroggy B

Thanks roger, I'll keep them in mind. I only grow indicas anyways.. I toke 'em in daytime as well, no problem with sleepiness..
I had a decent Cheese grow, but it didn't really help. It numbed me mentally, but did not eliminate the pain.. Maybe it's because of early harvest.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-14-2015, 06:57 PM #6
waveguide

waveguide is a name known to allwaveguide is a name known to allwaveguide is a name known to allwaveguide is a name known to allwaveguide is a name known to allwaveguide is a name known to allwaveguide is a name known to allwaveguide is a name known to allwaveguide is a name known to allwaveguide is a name known to allwaveguide is a name known to all
one guy liked a harlequin-tsunami cross. there have got to be people who have been breeding for generations for pain, i'd figure the terpenes would influence the effect as well as CBD.

"I think the prevailing attitudes.. ..that community is completely harmless and beneficial is wishful thinking at best, ignorant and delusional in many cases, and are the "snake oil" of the charlatan in the worst cases."

where there is certainty, consideration is absent
koala tea seeds
waveguide is offline Quote

Old 01-15-2015, 09:58 AM #7
Scroggy B

Thanks for the help wave.. Guess I'll hit them search engines.

Old 01-18-2015, 05:31 AM #8
5cooby Doo

5cooby Doo is on a distinguished road
I've never came across specifically high cbd strains. However I find heavy indica's to work great with my pain for the most part (there are a couple which sometimes may make it worse).

The OG Kush's, Afghani, Hindu, Bubba, Trainwreck, Blueberry, all seem to work really well.
5cooby Doo is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-18-2015, 10:27 PM #9
Scroggy B

Thanks scooby.. Cheese didn't help at all. Got me blasted good, though.
Probably gonna try LA Confidential.

Old 01-18-2015, 10:35 PM #10
Cannavore

Cannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivor
Loompa Farms Moondawg F2 is great medicinal bud. Eased up my neck and back discomfort. Also check out Bodhi Seeds Sunshine Daydream, it comes recommended for pain and more specifically nerve pain from the breeder's own description.
Cannavore is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.