What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Brain Cancer

troutman

Seed Whore
:comfort:

Go see a doctor ASAP. It could be a lot of stress causing it and not necessarily cancer.

Maybe all you need is something like migraine medication. :tiphat:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As with other posters, definitely go for a diagnosis....then deal with it accordingly. A lot of worry and anxiety can be avoided by knowing what you are up against. Once you know there's a battery of possibilities in which cannabis can be of help.

I wish you comfort and well being.

mr.brunch

Veteran
My mom died because of a brain tumor, the doctor told us it can be heredity, so there is a chance that it will pass to me. I am afraid now because of the symptoms, i started to have headaches every morning and it worsens every day. My friend told me that certain drugs can help prevent or control them. I am afraid to go to a doctor, so i looked for an alternative solution and i came across this https://blimburnseeds.com/sour-diesel one kind of marijuana that can be used as a medicine. I am not sure if this thing works, does anybody tried it before? I need some help here...

Terribly sorry for your loss , but please don’t consume yourself with worry... as the posters above have said, see a medical professional straight away... a blood test and a scan might reveal no problems.
I totally understand the fear of seeing a doctor, and making it ‘real’ so to speak but if these things are caught early, there are usually things that can be done.
All the best, and I hope you are well. :tiphat:

gladysvjubb

Veteran
The Drs. caught my prostate cancer early. I elected to have it removed. My last blood test showed no signs of cancer. Get to it!!!!!! Have it taken care of. It is worth it.

buenavides1

You should have it check, I really hope that it is not cancer. Self-medication is not a good idea when talking about such sickness.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
I'm so sorry for the loss of your mom, my condolences go out to you and your family. I'm particularly fearful of medical visits and procedures... I totally understand the feeling of how having the possible knowledge of a health condition can be terrifying. As everyone else is saying, just get in to the docs.

There is such a wide range of minor things that could be causing it and having it checked out most likely will alleviate the anxiety you are having. The hardest part for me is making an appointment, after that a lot of the stress is off my back.

When I was around 10 years old I was having severe migraines for over a month. When they would come on the vision in my left eye would also get blurry. I went to the doctor and they were concerned that it could be brain cancer. An MRI and CAT scan verified that it wasn't that. It was a huge relief but they still didn't know what was wrong. Shortly after the severe headaches and blurred vision stopped. Never have had a problem with that since.

Point being, get in and checked out and you most likely will feel better just knowing that you are being taken care of. I wish you only the best with your health.

wantaknow

ruger 500
Veteran
A high the strain is best like Bruce banner, the a 1:1 cod , thx strain would also cover bases, I have a lot of spots on both lungs, so I am back to smoking again, prolly shouldn’t have quit, to be honest with myself,but any who, then find one you like a lot , like say bubblegum, or ak47, for the enjoyment side of it, there are strains I don’t like,so be on the search, do you live in a med state?

marlicin

See the doctor first. That's the wisest thing to do. Whether it's cancer or not, you'll know it and act on it whether you choose medical or alternative methods.

Freakazoid44

My mom died because of a brain tumor, the doctor told us it can be heredity, so there is a chance that it will pass to me. I am afraid now because of the symptoms, i started to have headaches every morning and it worsens every day. My friend told me that certain drugs can help prevent or control them. I am afraid to go to a doctor, so i looked for an alternative solution and i came across this https://blimburnseeds.com/sour-diesel one kind of marijuana that can be used as a medicine. I am not sure if this thing works, does anybody tried it before? I need some help here...

Hopefully your symptoms are not caused by potential cancer, but, rather, anxiety and what they call "psycho-somatic" causes, where you convince yourself that it's going to happen and your body follows suit. Kind of like the placebo effect, but in reverse. Seeing a doctor and dealing with what you might have, or finding out that it's probably caused by you worrying about it is the way to go, as others have said.

A couple things to consider -

(A) Talking about the "heredity" of cancer - she can't pass cancer down to you. You'd be inheriting through genetics a predisposition, vulnerability or weakness against cancer. Kind of like if there's a lot of obesity in the family gene pool, one probably inherits a predisposition, and can live an active, healthy lifestyle and not ever get there.

(B) If your headaches WERE caused by cancer, using MJ as medicine and not seeking medical help would be a bad way to go. If I have a splitting headache caused by a brain tumor, and I take five aspirin and that helps, it's helping with the pain/symptom, and not the cause. Using MJ as "medicine" helps to alleviate symptoms and side effects, but would not be helping with the underlying cause. Indeed, you'd even run something of a risk of avoiding needed treatment if you just mask the symptoms.

Not saying not to medicate for the headaches, but if you're worried about potential cancer, that's outside the wheelhouse of self-medicating with MJ.

Best of luck, and sorry about your mom. My mom is going through chemo for lymphoma right now

Cuddles

Hi, first off get a brain scan to check if there´s any sign of a tumour.

You symptoms can have other reasons as well. For example just stress or even migraines, tense blood vessels etc.
Once you know you don´t have a tumour (hopefully) you can take it from there.

shithawk420

Veteran
I'm not telling anyone what's right or wrong but my friend who had brain cancer that passed last Halloween day smoked pot and took CBD oil.she said it helped her alot.i believe it.she was adamant about not going on chemo.she lived 5 years after being diagnosed I think.just sharing what I know.i think the cannabis helped her more than anything