What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

do these look like blueberry?

Y

yamaha_1fan

I have seen some pics of some blueberry's and I do not think mine look like BB's at all.

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There are many different types of blueberry....

Looks like you have to use the process of elimination...

redeye057

THE REAL WAY TO GET THE ANSWER IS TO ASK YOURSELF WHAT DOES IT SMELL LIKE BECAUSE AROMA WILL TELL U EVERYTHING MY FRIEND..JAH BLESS..

G

Well Blueberry is an Afghani - Thai hybrid to begin with and multiple phenos have shown up. I can't see much except the HPS glare. Is there any chance of getting a pic without that lamp on it? Whose Blueberry did you buy and where did you buy it?

Last edited:

XyZ

Trichomnia
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The plants in the first pic there are not blueberry (at least not the original from Dj)...they look to me more like a cross

Last edited:

skar

blueberry week 4:

15442DSC02209-med.JPG

15442DSC02214-med.JPG

15442blueberry_trichomes_begining-med.JPG

:joint:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
yamaha_1fan - you in the UK?

That looks exactly like the 'Blueberry' cut that goes around these parts, though I'm convinced it's not really. Or if it is, it's the early Sagamartha cut from, like '99 or something.

Friends of mine are growing it - very sticky, grows quite sprawly rather than straight up, and has very long, dark green, almost Thai-length leaves? That was the main puzzler to me - the leaves look nothing like Blueberry - not even close. Do you have any more pics showing the leaves?

But the smell is very sickly-sweet Blueberry-like. The high is very sedative - not really a high at all. It's strong, but too narcotic for my tastes, though I have a bud for bedtimes...:)

THC•20

Speaking of Blueberry I was wondering if anyone ever grew DP Blueberry and got a totally green plant? Because it's day 57 and mine is only a bit purple but it is indeed turning purple. I was wondering when did you guys plants start turning colors or how many have grown some that didn't turn colors at all?

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Some only turn purple on the light-side of the bud, like a suntan-reaction - my 'green' Flo is always purple on the top of the buds but green in 'the shade'. Notice the tiny bud-leaf in the last pic - half-purple from where it was peeking out into the direct light...

THC•20

Elevator Man said:
Some only turn purple on the light-side of the bud, like a suntan-reaction - my 'green' Flo is always purple on the top of the buds but green in 'the shade'. Notice the tiny bud-leaf in the last pic - half-purple from where it was peeking out into the direct light...

Yeah, that's how mine is.

Y

yamaha_1fan

I took them down and meant to take more pics under different light. My plants had NO blue or purple on them. Every leaf was as green as can be.

They also didnt smell like blueberry or fruity

I think when I get a few bucks I am going to order some new strains from seedbay. These came from BC Bud Depot and I am not sure if all the strains I ordered are legit.

THC•20

yamaha_1fan said:
I took them down and meant to take more pics under different light. My plants had NO blue or purple on them. Every leaf was as green as can be.

They also didnt smell like blueberry or fruity

I'm gonna take a pic of mine on harvest day. But they are really turning purple and bulking up. Leaves are still green but bud is going purple. Tomorrows week 9. I love how dense and tight those things look. I just stare at em lol. Gonna let em go one more week and see if it does the color better :p.

birdbrain

my DPBB

my DPBB

THC•20 said:
Speaking of Blueberry I was wondering if anyone ever grew DP Blueberry and got a totally green plant? Because it's day 57 and mine is only a bit purple but it is indeed turning purple. I was wondering when did you guys plants start turning colors or how many have grown some that didn't turn colors at all?

Out of my 10 pack I started 8 beans and none turned purple.
Every pheno tasted different, but one really stood out as having an authentic blueberry smell.
I have since started the last 2 beans, 1 of them has a nice purple stalk, I am hoping I will get a nice purple pheno like I have seen on some of these threads.

Great strain though, great bag appeal and lots of crystals.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts