What's new

Ripe BlueBerry?

All the strainguides I read said BB takes 6-8 weeks of flowering. It has been under 12/12 for 59 days now except for a storm when the power went out for five days in mid DEc. The girls only have an abundance of white puffy crystals. I do have a jewelers loupe that I look through. The only amber coloured crystals look like they got hit or damaged from something. I know that it's been flowering in there more than eight weeks.

Maybe it's my lights? One 175 watt MH and one 175 HPS under the same hood. Both sides aren't ripe yet though. I know it is BB because it was seeds from a very reliable source.

A few questions:
1.Should I change my light schedule to something odd like 10 on 14 off?
2.Does any one know if the seed companies judge ripeness by hairs or crystals or maybe do hydro instead of soil?
3.How long have your BB's taken to ripen when you grew some?

This pick is from exactly 8 weeks flowering

edit- I guess the pic got resized in my gallery? It should be 3072x2304 pixels. If it didn't get shrunk you'd have seen what I'm saying. :confused:

Last edited:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
That looks pretty close to done, though I usually harvest before I get too many amber trichs - I'm not keen on couchlock weed. I haven't grown Blueberry yet, but I have grown Flo, and that can go longer than planned. I'm sure I've read of a couple of Blueberries that have gone to ten weeks, but I don't think yours will. Taking the lights down to 10/14 might help, definitely, if you want it over and done with.

G

throw that in the dark vfor 48 hours then cut, itll be primo then..

This shot is more zoomed in I think. NOtice theres not really any red/brown mushrooms? Just white. Can a bunch of these change overnight?

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Again, looks almost like my perfect pick time. Don't worry too much about amber trichs - as long as most are cloudy, you'll get the perfect balanced high.

I

indicalover

I read a quote from one of the guys from trichome technologies saying that weed is at max potency when 30-40 percent of the trichomes are milky not amber. Your buds are done.

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow..... :yoinks: My Blueberry never looked like that. What breeder did you get that from?

G

Dont wait on the trichs to turn amber thats a myth IMO, the weed in the dam doesn't have amber trichs. Weed with amber trichs looses it bang flavor and takes on a more silky red past prime flavor, if you harvest it with red trichs it won't have a berry flavor, I cant really explain the taste but its not good, just harvest her when all hairs are red or about 90%, the rest will turn red when you hand it up to dry.

Awesome plant man can you get some pics of the entire plant, I'll vote you for pic of the month if you do.

Peace

G

Like indicalover said the pot looses potency also when you wait for amber trichs.

NOKUY

Veteran
camelstraights said:

edit- I guess the pic got resized in my gallery? It should be 3072x2304 pixels. If it didn't get shrunk you'd have seen what I'm saying. :confused:

here it is full size like you wanted. looks just right to me BTW!

nice job man!

-yukon

TORC

Amber trichs means that they are degrading. Full cloudy is peak potency and time to chop her down. peace

Just a quick update.
Been flushing them with only filtered water. They still have mostly cloudy trichomes on the tops at 66 days! Seriously. Only a couple out of hundreds are turning light brown. Maybe 5% at the most.

A question; can the plant still make clear crystals even if some are degrading to a light brown/reddish colour?

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
camelstraights said:
A question; can the plant still make clear crystals even if some are degrading to a light brown/reddish colour?

Sure can. Certain strains can keep putting out pistils and trichs right to the end. Congrats camelstraights, that's a beautiful bb, bet she's tasty and wonderful whether you pull her now or in another week. Win-win decision IMO!:yes:

Latest posts

Latest posts