What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dropshipping cannabis seeds business with worldwide shipping

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Old thread..

The last several pages are irrelevant because the posters didn't read the OP.

Drop shipping is not the issue here. Relabeling seeds is what I took issue with. That and laziness, which isn't a crime just my opinion.

The OP was going to sell relabeled seeds with his brand. Taking say ditch passion seeds, having someone else relabeling them whatever his brand is, and someone else shipping them to the customer. In affect doing nothing but discrediting the seeds and lining his pockets. And do we really think those strains will retain their original names, doubt it.

If you were to start a company that resells ditch passion and drop ships ditch passion seeds in original packaging, that is totally normal.

It's the rebranding that set me off.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I would be happy to find an American reseller of Ace gear, that takes credit / debit cards. Got one in Canada, just need to use a Mastercard.

lowridersa

Damn these posts are insane and vulgar. Yes too many middlemen, too many people trying to make a buck but unless they add some value in product or service they wont survive in a capitalist driven system. The replies here are atleast childish, the member was asking a genuine question, that today hundreds of people are doing, dropshipping, private label, white label etc. Its a simple business practice followed in all countries across the world. Take for instance a swaziland market stall holder, you think they got the time to grow a variety of vegetables and sell them to consumers! Nope.

Truth is cannabis needs people like this, it will be stock standard industry like most. I guess none of you guys have run your own businesses!! Flame me, lets go.

6 pages later, https://tiger-one.eu might be of use to the original poster.

Cuddles

Whats wrong is you want something for nothing, you want to get paid from this without doing any actual work yourself, that is what is wrong with alot of people these days...
the dropshipping business model just means that people do all the marketing and collecting orders on behalf of the companies that provide the actual products.

But I really don´t think that this model will catch on in the weed-seed business. It´s just too risky for everyone involved imo

Wild Seed

Can you name at least one seedbank/distributor/online shop or website which had innovation, a disruptive user experience or a decent marketing campaign? They are all the same. You don't need to reinvent the wheel to be a market player.

Unless you've lots of capital and connections already, if you want to be successful as a late entry in an already saturated market, innovation helps a lot. And you are in the right place to get feedback on what customers like and dislike about the common current models.

Does your site have better internal search systems?
Do you offer strains that are hard to acquire elsewhere?
Basically why should anyone buy from you?

Drop shipping is OK, but swish adverts and a blog are not enough anymore.

There are LOTS of seedbanks already, I don’t know how many fail every year. In truth, I skip past all the flashy adverts of generic hype names and go straight to the breeder, collector, or network, because they sell authentic beans and often for a lower price, while offering better support and plenty of free seeds and rewards too.

Rebranding breeders work feels dishonest and impersonal, so will make serious buyers who know the market more sceptical. Others will avoid if the strain name, description or photos are the same as those of the original breeder, or if the breeders name is not available, plus you’re in a poor position to answer questions about genetics, effects, etc. And if you're targeting the cheap end of the market, how will you undercut the established players without a reputation?

If you select strains/suppliers wisely and market them right, there could be an opportunity.

lowridersa

Personally I think there is a huge gap in the market. With the advancement of cultivars and innovations, top seedbanks should be putting better descriptions of cannabinoids available. Further to that the naming convention of sativa, indica, ruderalis is being debated and not cast in stone, so I think we will see it moving in the direction of compounds found in the plants/seeds. But agreed, you will need lots of money to make some changes. :thank you:

Last edited:

Sampas92

Just newbin
How many guys breed just for fun and dont make any money of those seeds?
How many of those crosses would be interesting or good?
It would be nice to have a place where everybody would have a chamce of putting their crosses in the world and make some money of it, its a win win situation.
Growers with old strains could put those strains circulaging again.
Relabeling no, but a dropship for everyone?for the people?for the big guy and small guy?
I dont know how that is bad with a good structure and rules, you are just connecting people
My 2 cents

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Unless you've lots of capital and connections already, if you want to be successful as a late entry in an already saturated market, innovation helps a lot. And you are in the right place to get feedback on what customers like and dislike about the common current models.

Does your site have better internal search systems?
Do you offer strains that are hard to acquire elsewhere?
Basically why should anyone buy from you?

Drop shipping is OK, but swish adverts and a blog are not enough anymore.

There are LOTS of seedbanks already, I don’t know how many fail every year. In truth, I skip past all the flashy adverts of generic hype names and go straight to the breeder, collector, or network, because they sell authentic beans and often for a lower price, while offering better support and plenty of free seeds and rewards too.

Rebranding breeders work feels dishonest and impersonal, so will make serious buyers who know the market more sceptical. Others will avoid if the strain name, description or photos are the same as those of the original breeder, or if the breeders name is not available, plus you’re in a poor position to answer questions about genetics, effects, etc. And if you're targeting the cheap end of the market, how will you undercut the established players without a reputation?

If you select strains/suppliers wisely and market them right, there could be an opportunity.
It's called riding on someone's coat tails which ever way you slice it. The "serious" seeds are not being sold in that fashion and, the serious breeders do not need the frigging Internet to sell there seeds!

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Personally I think there is a huge gap in the market. With the advancement of cultivars and innovations, top seedbanks should be putting better descriptions of cannabinoids available. Further to that the naming convention of sativa, indica, ruderalis is being debated and not cast in stone, so I think we will see it moving in the direction of compounds found in the plants/seeds. But agreed, you will need lots of money to make some changes. :thank you:
... not just that... I don't give a rats petuty how much THC is in X or Y. I wanna know what is X or Y. What makes it tick vice the bouquet, bag appeal, what are the frigging ingredients, because Vitamin B is not all created equal!

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
How many guys breed just for fun and dont make any money of those seeds?
How many of those crosses would be interesting or good?
It would be nice to have a place where everybody would have a chamce of putting their crosses in the world and make some money of it, its a win win situation.
Growers with old strains could put those strains circulaging again.
Relabeling no, but a dropship for everyone?for the people?for the big guy and small guy?
I dont know how that is bad with a good structure and rules, you are just connecting people
My 2 cents
A global drop ship, is covered with many hardships (a lot of delta countries to deal with, with varying regulations to circumvent. IMHO, the BM is not a business model to follow where this industry wants to/needs to go!