What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Distinguished and Nurtured Kind

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Sorry to read the news d.f, I hope you can put it behind you and remember the good times you had and have a happy Holiday my friend. This bong is for you!

nickman

Veteran
That’s too bad buddy...!!!...

Fuck females...!!!... lol just kidding

I’m not getting into it all but I’d rather be alone...!!!...

Your gonna be great Frank, get to your garden brother...!!!...

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
I don't want to sound like a sappy optimist, but Frank...
She's out there. Don't fully throw yourself out there, but don't shut down and withdraw either.
SHE IS OUT THERE.

DunHav`nFun

Hope you make it thru the holidays with a positive outlook for the next yr Bro......Not to be crass , but be proud you found out in 4 months.....I got rid of a nuthin ass insane `ol lady in the mid -80`s that ruined my opinion of the female persuasion , but I got a baby boy outta the fiasco that I devoted my life to while cropping my ass off , making a legacy where he won`t haveta want for much after I`m gone , and I was good with that while never even attempting to bring a female into the equation for 25 yrs....

Had a security breach in `09 and hadta shutdown everything.....Shut my small const co down and after Labor Day , moved down to my beach house to reflect and try ta get my shit together between the ears....about a month in I was walkin my bulldawg and watchin him chase seagulls and sandpipers , and a lil rat dog puppy ran up to my dawg and I thought he was gonna eat it in 1 chomp.....

Much to my amazement he licked her and the force of his big ass tongue rolled it over , and the girl that had been screaming bloody murder and freakin the fuck out cuz her lil baby got away and attacked the mean `ol bulldawg finally got there and I was holding it and she kissed me on the cheek and thanked me for savin her "baby" the lil fart.....long story short.....

We been together ever since and that lil shit dog runs the house and my dawg allows it , so there you go.....Frank......just has already been said......1 door shuts and another 1 opens.....guaranteed.....just don`t look for it , and it`ll hit yas right tween the eyes when you least expect it and need it the most.....believe that.....IF that`s what you need.....Follow your path brother and stay strong …..Life is short.....God is great , Beer is good , and people are crazy.....Good country song ta listen to.....

Peace....DHF.....:ying: …….

Last edited:

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
oh ya she lies!!! Chasing deficiencies, says one thing but an antagonism of another. Microbial games.... ya she plays games too!

well best of luck going forward...

When we control her environment the only one playing games is us

thailer

i don't see anything wrong with being a lone wolf. there's a fresh new year about to start! i've been single since 2014 due to getting a bad taste in my mouth over significant others. i admit i am starting to get a little lonely, but the last few years, i've learned to be ok with being alone and it's really been one of the best things i've made myself do, instead of getting right back on the saddle. i say take some time for yourself and set a new goal for the year. something you wanted to do but never thought you could. Merry Christmas DF and I hope you have a happy new year!

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OFF TRACK UPDATE

OFF TRACK UPDATE

One of the reasons I have cats.

Yep. My cat...who doesn't really like anyone, except for me, periodically, was/is oddly fond of her.

I'm not sure I'd go as far to say it's the same thing as a having a dog and if a dog simply doesn't like a person, it is a impossible red flag to overlook - but - I'll say the cat is in tune with a given vibe.

that's why i stick to gettin high and riding bikes...although i do note that girls are taking over mountain biking here too!

I've never had an experience in which the two ever crossed paths. Weed and women have never been a mutual existence. I've never been the dude to use cannabis to bed women. I think that demeans the plant. I'd rather teach a woman to grow than I would charm her with flowers.

However, I had always said from previous experiences, if I ever dated again, she had to be into the plant. Easier said than done. Their are a LOT of women (people) who are casual smokers which will use you if they discover you are origin. Dangerous game to play. See Rule #1. (TELL NO ONE.)

She was the first person I've ever involved myself that is genuinely interested in canna - and the scene itself at large. Ignorant to it, compared to us, but that's 99%.

PS. A couple more harvests, and I'll be hitting you up in a PM asking your opinion on how to best outfit an old trek frame I have. I used to own a Litespeed - but that was a different time and I was never a rider deserving of the hardware. All the same. :tiphat:

ahh shit man, sorry to hear man..

*keep reading

You have 10 days to get yourself setup for an amazing 2020. You have big plans and this is just something that is pushing you in the direction of those plans.

We are on track. I agree. 2020 brings big things..

I don't like the idea or not having the ability to do both.

[quote=KP Sunshine;8741175]I've been down your road frank. I did 10 years without someone in my life that meant something. Always believe that person that is meant for you is coming your way. The law of attraction is very real and works. Don't put too much thought how you'll meet her but just believe she's coming into your life. One door closes and another will open.[/quote]

You understand then. I might just be my own worst enemy at this point - after having been alone for so long. Appreciate the sage advice.

4 months is really nothing in the bigger picture, we all still hear waiting for the show to go on!

4 months - shiiiiiiiiit - long enough to have found a keeper and made a clone. :laughing:

The show will go on.

Many of us male greenthumbs have sacrificed relationships due to trust issues. None of us want to lose our gardens and go to jail over some companionship. I went a long long time without having that special someone. Finally around 6 years ago I found her. We were both conspiracy nuts (still are) and our minds matched up really well. I am lucky and very thankful for her. Maybe you too will get lucky and find your mate. Until then, you have some of the most wicked genetics. Dive on in and let's get serious about that holy grail line. Hang in there buddy, You are a smart cookie. Smart cookies deal with issues and turn them into positives. Grow on my friend!

This is something I should address:

Yes. I took a security risk in letting this woman know a bit of my truth. However, I'm smart enough to never cross any sort of conceivable line that could warrant a need for or a foster a feeling of revenge. My garden is not at risk. I will not be tearing anything down. These genes need to see the light and I did nothing, nor will I ever do anything, that will prevent that from being a possibility.

My passion was made clear. She accepted that. In part, what made things potentially amicable.

We'll talk more.

have a happy Holiday my friend. This bong is for you!

Thanks, brother! Happy Holidaze! Veggie season is coming!!!!

I’m not getting into it all but I’d rather be alone...!!!...

Your gonna be great Frank, get to your garden brother...!!!...

I've been alone. I said earlier in this thread, taking this journey tapped into something I'd rather not have given credence to but now that I have. For many years, I wasn't ready to have someone in my life for various reasons. This experience has made me realize I am ready. I was ready years ago.

If not her, someone.

I'm not in a bad place. Heads or tails, I'm not going to let this break me down. I've got too much to do. I know who the F.U.C.K. I am. That's not lost.

Don't fully throw yourself out there, but don't shut down and withdraw either.
SHE IS OUT THERE.

Maybe.

...so there you go.....Frank......just has already been said......1 door shuts and another 1 opens.....guaranteed.....just don`t look for it , and it`ll hit yas right tween the eyes when you least expect it and need it the most.....believe that.....IF that`s what you need.....Follow your path brother be strong …..Life is short.....Beer is good , and people are crazy.....Good country song ta listen to.....

Peace....DHF.....
ying.gif
…….

She was that right between the eyes. I wasn't looking. I'd like to say I don't "need" it, at the same time, I've been a better person the last few months as a result. I'm not bitter - and my regrets are limited to the garden and my own inability to focus passion on multiple projects. I have zero regrets in regards to the relationship experience at this point.

I've often said a puppy rental service would be the best way to match make on a beach boardwalk!!! Best wishes to you both!

oh ya she lies!!! Chasing deficiencies, says one thing but an antagonism of another. Microbial games.... ya she plays games too!

She merely gives response to stimuli, technically. OUR minds trick us into thinking we have the right approach. She never lies. She only mirrors data based on the inputs. :biggrin:

When we control her environment the only one playing games is us

Are you suggesting only outdoor is natural expression? Bah. Indoor, controlled environment, with a metric for measuring response based upon set point input criteria, is the only way to ensure we don't actually alter phenotype...which however, phenotype, by default is always altered. Even a different weather pattern from year to year...I'd say we get more accurate gene response in terms of chasing traits in controlled environments.

You know I respect your take on many things, F.A.M. Just throwing my opinion out there. Not attacking or being argumentative.

In other news I have been working with sub irrigated planters for the last 6 months and the results have been eye opening. I think peeps may find the info interesting. So I will be posting a thread early in the new year!!

Under current I suppose is what you are talking about? If not, I'm looking forward to what you have been discovering. I'll be keeping an eye out for the thread.

-------------

12wk Cobalt Haze lined with 9wk Cobalt Haze dry sift hash blunt break.

-------------

About two hours later...

------------

Well, I started this post two days ago and it has just sat on the screen. I never hit send.

Something, something, something, hash blunts.

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i don't see anything wrong with being a lone wolf. there's a fresh new year about to start! i've been single since 2014 due to getting a bad taste in my mouth over significant others. i admit i am starting to get a little lonely, but the last few years, i've learned to be ok with being alone and it's really been one of the best things i've made myself do, instead of getting right back on the saddle. i say take some time for yourself and set a new goal for the year. something you wanted to do but never thought you could. Merry Christmas DF and I hope you have a happy new year!

Great advice, and I agree with it 100% - except - I've served that tour already. Already have that merit badge. Loneliness for me, isn't generally all consuming - in moments it's tough, but for the most part over the years, I've really grown as an individual and learned the fiber of my own being.

It goes without saying, and I'm realizing this, there are ways in which I've been immensely stagnant as a person as well - such as relational abilities - because it's not something I've really dealt with or addressed for a decade, I'm discovering some things I don't necessarily like about my being, that I would have never been made aware of without some form of outside intrusive intimacy.

Happy Holidaze, thailer. Wise words and I think we've followed a similar quiet babbling brook for many years.

@Heady Blunts - Merry Christmas, F.A.M. Thanks for being you.

-------------------

See...what had happened was...

Friday, plans were made then changed abruptly at the very last moment without any considerations. I didn't much care for the presentation/approach of how it was handled. One of the only things I value in this world is my time and how I spend it. Don't waste my time. That was the issue. It's a big one for me. She was given an ultimatum about how things were going. It wasn't a big, loud, dramatic event. It was just a line in the sand - "you don't get to treat me this way...no one does".

We had both, independently, in our own minds decided Saturday was going to be the last evening we'd spend together. Both of us had the intention to go our separate ways, unbeknownst to the other. We've talked a ton since then. I've only been completely and totally emotionally numb, to the point it's a literal sensation, a couple times in my life - we've talked a lot over the last couple days.

Things took an unexpected turn and now we aren't just two people enjoying each others company when opportunity allows - we are actually a couple. An "official" item - which really in some ways feels juvenile and unnecessary...but at the same time, it's nice to know the time spent, now holds the same meaning and direction for each of us. I think that was always the case - but it's good to be on the same page.

This woman really is special. I see a future with her or I'd never have even mentioned she existed within these pages. She one of the only people I've ever met, who takes the time to ponder what I've said, and comes back to me after the fact to say, you know what - I think you're wrong about this. She's been fully right twice now on such occasions and I see how including her in my life will make me a better human being. A rare quality.

We smoked ourselves stupid last night, ripping hash blunts, bong loads, packing the bowl at leisure, lounging about with the glow of the fire place and chaotic dance of Christmas tree lights chasing each other.

2020 looks to be more grand and far greater than I had anticipated. Can't wait for what this next year brings!!!

Much love to all of you, who have taken time out of your schedules and holidaze, to send me some words of encouragement and support. You all are F.U.C.K.I.N.G. amazing. I truly love this community of people. Sooner or later, I'm going to go back through this thread and see whose been here for me during these different struggles. I'll have to pay it forward the only way a Stank Bro knows how.. :joint: :respect:

dank.Frank

Last edited:

Lapides

Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler
Veteran
I'm real glad things took a better turn for you and your special lady! Merry Christmas to you!

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Lap. Me too, F.A.M. Me too. Hope you had a great Christmas. :respect:

----------------

Now.

We have enough rooted cuts at this point to move forward with the grow. I'm not going to transplant directly into the soil beds yet. I'm going to use "3.5" deep pots" (3.5" square, 5" deep - 1.8 pints of soil or roughly 3 cups of media.) to transfer the clones. Allow them to veg roughly one week in those and then transplant into the soil bed and flip immediately.

The reason being?

I haven't amended the soil in the bed yet and I want to let it sit a couple days before planting in it. Sigh. But we are getting there!!!

The last tray of 40 clones with the CloneX and Rapid Rooters is at day 9 and I haven't even bothered them or checked for roots. I suppose it is possible they could be rooting.

Updates pending. I might even start taking pictures again soon. Gassssp!!! :joint:

dank.Frank

Last edited:

nickman

Veteran
Sounds like things turned out better for you than you were expecting...!!!...
:comfort:...

I’m happy for you brother...!!!...

I’m glad the clones are ready to rock and roll... I’m looking forward to seeing them in that bed of yours... I can’t wait to see some action over here ...!!!...

Pic’s would be nice too, lol ... :tiphat:...

Happy Holidays bro. . .

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
I got a lot of catching up to do, Looks like your keeping busy. Cheers to 2020 being all you expect it to be. Happy Holidays!

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
right on brother im happy for ya .Merry Christmas FAM!

Thanks, brother. It's been a bit intense in ways I wasn't anticipating, but I feel like I'm ready to tackle what's next.

Happy Holidaze, F.A.M. - You finding any kill in that TrueCanna gear?

Sounds like things turned out better for you than you were expecting...!!!... I’m happy for you brother...!!!...

I’m glad the clones are ready to rock and roll... I’m looking forward to seeing them in that bed of yours... I can’t wait to see some action over here ...!!!...
Pic’s would be nice too, lol ...
tiphat.gif

Happy Holidays bro. . .

Full steam ahead. Thanks for all the good vibes. Words of encouragement - about a topic that is technically bordering on taking ignorant security risks - was not really what I was expecting when sharing such with this crowd. However, I trust this crowd more than any other. You're good people, Nickman. :respect:

Happy Holidaze, brother.

Nice!
Enjoy man, you deserve it .... wishing you all the best for the new year
tiphat.gif

Thanks, man. The new year will be better when I flip some Sis/PK - which is basically a Chem/OG - which I know you are enjoying plenty of. You really should drop me a PM and share some thoughts on the lights, if you have the time.

I'm super stoked for you DF. Maybe someday we can meet up with the ol lady's and have an IPA and a dab. Happy New Year!
Smart cookies deal with issues and turn them into positives. Grow on my friend!

Certainly, was able to turn this into a positive - in part by listening and being willing to admit when wrong - but oddly enough, also in part for knowing what to stand up for.

Honestly, she's ride or die. She doesn't realize this yet. Yes, maybe - but only in a different context. She has the heart and soul though. She's a canna vixen...and that, SHE KNOWS.

ROAD TRIIIIIIP!!!!! You have better beer in your state anyway.:huggg:

I got a lot of catching up to do, Looks like your keeping busy. Cheers to 2020 being all you expect it to be. Happy Holidays!

Look what the wind blew in!!! Great to see you Blaze. By all means, don't be a stranger. Hit me with a PM and get into some details. Hope life has been kind to you, brother!!! Much love, my friend. :tiphat:

What. A. Christmas.

Time to crush it in the garden and get this next round covered in diamonds.

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@genetic freaked - Thanks, brother. I catch myself grinning like a moron when I reflect.

About them clones and that bed, though...LOL! :joint:

I have a rooted cut to back up every mother from the first tray. Nothing will be lost, but everything will not be run this round. It'll take me a bit to get the clone numbers right to work things into the rotation.

The line up:

Mochiesel #9 - 4 plants. Very stoked to have numbers of this one. She's the super sour leaning pheno that I expect to have sour calyxes, sour terps on micro cookie nug syndrome type flower, that will just be dripping resin. She was marked as one to watch early on.

London Loud #4 - 4 plants. This is a more cheese leaning plant but still very middle of the road. A 50/50 type pheno, with a slight cheese lean. 60/40?

London Loud #9 - 3 plants. This is a sour type expression as well. Super zig-zag stems. I expect this plant to simply reek in flower.

London Loud #2 - 5 plants. The best rooting of all the cuts in this tray. A 50/50 pheno as well. I don't have many notes on this one either. She's in the line up though and she's worth paying attention to because she managed to root while most of the rest of the tray did not root.

------------------

So let's discuss some stats on that try of clones.

Total taken - 35.
Total rooted - 24.
Mothers kept - 6.
Weak Roots - 2 discarded.
Days passed - 38 DAYS!!! (11/20 - 12/28)

That leaves exactly 16 clones for this round of flower. Lucky. :joint:

I really wasn't stalling. It's these clones that are stalling!!!

The second tray of cuts was taken on 12/17.

On that same note, I see roots on at least 2 cuts of London Loud #8 in the CloneX/Rapid Rooter tray. Loud #8 is the LOUDEST, so I'm glad she roots easily. Several of the Chem Sis/PK cuts are very firm in their plugs, and show no slippage, which means they are rooted, but not fully yet. A very good thing. She's good smoke. We may not be too far behind getting the next light going.

11 days on this tray for first roots. However, cuts are yellowing much harder. I see hints of mold on a few leaves and stems - those were removed - the humidity dome is still on but I opened the vents.

Next cycle of cuts, is going to be back in my own sterilized cloning media, but with the new CloneX rooting gel. I'm convinced it is heat + old rooting hormone. I see the same issues with the root plug style of cloning that I saw in the past and it reminds me why I got away from being purchase dependent for that process in the garden - but - I have roots in 11 days - so really shouldn't be complaining.

Now I just need 16/40 - and a few extra to make mothers with would be excellent. If not, I know how to re-veg with the best of them.

dank.Frank

Last edited: