What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can I use CBD Oil for Arthritis pain?

Riyad Brown

CBD oils have been used by thousands of people for treating different kinds of pain significantly. Especially when it comes to arthritis pain, CBD oil can work nicely. According to a study on the European Journal of Pain, the CBD oil can help to reduce arthritis pain. The researcher applied the oil on some rats diagnosed with arthritis for four days. They noticed a significant drop in the inflammation and other signs of pain.

As the CBD oil can reduce inflammation, it can also help to reduce other sorts of pain.
CBD can also reduce chronic pain. The Journal of Experimental Medicine performed research on this and they find that the CBD oil can significantly lower inflammation for chronic pains.

The most interesting thing is, according to the researchers, the subject doesn’t develop a tolerance level for medicine. That means the dose doesn’t require increasing in longer use. Some of the studies also claim that CBD oil can Multiple sclerosis (MS) too.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
YES. For me isolate works and tastes better than broad spectrum. THC never helped me, but CBD does. This is on old joint injuries that are now arthritic. Recent injuries in joints, not so much for me anyways.

Seems to help my old dawg a bunch too.

Edit: I take both broad spectrum and isolate. I give the old dwg both also, The full spectrum is probably a better choice because I already get the other compounds.

Last edited:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
CBD isolate has the advantage of being the purest and most potent form of CBD. It often contains upwards of 90% cannabidiol. There is no risk of psychoactive effects, and minimal risk of flagging a false positive on a drug test. Furthermore, CBD isolate is both tasteless and odorless. This is perfect for those wanting to cook with CBD, as it can be added to recipes without altering the flavor at all. The only real drawback to CBD isolates is that they don’t create the entourage effect.

As for full-spectrum CBD, the glaring advantage is the entourage effect. If you are looking for powerful, efficient CBD, then this is the way to go. Furthermore, it is often considered closer to the original plant, and is therefore the most authentically natural. It undergoes less processing when compared to isolates and 100% cannabidiol.

I find full/whole spectrum far better in my own chronic pain inflammation issues. And growing high CBD hemp and making capsules with MCT oil is the way to go!!

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
As cannabis ramps up in American ag...

As cannabis ramps up in American ag...

...There may be short term downsides for consumers. I watched a farmer convert a bunch of acres from rowcrops (a very very old commercial farm) to hemp, which is supposed to be good at sucking pollutants and such from the soils. This farm has been growing cotton and grains so long you can bet there are a huge amount of bad in the soil.

I wonder how many years until all that crap is no longer in the plants?

Edit. Talking with another farmer (the rowcrop kind) he said the hemp guy has not been paid for his crop yet. IMO, if he does he is lucky. My guess is he consigned it to a processor on a percentage basis. The SE auction held in Nashville was a bust.

Last edited:

Galaxy420

Or....take a fish oil or plant based (flax, primrose oil) to help with bio availability. Too, fish oil capsules do help with arthritis/inflammation issues as well!

the cannabis , omega three connect - https://themodern.farm/studies/Omega-3 Deficiancy Abolish Endocannabinoid Function.pdf
also -
Anti-inflammatory ω-3 endocannabinoid epoxides

https://www.pnas.org/content/114/30/E6034

Importance of HUFAS/PUFAS for brains https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Importance+of+HUFAS/PUFAS+for+brain&t=ffcm&atb=v165-1&ia=web

more cannabimimetics - https://www.sativaisticated.com/wp-...search-for-the-Endocannabinoid-System-ECS.pdf

and Last - Beta caryophyllene is a dietary cannabinoid https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Beta+caryophyllene+is+a+dietary+cannabinoid&t=ffcm&atb=v165-1&ia=web

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Galaxy420, does that mean I need to take omega-3 fish oil to keep from getting a crusty tolerance level?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How Are Omega-3s Connected to the Endocannabinoid System?

As mentioned above, endocannabinoids are lipids made from the cells’ omega-3 and omega-6 content. Once cells build up a sufficient inventory of these fatty acids, endocannabinoids are created rapidly and as-needed in response to brain activity and stimuli (like stress and exercise).

Omega-3s are directly involved in the synthesis of endocannabinoids, and also react with existing endocannabinoids to create omega-3-derived endocannabinoid epoxides (which have powerful anti-inflammatory properties). Due to the important role that omega-3s have in the cell membrane, researchers believe that omega-3s also serve as crucial anchors for endocannabinoid cell membrane receptors .

To put it simply, omega-3s and endocannabinoids are totally dependent on each other in a healthy brain and body. This connection can also help explain why the noted anxiety and pain relieving effects from taking CBD oil are similar to the results achieved from receiving adequate omega-3 supplementation over time.

What Happens When You Don’t Get Enough Omega-3s?
Omega-3 deficiency is widespread in today’s world, impacting some 95% of adults in the United States . As researchers have demonstrated, this deficiency has serious consequences for the healthy functioning of our endocannabinoid systems.

Omega-3-deficient diets don’t just limit the creation of beneficial endocannabinoids and the omega-3-derived endocannabinoid epoxides. Studies have also shown that omega-3-deficiency creates dysfunctional endocannabinoid receptors, uncoupling them from the protein and altering signaling pathways in the brain .

Health Consequences of Omega-3 Deficiency
Consequences of dysfunctional endocannabinoid receptors (due to omega-3 deficiency) include increased anxiety and impaired behavior, according to one mice study from the University of Bordeaux . In addition, studies also show that omega-3 deficiency plays a role in increasing the development of obesity through the dysregulation of the endocannabinoid system .

Chronic deficiency of omega-3s in our diet may partly explain society’s enormous craving for CBD products. What’s more, it may also help to explain the widely-diverse experiences that CBD users have. After all, if one person’s endocannabinoid receptors are dysfunctional, throwing lots of cannabinoids at them won’t necessarily produce the results users are hoping to achieve.

So, it helps the body absorb the CBD far more than taking alone. When I used to buy capsules (full spectrum) before making my own CBD capsules, it was recommended.

Rico Swazi

Omega-3 and lecithin are in egg yolks

The food I give to my chickens gets supplemented with flax seed to raise the O-3 levels. Or you could eat the flax.

I mentioned carrier oils earlier and I do believe they add greatly to the absorption /penetration deep into the tissues where it can do the most good.

I've mixed pure hemp CBD oil from flower tested at 14.5 % with equal portions of tiger balm into the smaller container and it works but not as well as the entourage effect of the whole plant extract in the larger tin mixed at the same ratio.

Latest posts

Latest posts