What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What the fuck is Youtube doing?

St. Phatty

2017, Internet censorship came on like a Whole New Tidal Wave.

2018, it's like 2017 on steroids.

I don't know what the Youtube beef was with those particular cannabis websites, though.

But I do know - if Censorship was food, Youtube/ Google etc are hogging all the barbecue at the buffet.

Badfishy1

2017, Internet censorship came on like a Whole New Tidal Wave.

2018, it's like 2017 on steroids.

I don't know what the Youtube beef was with those particular cannabis websites, though.

But I do know - if Censorship was food, Youtube/ Google etc are hogging all the barbecue at the buffet.

Would venture to say big Pharma has a huge say in what goes on with YouTube. Following the money would be one way to verify, but big pharma is scared shitless over losing generation(s) Rx

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Damn them. How dare someone censor their own site.

I am going to post a bunch of racist pictures here because I know a wonderful cannabis site like this one would never sensor something I like just because they don't like it.

I'll be right back, I have to find some slave abuse pictures.........

Oh, and when I get back and post them, do you think they will get deleted? Is it Youtube who will be deleting something just because they don't want it there? Or, is it going to be a mod right here at home who will delete it?

Everyone deletes what they don't like in their own home. I believe it's their right to do exactly that. If not, and it's my decision, it will be really cool when I tell Gypsy that he can't delete my jigaboo pictures on his own site.

Wow, I love this world.

Be right back.

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Damn them. How dare someone censor their own site.

I am going to post a bunch of racist pictures here because I know a wonderful cannabis site like this one would never sensor something I like just because they don't like it.

I'll be right back, I have to find some slave abuse pictures.........

Oh, and when I get back and post them, do you think they will get deleted? Is it Youtube who will be deleting something just because they don't want it there? Or, is it going to be a mod right here at home who will delete it?

Everyone deletes what they don't like in their own home. I believe it's their right to do exactly that. If not, and it's my decision, it will be really cool when I tell Gypsy that he can't delete my jigaboo pictures on his own site.

Wow, I love this world.

Be right back.

You have a point, but the racist name was unnecessary to prove it. Weird

OP

Green Squall

Marijuana Content seems to be their priority right now, but its not the only subject they are censoring. People from Gun and alternative spirituality channels are also reporting getting strikes and warnings for NO reason lately.

They also tried censoring some Conservative Channels and the backlash was pretty harsh, so they backed off....for now.

If Youtube is going to do this, they should at least give us an explanation. Not doing so is sketchy and shutting down long running Channels that have never violated the terms of agreement is BULLSHIT.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

They'll find their user volume way WAY down very shortly, whatever their reason for this housecleaning I believe it's backfiring on them already.......

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
What the hell is news here?

I remember cannabis users hiding like they were risking time...

People who host channels about taboo topics know what they are getting into.

St. Phatty

Youtube blowing their knee off with a 12 gauge

and calling it "Progress".

Maybe they're planning on running for office ? /sarc

Badfishy1

YouTube is jacked... if anyone is confused as to how fucked this truly is, look up ‘Elsagate’. Those videos stay up and cannabis videos are taken down...

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cost me not much at all to recreate my own personal youtube, saving all the really cool music vids that they always seem to take down for copyright. Copyright this y/t :biggrin:

Minimal hosting will save a thousand+ video's.

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
The reason is obvious.
The title of a current thread:
"Trump actively trying to legalize cannabis"

"Well" says the liberals, "If Trump likes it we hate it, get those unamerican traitors off the internet"

And the purge plays on.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I am going out on a limb here and I am predicting that Google is going to sell YouTube to someone. And, the new owner wants this stuff gone before he takes over.. Maybe he's religious. Maybe he has a whole other agenda.

Either way, I spent a fair amount of time on Wall Street before I went to Washington and this whole thing smells a lot like an ownership change.

If I'm right, do I win a bozo hat? LOL