What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1000 Plant Commercial Grow

Think Green

OK, so plans are underway to open a facility big enough to successfully veg 500 & bloom 500 plants. My problem is I'm not sure how to scale up to that size of a grow. I need to figure how to bloom & veg 500 plants on a 100 day cycle making 3 harvest per yr. Resources are almost unlimited. Anyone out there have an inclination? I need a starting point.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Start with target plant size at end of flowering both with heighth and width of the plant. From there you will know ballpark figures for container size and soil volume. Settle on soil mix with any other amendment goodies you'll need to tack on and multiply that time 500 x container size. How much neeting will you need to support plant size x. How large facility will you need for footprint of 500 plants of X size?

If nothing else I'm subbed. :yes:

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
^^^^^ What WDI said, what size of plants are you looking to grow? Anywhere from SOG with 7-14 days veg after rooted cuts to trees with 8-12wks veg. If it was me I'd go SOG but it comes down to what kind of space and return that you're looking. I'd run perpeptual, harvest every 2 weeks as it will spread out the work flow and you won't go through your moms as quick etc.

rykus

I pre veg in 2 gallon containers... I usually get away with 1 vegative light per 10 flower lights...

Basically the idea is to design your vegative and bloom spaces for a constant feed, to lower time and workload all at once....ie. One ten light veg room feeding ten ten light flower rooms.

I find maximum productivity vs cost by vegging ten to fifteen days in the two gallons then another ten to fifteen in days in the final fifteen gallon pots.

Using this model my bloom rooms cut every 80 days or so.... So ten rooms would cut one every 8 days... ... You would need to be running 5 a light with your projected numbers and my model room, lol, but I'd use 7-10 gallons for that plant per light count and to get your 2lbs/per you'd need just under 7 ounces average per plant...

All math, don't skimp on veg, but I'd look at turn around times as the most serious issue... Then just plug in the numbers...

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^^^^ What WDI said, what size of plants are you looking to grow? Anywhere from SOG with 7-14 days veg after rooted cuts to trees with 8-12wks veg. If it was me I'd go SOG but it comes down to what kind of space and return that you're looking. I'd run perpeptual, harvest every 2 weeks as it will spread out the work flow and you won't go through your moms as quick etc.

Pro tips their brah.....:tiphat:

Think Green

ok, so I was thinking 100k watt bloom. 2 rooms, 50 1k lamps. based 3 harvest a yr on a 30day veg & 60ish day bloom. if I could conservatively pull 10 oz per plant @ 500 in bloom ....that's ideal. that's just bloom rooms. need cloning area, harvesting, drying veg/clone room. probably a concentrates lab...

S

sourpuss

I think 250 veg is more appropriate. 30 day cycle for veg so means 2 veg cycles per flower cycle. Making 500 every 2 months.....

My bad that's only if your veg is 30 days...

Think Green

so if im blooming 250 plants in 2 50k watt rooms i need to have a supply ready to fill both rooms every 60 days. thats where i get hung up lol....math. If i have a huge veg room and veg 500 plants to feed both 50k rooms at 250 plants per room and only veg for 30 days then im left with a 30 day gap until the next bloom cycle is ready. So do i veg 60 days? because then the plants are huge going into bloom.... then how would the veg cycle vs bloom cycle work? im lost in the math......mind boggled....*puff*

U

usually

64 per light. 3-5day veg. 7-8kw bloom. 2-3kw veg. Is what i would run.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
First I hope you succeed, second, you have a lot of reading to do.

Check out a member here called Billy Boat. He rocks 65 lights solo. His thread would help you.

You won't need 500 veg plants. Keep the mothers in a hyrafarm type system and keep them big and you will be able to get all the clones you need off of a few dozen trees. I would def go MH, you need big plants in veg and the light penetration will be important. T5 are good for the rooting clones. MH for the mothers.

As far as SOG goes, CAREFULLY chose your strain(s). A single cola plant is a must and you want to pack them one plant per square foot. Consider using coco on a drip to waste setup. That way you can keep the containers to a gallon or a gallon and a half. Coco can be reused after being rinsed out. Soil and hydro with cubes or rockwool will create a ton of work washing stone or a ton of waste in rockwool.

Good luck man seriously! Hope you pull it off. Pm me with any questions anytime, happy to help.

Think Green

i guess its hard for me to come up with an exact cycle for veg to bloom ratio but i guess that will come. just need to come up with general idea of whats needed. lol...investor meeting sat nite