What's new

Educate me, what's the difference?

tokinblackguy

Would someone please clue me to the difference between shatter and say just some hash? I'm familiar with ice water hash, ISO, BHO, dry kief but I keep seeing mention of shatter and wanted to know exactly what it is. Also, while we're at it, hip a brother to dabbing. Is it just a term or some new method?:thank you:

staank

yeah I need a primer on all this crap too. from what I've heard its a lot of work to get way to high and non-functional.
I guess I'm missing the point.

Shatter is just a different state of bho.....like water and ice. Some people go through alot to get there...i just use awaome sugar trim run once and purge for an hour never above 170 i get yellow shatter everytime

Sirdabsalot46n2

Veteran
The term Shatter in regard to our specific capacity is a reference to the consistency of the final product produced in the BHO procedure.

All BHO /ISO methods are considered to be Hash Oil (Oleoresin or Concrete), because the trichome is dissolved, rather than collected via.dry sift, ice water extractions..Hashish, bubble hash ,or as the younger generation calls it, ice wax.

I've put these sets of photos up on another website, as there was a similar thread started.

Ready, set...

Shatter*BHO*

IMAG2017_zps0617f470.jpg

Wax *BHO*

IMAG2000_zpsb8143408.jpg

Flake *QWiso*
IMAG1985_zps3388627b.jpg

Sap/pull and Snap*BHO*
IMAG1979_zpsacb81b74.jpg

Shatter*QWiso*
IMAG1806_zps61a72c85.jpg

Hope this helps, I'll post up a couple more pics on the next post.

Sirdabsalot46n2

Veteran
Pressed Hashish (pressed with hot water in a wine bottle, Frenchy style) *Ice water extract* Bubble Hash..
(almost full melt)
IMAG0953_zps965d6f1b.jpg

More Pressed Hashish by hand

IMAG0937_zps9d626908.jpg

Honeycomb Wax*BHO*
IMAG0631_zps14f46a48.jpg

And one of my faves..
Ice Wax *Ice water Extract*
Full melt
IMAG1306_zps525e993b.jpg

Peace ICMAG..
Happy tokin..

Sirdabsalot46n2

Veteran
Thank you GW :)

I should add that all of the monikers given above can vary depending on, local, and the popularity of said product on your region.

For example, I know a few folks in the Midwest USA call any firm of oil ” Earwax”
Many folks here in Colorado that are concentrate naive refer to all forms as ” wax”
A lot of fellow posters from the California area call it ” Honey (oil)”

Myself, I usually use the term ” Hash Oil” as a general reference.
Happy tokin
SDA

Sirdabsalot46n2

Veteran
Thanks a million Sirdabsalot46n2, excellent explanation in easy to understand layman's terms. Much appreciated.
Hello Tokin!!
No problem my friend, thank you for the kind words.

Feel free to ask whatever you may think of, my intentions in joining cannabis forums was ;
Create bonds with other growers/oil makers and cannabis activists across the globe.
I believe that we all benefit from threads like this..

Learn and pass the info on...just like a joint. Hehe
Happy tokin
SDA

DJXX

Veteran
great pics ther SIRDABS...that shatter looks jus like broken glass...nice..dj

Elements001

Enhance
Veteran
To touch on the term "dabbing" it's just basically a way of vaporizing the hash oil/bubble hash. It's usually done by heating up a "nail" (looks like a golf tee, sometimes. many variations) with a torch/electric nail, and then placing the concentrate on the nail (the "dab"). It then vaporizes instantly and you pull it through a bong either made for concentrate, or with an adapter on a regular bong for the nail.

Some bubble hash I made melting on a titanium nail. Cheap setup, but it does the trick. I LOVE dabbing full melt bubble hash man. Great stuff. :biggrin:
picture.php

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great pics, awesome explanation, Sirdabsalot46n2!!

Esp. like the one rolled "pressed hashish"....but I'm so old school...hard to change my ways.

Sirdabsalot46n2

Veteran
Thank You
To all for the very kind words!!

Here is the rest of the pics in sequence of the above hand-pressed.

IMAG0932_zpsc7f9a146.jpg

IMAG0935_zpsfe7b62ba.jpg

IMAG0939_zps8f24ab5a.jpg

IMAG0950_zps16e210c6.jpg

And I actually store/cure like this......

IMAG0973_zpsf838bbf4.jpg

You crack it open in 12 months ....

As Frenchy would say.
Ooolala!

Latest posts

Latest posts