What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

So how am I doing?

Pseudonym

These are unknown strain but possibly White Widow, unverifiable unfortunately. I switched to 12/12 on 2-26. They sprouted on 1-12. This is my first attempt ever to grow. I have 2 plants in Miracle Grow Enriched Potting Mix from seed. I have been feeding a 1/4 teaspoon of Miracle Grow 15-30-15/gal water every watering since I started flowering. Any tips, suggestions, comments welcome.:cool: Woops, they are under a 250w HPS light.

957IMG_4433copy-med.jpg

957IMG_4436copy-med.jpg

Last edited:

Telepod

I can tell you one thing for sure...

I can tell you one thing for sure...

to get your very first plant fully into flowering alive, let alone green and healthy as yours seems to be, is more of an accomplishment than a lot of newbies can boast! :D I can't really offer a critique without a full plant pic, but your leaves look healthy, internode lengths seems nice and short (which should mean denser buds in the end) and all in all I'd say you are doing great...

suggestions? I suggest leaving the Miracle Grow behind you for your next grow. I started out using MG also, but after my first successful harvest I celebrated by moving up to Pure Blend liquid organic food. It's really not that expensive; a $15 bottle will last through multiple grows, especially for the small-scale gardener.

I also treated myself to a larger HPS, super-cheap thanks to my exhaustive searching on eBay. I'll tell you a little secret about looking for lights on eBay: search the entire description of auctions for a start, and then look for the subtle search terms that the masses will overlook. For example, don't use the term "grow light" because every growin' fool in cyberspace will see it also and bid up te price. Search for words like "Sodium" or "security light." also search within the lighting category on eBay for the word "outdoor" and try searching the whole site for mis-spellings like "soidum" or "HSP" <-- actually that might get you a bunch of modems... The other tip is in refining your search results; for example a search for "high pressure" will get you lots of car headlights... so a search for: "high pressure" -headlights will remove all the results also containing the term headlights, making your job of sifting through the rest a little easier.
You can string together a whole list of terms to exclude, like "high pressure" -headlights -honda -racing to progressively winnow out all the bunk results from your search. With a little patience, you can be one of the two or three people ever to see a poorly-listed auction, and pick up a killer deal. This is how I ended up with a 430w P-L light and reflector for $40 and a 1KW HPS (with extra bulbs no less!) for about $65... :)

good luck, happy growing!

-Telepod

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Miracle grow is very hard to flush out of the medium. It won't taste too good in the end. Organics work well ;)

Nice photos of the future buds tho :p

cc

Hey Pseudonym-

Good job. I must add a warning, "Canibus cultivation can be addictive"!

I did the MG thing on my first grow also. It's OK, but certainly not the best. BOG has a post on his soil mix, simple, cheap and it works.

GudBud

Looking great for a first grow, well done..

MG. is ok ( in moderation) during veg, but as crazy comp. said, is hard to flush if used during flower, try and find a fert. designed for blooming.
If you pm. me i can give you a few links to online stores where you can buy this, ( If you are in the uk).

i noticed you grew for 6 weeks before flowering, at what height were they? you dont get much light penetration with a 250watt. so its best to keep the plants relatavley short, finishing around 2.5 ft.... but hey, your on your way to sampling your own MJ.

Caint tell the stain, a few more pics taking further away would be a help...

Gud Luck GudBud...

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
Very nice

Very nice

You're doing very well with miracle grow. I've heard it can be problematic. I noticed a little nute burn on one of mine before it was transplanted into a hydro setup. Awesome job Pseudo.

GreatLakes THC

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts