What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TMV Looking to sterilize room and not cross contaminate please help

Raw710

Hi fellow growers I was wondering if any of you have any ideas of what to do to prevent cross contamination between rooms while growing in one room that has TMV while i clean the other room and pop new beans. They are separate buildings and they are about 1000 sq ft each. I was thinking i could wear a suit in there every time i go in there and wash my hands before and after. I am worried that the virus will stick on the suit and even if i am careful taking the suit off it will still get on my clothes somehow? If you could give me any insight i would really appreciate it.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
I dont think its a real thing.. until someone shows me a lab test proving a plant they have has "TMV" im gonna say its another grow bro science myth. Ive also never heard of it spreading between plants.

It could still be the after effects of a virus on the plants genetics but whether its TMV that actually causes it i dont know if anyone knows.

A

acridlab

it may be a different streak virus that just latched on.. ppl can call me crazy,, but I've seen a room with chem / diesel genetics flare up with something that looked like mosaic or streak. and it was because ppl were smoking tobacco everywhere and had blunt guts everywhere and blunt wraps , etc.it was a fucking disaster lol. as soon as they went tobacco free. and kept things clean.. the virus went away.... true story.. what it was for sure, i dunno.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Everything I've read in the past says these symptoms will go away when ya get those ladies the Calcium they desire.

Raw710

I dont think its a real thing.. until someone shows me a lab test proving a plant they have has "TMV" im gonna say its another grow bro science myth. Ive also never heard of it spreading between plants.

It could still be the after effects of a virus on the plants genetics but whether its TMV that actually causes it i dont know if anyone knows.

Absolutely you may be a 100% correct about TMV. But I do believe there is a virus of some sort that my plants do have because of the leave hooking and a few spots of mottling. But anyways I am planning on getting rid of some strains I have had for quite a long time now 5+ years. So it is a little depressing and would like to take all the prevention I can on the next wave and what I can do to prevent cross contamination.

Raw710

Everything I've read in the past says these symptoms will go away when ya get those ladies the Calcium they desire.

Its very possible for certain strains and I wish I had that luck! But in my case I have ran everything the same for 3 years now nutrients coco and pots. 2 months ago I got some clones to and about a week later I started to notice symptoms. Now don't let me confuse you guys but the plants do grow pretty good but not to their max potential. I believe that the virus strains enough on the plant to grow and not die but grow smaller buds. The tops I get now are not even as big as what my lowers used to be a year ago.

Raw710

it may be a different streak virus that just latched on.. ppl can call me crazy,, but I've seen a room with chem / diesel genetics flare up with something that looked like mosaic or streak. and it was because ppl were smoking tobacco everywhere and had blunt guts everywhere and blunt wraps , etc.it was a fucking disaster lol. as soon as they went tobacco free. and kept things clean.. the virus went away.... true story.. what it was for sure, i dunno.

I believe it when plants are stressed out they do some weird things. They do say that chem genetics are common with variegation. But im glad for your sake that it went away and don't have to deal with an awful virus.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Look in this direction first. Check your calcium level and make sure you're hitting the pH range where calcium is most available. In 15+ years online I have never seen a positive test for TMV from cannabis.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics

Lol that is so dumb i think i list some IQ points.. youre being sarcastic right? and just really dry with it!? Youre not crazy by any means but still that's some serious stoner science..

Most people imo outside murica mix tobacco and weed and they dont get variegation from it.. also the concept that the virus is in the end result tobacco or transmitted by smoking is really retarded..

Raw710

Look in this direction first. Check your calcium level and make sure you're hitting the pH range where calcium is most available. In 15+ years online I have never seen a positive test for TMV from cannabis.

Yea I believe it I used some test stripes for it and it came back negative but they will do that the only true way of finding out is the test with an electron scope. But besides the point maybe I dont have it but i do think I have a virus of some sort

Cannavore

Veteran
Absolutely you may be a 100% correct about TMV. But I do believe there is a virus of some sort that my plants do have because of the leave hooking and a few spots of mottling. But anyways I am planning on getting rid of some strains I have had for quite a long time now 5+ years. So it is a little depressing and would like to take all the prevention I can on the next wave and what I can do to prevent cross contamination.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=241742

superjet

no hemp russet mites? had a run in with them a few months back and didn't know what the hell?! everybody should have a microscope.

Raw710

no hemp russet mites? had a run in with them a few months back and didn't know what the hell?! everybody should have a microscope.

I actually did have russet mites a while ago and I believe I have gotten rid of them. I have not seen any in months and I dont have the symptoms that I had with them such as browning of the buds on the lowers. Believe me they were a nightmare and I still check the buds. For me when I had them they were on the lowers that pretty much looked like the buds were burnt and potency wasnt there. My buds are just small the potency is there but the size is no where near it was before.

superjet

yeah, I think you're still suffering the after effects of the russet mites. I don't know if it is because of the way I eradicated those little fuckers or that they (the russet mites) made the plants sick. each generation of new clones keep getting better and better, not really a quality issue so much as a yield issue. for example I was pulling 43-45 zips each run of six glue plants about five to six foot tall prior to getting the mites. the last two runs were 35 and then 32 for the same cuts under the same exact conditions before I realized what was up. I didn't really notice anything but yield, I must be losing it! but anyways the plants are definitely getting better/looking with each new generation. when i'm back to 43-45 a run then i'll know I'm back on point or the plants have totally recovered.

Raw710

yeah, I think you're still suffering the after effects of the russet mites. I don't know if it is because of the way I eradicated those little fuckers or that they (the russet mites) made the plants sick. each generation of new clones keep getting better and better, not really a quality issue so much as a yield issue. for example I was pulling 43-45 zips each run of six glue plants about five to six foot tall prior to getting the mites. the last two runs were 35 and then 32 for the same cuts under the same exact conditions before I realized what was up. I didn't really notice anything but yield, I must be losing it! but anyways the plants are definitely getting better/looking with each new generation. when i'm back to 43-45 a run then i'll know I'm back on point or the plants have totally recovered.

yea and I wonder if with the sickness of the plants if the mites somehow mutate the genetics of the plant and that they never fully come back around?

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I had russets on a couple clones I got. I caught it quick and got rid of them before they spread. But those plants never got “normal” again. One of them actually started dudding and that did spread. I had to throw away some plants including a few mother plants. Ended up losing a handful of strains. Started thinking that the poison those fukrs inject make the plant really susceptible to virus and disease. :dunno:

Raw710

I had russets on a couple clones I got. I caught it quick and got rid of them before they spread. But those plants never got “normal” again. One of them actually started dudding and that did spread. I had to throw away some plants including a few mother plants. Ended up losing a handful of strains. Started thinking that the poison those fukrs inject make the plant really susceptible to virus and disease. :dunno:

I kind of feel the same way that it degrades the immunity of the plant but I cant find anywhere where it proves its or says it.

beta

Veteran
I have never once seen evidence that TMV can infect cannabis.

The first rule of treating any pest or pathogen is positively identifying the cause, and there is no way you could have identified TMV as the cause of your problem without a lab test. I'd be willing to bet everything I own that you don't have one.

Raw710

I have never once seen evidence that TMV can infect cannabis.

The first rule of treating any pest or pathogen is positively identifying the cause, and there is no way you could have identified TMV as the cause of your problem without a lab test. I'd be willing to bet everything I own that you don't have one.

Yes im beginning to think you are right. I did the agdia test and it tested negative but those tests really make me skeptical. I heard the only way to tell is with an electron microscope. I hope its just mites, it will be a million times easier to clean and make sure they don't get back into my grows.

Latest posts

Latest posts