What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Man caught with u-haul full of fresh harvested plants!

https://www.kesq.com/news/crime/flo...ck-market-marijuana-in-u-haul-truck/803103394

Click the link to see the uhaul packed full..

UNINCORPORATED RIVERSIDE COUNTY, Calif- - Florida man arrested after California Highway Patrol officer discovers U-Haul truck with approximately 850 pounds of black market marijuana.

According to a news release by CHP, on Sunday at around 3:40 p.m., officer Mike Bell spotted the truck traveling north on Kirby Road near the intersection of State Road-371 in an unincorporated area of Riverside County. Bell noticed the truck was missing a front license plate and conducted an enforcement stop.

ADVERTISING

The news release revealed that during the stop, Bell noticed a very strong odor of fresh marijuana as he was walking up to the truck. When questioned about the smell, the driver, later identified as Justin Martel, 31, of Miami, Florida, allegedly told Bell that the back of the U-Haul was completely full of fresh marijuana that he had just harvested.

photo
Martel said he planned on selling the marijuana to local stores for over $1,000 per pound. Martel did not have a permit to cultivate, transport or sell marijuana in California, according to CHP.

photo
CHP Officer Mike Bell next to the U-Haul truck full of marijuana
Although Proposition 64 legalized marijuana in California, transportation of the drug is highly regulated.

Martel was arrested and booked into the Larry D. Smith Correctional Facility in Banning for possession of marijuana with intent to sell, a misdemeanor in California. He was held on $5,000 bail and was released on Monday. He is due in court on November 28.

Download the KESQ & CBS Local 2 app on iTunes or Google Play for up-to-the-minute breaking news alerts & more

Carefull out there guys that still gotta do this. I did this for years without a hiccup but sometime it's just not your say.
PS make sure u got a front licesnse plate ..

At least its was only 5000 in bail. Gotta look at the positive positive. I know a person in Idaho that fit caught with 50 pounds in the trunk and do just under 10 years.

CrushnYuba

That's insane. He won't do time though. This year i am going to chop my plants and drive them to a different location in auhaul, back and forth

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That guy is sloppy hehe. Still, punishment for growing pot here in cali is quite light from reports I have read. Misdemeanor for having a house full of plants or several houses.

His attitude of not caring is typical out here now. I am cautious even with only having a small tent grow and will keep it that way.

radioman

I can only imagine the (nice) smell coming from the back of that U-Haul when the cop opened it...

I can only imagine the (nice) smell coming from the back of that U-Haul when the cop opened it...[/QUOTwiff]

Shit I use to do the same thing. Except I had a follow car. And every time we would stop at a light or sign he would tell me how it smelled like a grow room. Another time there was a bike cop that was about 3 cars back and a lane over. We just continued to drive with no issue. Probably just got lucky. I don't do that any more there's better ways. Hope people can read this and learn a lesson like I could have and this guy DID.

I started cutting in all up and putting it in those 5 gallon foods buckets with those special lids the ones made to preserve food for years. And not a wiff of it along with tones on of one gel. Worked like a charm..

Be careful people. It cost me thousands for the buckets and the new onagel I would get every drive but it was worth the money to spend to have a piece of mind.

Peace and common sense be with you all.

PS. Any word on Joesy wails. That glue #4 e helped me to obtain he is truly for this cause I believe. Any body know how hes doing.

MedResearcher

Veteran
Such a joke... no where near 800 pounds. Maybe 100.... maybe.

Weird times when we have stores full of product, and cops taking pictures next to the same product after seizing it.

Meanwhile the entire country has a heroin epidemic, and big pharma banked a few 100 billion causing it.

Mr^^

CrushnYuba

The nice thing about California is our laws. If you hire a lawyer, it's nearly impossible to be convicted of a cannabis cultivation or possession crime. The state can't dictate your medical needs. You go to court and you get a doctor to say that you needed that 1000 wet lbs for personal medical use because you have a gigantic juice machine that you make raw cannabis juice with. 100 wet lbs in every cannabis drink you consume and you have to have 4 a day. That was only a 2.5 day supply!
There are plenty of doctors that make their living as expert witnesses to get people out of cannabis crimes.
If you drive a uhaul in my area everyone assumes its full of living plants being transported.

dddaver

Veteran
Ripper? Damn Florida rednecks. Stupid, but honest. Told the cop right away what he had. And dry weight is about 80% less than what they weighed. The pigs won't ever say that though.

EsterEssence

Veteran
This is a few miles from my house, it is the only way out of the area. A uhaul with no front plate they must be looking for box trucks leaving the area. There is lots of cannabis being grown out here...

X

xavier7995

Didnt anyone ever watch pulp fiction? Mr wolf gives you the rules of the road. Dead body or drugs, do it the same way.

Klompen

Oh if only they'd subcontract me to "process" the evidence ;)

Seriously though, I feel bad for anyone busted for having this wonderful plant, but I also have to say this guy was being stunningly stupid.

Latest posts

Latest posts