What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Afropips Malawi and Bagseed

Night4wings20

I'll take it that the Special Malawi would be around the same time yes?

They sure look great even with the seeds, very big bracts with quite visible resin production. Smells like?

I learnt that from growing a whole bunch of vegetable bean varieties. As you said it's best to let the plant die so the seed harvest is large and not full of immature stock for next season.

Exactly, I don't do both at the same time, right now it's about the weed rather then the seed but hey if a male pops up and it's super good looking? I might change my plans haha.

troutman

Seed Whore
I imagine the Special Malawi won't be an 8 to 9 week plant. :laughing:

I hope you're ready to go all the way. I think it will be close to around 12 to 14 weeks.

You'll find out next year as you'll be going until then for sure seeing you just started flowering them. :woohoo:

Night4wings20

Bahahha good one :p

I vegged these 2 plants for 2+months I don't want to waste the time/effort no way. All the way baby! 12-14 weeks isn't too bad, I mean this is my first Sativa landrace ever but I think I'm doing pretty well so far...give it time haha.

I'm hoping for a new years harvest but it they will probably go into Jan halfway or so. I have other plants if that doesn't happen so that's just fine. I really want to let the Special Malawi go as far as they can so I can see the full development...even if it is only 2 plants out of hundreds of seeds lol

Night4wings20

Day 5 of flower.

picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:

Night4wings20

Found 2 males tonight in the bagseed tent, they're gone now. Some of the Malawi 1's pre-flowers are looking male, hope not since this plant smells intense when rubbing the stem. See what happens. Shattered about the Malawi 1, please please pleasssseee be a female. Veg a plant for 2+months and yeah to see what looks like male pre-flowers? Not good lol

Photos coming in a couple days or so

troutman

Seed Whore
Found 2 males tonight in the bagseed tent, they're gone now. Some of the Malawi 1's pre-flowers are looking male, hope not since this plant smells intense when rubbing the stem. See what happens. Shattered about the Malawi 1, please please pleasssseee be a female. Veg a plant for 2+months and yeah to see what looks like male pre-flowers? Not good lol

Photos coming in a couple days or so

Use that Malawi #1 as a breeder and/or clone it now if you want to save it for later.

Stinky males are good to have.

Night4wings20

Yeah I thought about it and I came to the same conclusion. Don't want any bagseed pollen but some Malawi wouldn't hurt :)

The stinky ones are the best imo, still early days so it could just be another leaf. A fair few pre-flowers have ended up being just a leaf so far on the Malawis. Hoping that is what I'm looking at

Night4wings20

Day 7 of flower

A little overview of the sexes that are showing themselves. 30 plants total, 17 females (pistols showing), 10 no shows (yet to show sex) and I think both the Malawi are males (not happy about this, 2 months of veg for fucking males!)

I don't know what I'll do with both the Malawis since they seem to be male, pretty shattered about it lol. Really hoped for 1 female at least...it was probably the Malawi 2 that I killed with over-watering.

Anyway couple photos!
picture.php
picture.php

Night4wings20

I had another look under the loupe at what I thought were male pre-flowers and they look like more leaves, idk what they are so I'll just leave them for now. These plants got me all messed up in what I think I know lol

Night4wings20

Day 9 of flower

5 Males have been culled tonight. Both the Malawi, 1 Angel Heart and 2 Bagseed plants. I've taken 5 clones each of the Malawi to keep the male genetics for later pollination.

Total plants now showing female parts is 25, 3 plants left to show what sex they are. I started with 34 plant grand total now I'm down to 28. Pretty good ratio of female-male, too bad the Malawis weren't in that higher percentage of sexes :(

I've got 5 more Special Malawi soaking now along with 2 Swazi Gold (gold pheno) and 3 Swazi Gold (lime pheno). Let's hope I get some females this time!

Bagseed tent (lights off)
picture.php

picture.php
Angels Breath
picture.php
Angels Breath/Heart
picture.php
Angels Heart
picture.php

Night4wings20

Since the Malawi were male I'm going to stop this thread. The bagseed isn't worth showing since they were the side show to the Malawis.

Thanks all!

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Since the Malawi were male I'm going to stop this thread. The bagseed isn't worth showing since they were the side show to the Malawis.

Thanks all!

Aye, i say you should finish the bag seed plants out then conclude the thread so at least we can see what you got there. I got 2 bag seed plants growing out now, mystery bud! :dance013:

Buddler

Veteran
NW I agree keep er going bagseed can be awesome as your plants are looking good can always sprout some more
M. And you got a good thread just takes time..:)B

Night4wings20

Thanks fellas.

I'll continue the thread but might take a week or so off from updating with photos.

3 more bagseed plants were killed tonight as they were hermies and I suspect 3 more will be going tomorrow since I'm pretty sure they are hermie too.

Have a good one :)

Night4wings20

Day 14 of flower.

1 more Bagseed down, 15 left. Well not many males but a fair few hermies has reduced the numbers in there, which is good because I was a little worried about mold later on.

5 left in the other tent. 2 Angels Heart and 3 Angels Breath which all seem very female but it's best to keep an eye on things with all these hermies and stuff.

Photos to come soon, going to wait for lights off :)

Buddler

Veteran
HI NFW Do you wait for preflowers with your seedlings or just straight to 12 12 ? and is the AB clones or from seed too ? they have a nice shape to them.. Stretch is on ..Thanks for the update.:tiphat: