What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sour Orange Diesel Fem Grow

starke

Always want to give coco hempy solo cups shot for seedlings. Will try next time. Once they hit the rez they explode yeah?

Yes, the seedlings act the same as the larger plants once the roots get to the rez. These girls are receiving only ph 6.0 water right now but I will begin a diluted nute solution shortly.

CaStoner

Hey Starke best of luck to ya, If you don't mind me tagging long. I've read your Led Tales nice comeback on the russet mites..I can't wait to get mine going. I'm going to use LED's next time during flowering, bought a used Spectrum King 400 Plus. I tried to get 2 but I bought last one with offer..$225+Shipping cost..

starke

Hey Starke best of luck to ya, If you don't mind me tagging long. I've read your Led Tales nice comeback on the russet mites..I can't wait to get mine going. I'm going to use LED's next time during flowering, bought a used Spectrum King 400 Plus. I tried to get 2 but I bought last one with offer..$225+Shipping cost..

Welcome aboard.

starke

Weekly Update Veg

Weekly Update Veg

These ladies continue to grow like crazy and the passage of a week has seen the onset of real leaves. Plant #8 stood still for several days before just now beginning to show some new growth. I almost culled her but decided to give her a chance. Sometimes it is the slow ones that suprise you. Always time for that later if necessary. Anyway, here are two pics, one lights on and one lights off. I'll try and post some individual pics in the morning.

picture.php

picture.php

Peace,
starke

starke

Weekly Update Veg

Weekly Update Veg

So here are the girls at the end of week two of veg. They continue to grow like crazy and seem to be liking the Jack's at about 1.0ec. Number Eight is still the runt but is growing so she will survive for another week anyway. By the end of another week the girls will be on the verge of needing up-potted. Going to put them in one gallons next. Next update in a week.

Peace,
starke

Last Week:

picture.php

Today:

picture.php

starke

Missed the update last week due to life getting in the way but here are the girls as of today, day 28 of veg. I transplanted them to one gallon Hempy's this morning and will top half of them in a couple of days. So far they all appear fairly similar in appearance and even the runt, #8, has almost caught up with the rest. None of them have evidenced much in the way of branching yet, so it will be interesting to see how the topped ones do in that regard. I purchased a 4 foot high bay LED shop light from Amazon and have moved the girls under it instead of my 16 bulb homemade fixture. It is 325W actual and 42,000 lumens compared to my 24,000 lumen homemade fixture. It's 5500K so should be good for veg. Here are a couple pics. Next update in a week.

Two weeks ago:

picture.php

Today:

picture.php

Under the new light:

picture.php

Peace,
starke

Couple questions for ya starke.
1. Is that new lights cover/diffuser removable?
2. Is the light fixture dimmable?

I'm curious if it's a viable replacement for a 4' 2 bulb t5 fixture. Anyhow the ladies look healthy and I bet they will respond well to topping!

starke

Couple questions for ya starke.
1. Is that new lights cover/diffuser removable?
2. Is the light fixture dimmable?

I'm curious if it's a viable replacement for a 4' 2 bulb t5 fixture. Anyhow the ladies look healthy and I bet they will respond well to topping!

The diffuser is removable easily and will be taken off in the morning. The fixture was advertised as dimmable and gave the specs for the dimmer. I assumed you had to supply a compatible dimmer. Turns out it has a dimmer built in. Although my eyeballs are far from calibrated, I think the output (brightness) is easily comparable to a four bulb t5 fixture.

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
Check what the draw is with a killawatt, as the dimmer might reduce lumen output while watt draw from wall is the same. Would hate for you to have it dimmed to save costs and still pay the same. Consider me subbed!

starke

Check what the draw is with a killawatt, as the dimmer might reduce lumen output while watt draw from wall is the same. Would hate for you to have it dimmed to save costs and still pay the same. Consider me subbed!

Thanks for the info. I had not even contemplated that.

A brief update: The odd numbered ladies were topped today. I say they were topped. The upper node growth is so close they may have been topped, may have been fimed or may have been fucked. The next couple of days will tell. Pics at the next weekly update on Tuesday.

starke

Update Veg Day 35

Update Veg Day 35

Today marks the end of the fifth week since the girls broke ground and the girls appear happy overall. The topped plants have started to sort themselves out and it looks like #s 1, 9 and 11 were successfully topped. Number s 5 and 7 may be fimed but could be topped. Number 3 is still anybody's guess. Running Jacks at about 1.0ec and they appear happy with it so far. Structure wise these girls are growing straight like flagpoles with little branching. I'm anxious to see if the topping accelerates the branching. If not these girls would be a SOG lovers dream. Next update in a week.

A couple shots of the girls as of this morning:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Peace,
starke