What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Join Absolem in Wonderland

Absolem

Welcome to Wonderland fellow growers.

Thanks for stopping by and checking my thread out.

Coco makes up the majority of my growing medium. I use 60% coco, 20% sphagnum peat, and 20% perlite. I run 5k flower watts and they are all 600's. I run one 600 over each 3x3 botanicare tray. I use drip rings and run DTW. The girls are 10 days into 12/12. I'll try and post weekly updates.

Here's some pics. Enjoy

Attachments

• IMG_0603.jpg
    IMG_0603.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0609.jpg
    IMG_0609.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0606.jpg
    IMG_0606.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0668.jpg
    IMG_0668.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0689.jpg
    IMG_0689.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Absolem

Here's a few more pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0717.jpg
    IMG_0717.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0714.jpg
    IMG_0714.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0684.jpg
    IMG_0684.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0670.jpg
    IMG_0670.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0501.jpg
    IMG_0501.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 31

Absolem

The strains I am running in these rooms are
Purple Kush
DJ Short Detroit Blueberry
Darkstar
3rd Coast Sour Diesel
Starkiller
Cookies Kush
Grapefruit Sour Diesel
Super Lemon OG

More room pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0692.jpg
    IMG_0692.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0676.jpg
    IMG_0676.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0696.jpg
    IMG_0696.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0708.jpg
    IMG_0708.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0710.jpg
    IMG_0710.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 27

Absolem

Day 23 12/12 Pics are Purple Kush, 3rd Coast Sour Diesel, and some Cookies Kush. Flower room 2.
I normally don't let them get this big. I was given some clones that were weeks ahead of the ones I took.
picture.php

Cookies Kush
picture.php

Purple Kush
picture.php
picture.php

3rd Coast Sour D left side. Purple Kush right side.
picture.php

Last edited:

Absolem

Flower room 1. Day 23 12/12
This room has some Grapefruit Sour Diesel, DJ Short Detroit Blueberry, Darkstar, Starkiller, and some Super Lemon OG.

Starkiller
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Super Lemon OG
picture.php

Cookies Kush
picture.php

Last edited:

Absolem

Looking good.

Pulling up a chair for this show.

What size pots are you using?

Thanks Phases. I run 2 or 3 gallon grow bags. I run the 3 gallon ones if I put one plant under one 600 light. The pic of those 2 plants are both in 3 gallon bags. The rest are all in 2 gallon.

Absolem

Mind if I pull up a chair and enjoy the beauty?

Welcome. Thanks for joining in.

It's interesting to me that you're using peat in the substrate mix.

Hi Zeke.

I run peat in my coco for a couple reasons. Peat holds more water and air then coco does. It's better for microbial life. Peat does take a bit longer to saturate then coir but coir dries out quicker then peat. Combining the peat helps the coco not dry out as quick which can cause a nutrient imbalance if the coco dries out. Coco coir's pH out of the bag is between 5.9-6.5. Adding peat helps me get the coir in my target pH range between 5.8-6.1 depending on veg or flower. I feel peat helps the coir become less finicky in regards to calcium, magnesium, and potassium. I can still water my medium multiple times a day but with the peat added I don't need as much water.

Last edited:

Absolem

Here's some pics of the veg room plants. They are 34 days from clone and in 1/2 gallon grow bags. I transplant them around day 14 after cloning. The first week I water every couple days then they get watered once a day or more depending on root growth.

Cookies Kush, Super Lemon OG, and Grapefruit Sour Diesel
picture.php
picture.php

Starkiller, 3rd Coast Sour Diesel, and Purple Kush
picture.php
picture.php

Purple Kush
picture.php

Last edited:

plumbum

Beautiful looking plants Absolem. I am very curious to know what nutrients do you use?
by the way, i've used these plastic pots ones, then tried smart pots and never looked back. root formation and speed of vegetative growth is dramatically improved.

Absolem

Beautiful looking plants Absolem. I am very curious to know what nutrients do you use?
by the way, i've used these plastic pots ones, then tried smart pots and never looked back. root formation and speed of vegetative growth is dramatically improved.

I buy salts from Yara and Hafia and mix them into stock solutions then feed at x mls/gallon.

The 3 five gallon buckets on the left are calcium nitrate. The top middle bucket is magnesium nitrate and the two below it are magnesium sulfate. The five gallon bucket on the right is mono potassium phosphate.

picture.php

These buckets are my potassium nitrate, agsil 16, potassium sulfate and iron.

picture.php

I take those and mix them into these stock solutions to feed the plants.

picture.php

The gallon of stock solution A will do between 237-316 gallons of stock tank solution. The stock solution B will get me between 190-237 gallons of stock tank solution. Each one of the Stock Solutions costs about $1.50 in salts to make. Each gallon of stock tank solution costs me .01477 cents per gallon. I can fill my 60 gallon stock tanks for .88 cents each. Each one will last a week.

Absolem

Some picture updates of the veg room and flower rooms. Veg plants are 47 days from clone and the flowering plants are 47 days into 12/12.

Cookies Kush
picture.php

Starkiller
picture.php
picture.php

Veg room
picture.php
picture.php

plumbum

super impressive Absolem. undoubtedly, by mixing raw salts you have complete control of your nutrient profile. i am about to start doing it myself, but worried about steep learning curve.

how long did it take you to dial it up?

i have few questions if you don't mind. what do you do about your micros? are you mixing from individual chelates? or are you using premixed sulfate mix?

and what is the source of your water? are you dialing nutrient profile based on the elements present in your source water?

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very much liked reading this.

Peat part's a bit dodgy to me but damn, a buck a reservoir.