What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

mmmmmm...donuts

oti$

I actually have another donut next to this one...Thanks though. The plants are so big that not much light gets shared between the two donuts. I'm probably going to add a third light. When I do I think I will have interlocking donuts if that makes sense. The center donut will have a two plants, one on each side, that get light from the left and right. Thanks for dropping by.

oti$

Not to proud of this run. I had them to far from the light last run and I didn't get buds as big as I'm used to. This circle was too tight. The buds are bigger, but I think it has a lot to do with different genetics. They are were a little too close to the light.. Leaves are bleached out and on top of them being to close to the light the room got a bit warmer than it should have causing the girls to look even more haggered. This pheno, Although you can't really tell from the quality of the photos, I think will turn out the best of the three. It's got a solid frame. No floppies @ 8 weeks. It's going to go to ten at least. It's got chemmy-rotten-sweet smell to her where the other pheno pictured doesn't have to strong of a smell. I'm going to run all three again and try to do a better job. I'm grateful to be growing again and pulling regular harvests, but I feel things should be looking much better. In any case I'm happy to be growing. Mixed seed runs are rough. I was sure I'd find something nice quickly and start dialing, but this run hasn't produced anything that I think I'll keep long term. I was kind of expecting stronger aromas with the chem genes, but only one of the three is really loud and it's not LOUD, better than average, but not extraordinary.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

oti$

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

My gorilla bubbles and a couple bxers. The biggest and second biggest are bx. The biggest had been under the1k for a coyote days And has really started to go for it. I was afraid to put them all in the veg tent bc I lost a bunch to dampening off. I keep it pretty humid in there and I was afraid to put anything to small in there. I wanted the stalks nice and strong. I wish that u would have put them all in days ago now. The little ones are also GB. I popped a few more of them because I wanted to have a good number to choose from. I believe I will find a keeper in those....maybe two;) I popped some space cake, blueberry snow, and sky lotus along with those newer GB last week. I'm excited for all of these. It's going to be as interesting couple of months. I've also got another donut 3 weeks in with a valley og and two sherbet crosses. Curious to see how they turn out. Thanks for dropping in and having a peek.

LSWM

Those last nug shots of those Chem look fire. I wouldn't turn my nose as those nugs! Don't get too discouraged dude!

oti$

Thanks...I'm pretty much starting from scratch after a disaster this past winter. I will get things in line. It took me quite a while to get my last places dialed and producing quality consistently. I was spoiled with much more space and all the bells and whistles accumulated over some years. This place was thrown together on a shoe string budget. I'm lucky to even be free right now much less growing and I'm grateful for what I have. Thanks for stopping in.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I feel you on budget grows. My first grow had black plastic walls studded in with roof cleat wood. The fan was ripped out of a furnace that was in a dumpster and boxed in from scrap metal from the same dumpster.

Miraculous Meds

nice work Otis. u will have that room dialed in no time! The bud structure on that strain seems to be very promising for good yield.

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
Just saw that you ran the fuzz, is that bodhi's the fuzz? I got a nice pheno with some pineapple flavor from the green crack in her, great daytime smoke. Rock the donuts brother, I'm about to set up my first two donuts in a 4x8 tent. A 600w and a stacked donut with 400s. I'm digging what you're getting out of em. Pulling up a seat
:lurk:

oti$

Yes, bodhi. I just harvested my first of three. Odd thing...this first one had zero smell when I chopped her, none. However, after drying for a few days it smells like straight skunk. Loud ass skunk. I've got two more that will be ready next week and they both have a sweet background under the skunky rotten funk. There was heat issues in addition to them being to close to the light. Also, I was hand watering and had a couple dry outs bc I needed to water them twice a day and missed a couple waterings before I got the pump\timer in play, so one is pretty ugly and looks like yield has been affected. The other one, in spite of the stressors, is looking good save for some leaves. Thanks for stopping by. You'll like your donuts n esp the stacked one. I used to have a 1k above 600 with 2 levels of plants that airways produced really well. The overlapping light pattern really produces solid nugs top to bottom. Thanks for stopping in:D

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
Yes, bodhi. I just harvested my first of three. Odd thing...this first one had zero smell when I chopped her, none. However, after drying for a few days it smells like straight skunk. Loud ass skunk. I've got two more that will be ready next week and they both have a sweet background under the skunky rotten funk. There was heat issues in addition to them being to close to the light. Also, I was hand watering and had a couple dry outs bc I needed to water them twice a day and missed a couple waterings before I got the pump\timer in play, so one is pretty ugly and looks like yield has been affected. The other one, in spite of the stressors, is looking good save for some leaves. Thanks for stopping by. You'll like your donuts n esp the stacked one. I used to have a 1k above 600 with 2 levels of plants that airways produced really well. The overlapping light pattern really produces solid nugs top to bottom. Thanks for stopping in:D
I had the same problem with dry outs in my coco from trying to keep up with handwatering six foot trees. Trust me homey, invest in a hundred feet of 1" hose, some irrigation 1/4", and the blue dripper stakes and a good pump/res and cycle timer. Probably $150 total investment and nothing has made a bigger jump in yield or quality for me. That, and life is a million times easier.

oti$

I already set up the drip system and things are good now. This blgrow is at a remote location and I was having to make 2 trips a day to water. Huge pain in my ass. They have been getting watered 4x daily for a month or so. This harvest is looking better as far as bud size and yield(I think, #s not in yet) than the last despite the heat and dry outs.

Miraculous Meds

Setting up a simple watering system should never slow ya down. It can be as simple n very effective as the cheapest drip system stuff with the cheap semi rigid roll of 1/2" feed line with the 1/4" tube feeding the individual plants, with a $20 400gph pump. U can water a lot with just $50 worth of that crap. It might not look fancy, but is just as effective if u follow the simple rules, of equal water flow to each plant, while keeping feed lines the same length n the manifold level. u can set that stuff up in minutes, depending on how many u have to feed. I do like the structure n cleanliness of building something that sits more stationary n flat like pvc offers though.

oti$

Lucky for me I had a 2500gph pump on hand.... The only thing I had starting this grow. I bought some octabubblers and pvc. They are open end drippers. I used fan jet sprinklers on my beds, but don't think they are necessary for this grow.

DJXX

Veteran
hey on the fuzz...how was your m/f ratio...i am so stoked about these and i got Goji freebies goin too..gotta be good...DJXX

oti$

It's not even a grow light and idk what the wattage is. I just threw a couple lamps over my seedlings bc I was having issues putting them straight under the1k in the veg tent.
I got 3 females, but, as I said, I was having issues. I had many seedlings damp off a few months ago. From what I remember, I think had 6 fuzz make it past seedling stage, so 50/50 for the survivors. I killed of a half pack of valley girl And got only one female on those . I finally got to a point where I'm getting 90-95% success. It was a bummer watching all those seeds I was so excited about sorting through go down the crapper.
I think I'm going to grab a pack of moontang(skunk va x snow lotus) this week with an auction I won @ glg. I love chem and her x's and I don't know that I'll ever be able to get the chem91, so I'm going for her crosses. I was kind of bummed when I chopped the first fuzz bc it had zero smell when I chopped her. I was happy to find the basement reeking a few days later. It was crazy that it went from zero smell on harvest day to a loud 10 4 days later like it did.