What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1k RDWC grow

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
here are some pictures from day 43

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

benjuanman

Veteran
Nice update Ganoderma still looking green and healthy. Have you run these before and if so how long does it take to harvest them?

C

c64

beautiful room with mirror optics, while looking at me is very dizzy, hehe :rasta:

i'm surprised you can get your plants that close to the bulbs w/o plants having a bleaching affect. are you pushing cooled air through the hood?

Bassy59

Hey Gando,

Good looking grow.

I too am doing RDWC and am having an issue. Uniseals leaking! I'm using 1.5" pvc.

Last grow it didnt start leaking until maybe 4 weeks in. It was minor and only seemed to leak when I got water level set at near bottom of 6" net pot. I think it started leaking after stepping on the pipe which would have tweaked the angle at the entry to bucket maybe? But I can't be sure.

I tried slight pipe manipulations back then and it seemed to stop for a bit but would return. At the end of the grow I did not take it apart. But after cleaning the system it seemed fine.

Now 21 days into flower (plants are veged elsewhere then put into this system to flower) it's leaking like a sob.

It's only leaking from 2 of 5 total 5g buckets.

I have puddled water in my tent and am constantly soaking it up with towels. I'm really pissed about this as it's going to effect the roots with such low water. I can fill it well above the pvc but if I let it go long enough I'm sure it will drain to the level of the leak. Wherever that is in the uniseal.

So, I'm getting new 5 gal buckets tomorrow, I still have some new uniseals. I'm considering adding a big solid bead of Gorilla Glue http://www.gorillatough.com/index.php?page=gorilla-glue-guide on the uniseal inside edge before installing into buckets, the let it fully dry for 24 hrs before taking apart system and installing new buckets.

I'd love some solid advice on preventing these bastards from leaking and fixing my issue. I'm in total emergency mode now 1//2 way through flower.

Thanks.

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
Damn G! Super clean and green!

I'm doing a PPK type system now a days with chemicals painted onto the bottom of the buckets with blumats and I did not get any ringing roots what so ever. Maybe because I didn't have the plant mass you got, haha. My plants leaned into a vertical 600w bulb and yet the roots were evenly distributed throughout the container.

Anyway, great to hear ya say your filling the buckets with roots, but I'm wondering myself if root mass really even matters so much. You could probably fill that tent with a single bucket at the expense of time, but since you're using several plants, maybe growing "extra" roots is essentially wasteful. I'm curious about your temperature, RH, and anything else ya'd be willing share.

I'm still playing with Merlin's Magic tester's myself and I hope our lady is doing fine. I should get some bud shots for justice, but check out how purple this pheno got! Overwatered her..AGAIN...always a fun time trimming, but is so worth it in the end. Take care brother.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
:wave: Hi Catman, its been a while since I seen you around last. I'm not familiar with this PPK type system that you say you are using.

My high temp is around 86 for a few hours a day, with 80-82 being the average, but it was cold last night and the temp hasn't gotten over 76 in the room today. We have really low humidity around here, not really sure what the average might be but don't think it gets much over 20%. The only time it gets over 20% is if it starts storming.

Hey Gando,

Good looking grow.

I too am doing RDWC and am having an issue. Uniseals leaking! I'm using 1.5" pvc.

Last grow it didnt start leaking until maybe 4 weeks in. It was minor and only seemed to leak when I got water level set at near bottom of 6" net pot. I think it started leaking after stepping on the pipe which would have tweaked the angle at the entry to bucket maybe? But I can't be sure.

I tried slight pipe manipulations back then and it seemed to stop for a bit but would return. At the end of the grow I did not take it apart. But after cleaning the system it seemed fine.

Now 21 days into flower (plants are veged elsewhere then put into this system to flower) it's leaking like a sob.

It's only leaking from 2 of 5 total 5g buckets.

I have puddled water in my tent and am constantly soaking it up with towels. I'm really pissed about this as it's going to effect the roots with such low water. I can fill it well above the pvc but if I let it go long enough I'm sure it will drain to the level of the leak. Wherever that is in the uniseal.

So, I'm getting new 5 gal buckets tomorrow, I still have some new uniseals. I'm considering adding a big solid bead of Gorilla Glue http://www.gorillatough.com/index.php?page=gorilla-glue-guide on the uniseal inside edge before installing into buckets, the let it fully dry for 24 hrs before taking apart system and installing new buckets.

I'd love some solid advice on preventing these bastards from leaking and fixing my issue. I'm in total emergency mode now 1//2 way through flower.

Thanks.

Its hard to say what the issue is with out being able to actually see the problem, at least that my way of trouble shooting some of those problems. But I would say that stepping on your pipe may be the actual cause of the leaking problem, if it started leaking only after the stepping on it. I like to have extra parts on hand just in case there is a problem, so I can fix it. I had to replace one bucket because it had a crack in it several months ago. Some times you have to play with the grommet and the pipe if things get bumped around, until you get them to fit just right again.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
At day 57 now. Changed out the nutes in the res for the last time. I noticed a couple of leaves that have gotten a little crispy looking, so I think I have an idea that 1300-1400ppm is the max I can feed them, any thing stronger then that is starting to get into the to strong range.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Desert Hydro

Veteran
looks real good man. keep it up! ive built many hydro systems, right now im in coco and soon to be heading back to hydro so im checking out all the hydro threads.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I don't have any recent pictures yet, but there is less then one week left till they are ready and their replacements have just about over grown their veg space.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Just a few more days left. As soon as I crack open the door its instant sweet smell. It could be I just haven't smelt these bud in a few months that I forgot how good they smell or they are smelling the sweetest that I think I've smelt from them.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

High74

Executive Branch Genetics
Veteran
next time use stakes and a trestle. Looks good though. Make sure you run h2o2 after your run to clean the system out properly. Looks good ! I started using dwc in 2001 so I have seen it all lol. I wish you the best with your yields. Cheers and God speed

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
So I took pictures on day 70 and up loaded them and got busy and forgot that that was all I did. And All I can say is I have been stoned.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts