What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

hoosierdaddy's botanical gardens

H

humboldtlocal

Wow. Beautiful garden brother. I can tell a lot of love goes into it. Can we see some pics of some larger sections and how it all flows together? Beautiful colors. I have a couple lilacs that are really putting off some nice flowers and smells right now. Keep the pics coming.

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

One of the loveliest aromas on the planet..the sweet bay magnolia
The fragrance fills my back yard
picture.php

picture.php

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Strawberries, tomatoes, watermelons, cantaloupe melons, corn, green beans, radish, carrot, onion, bell peppers, cucumbers, broccoli, and potatoes.
I use a pre-emergent (Preen) on fresh till to keep weeds away, and line all rows with clean bedding straw.

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
I truly appreciate the kind words.

That is a japanese maple, and I believe it is called "Crimson Queen".
It is a very slow growing cultivar. It has taken about 12 years to get where it is at, and that is about 3.5ft tall.

The other japanese maples in my first shots are regular Japanese Red Maple.

I call the queen my sativa pheno, and the red the indica. :)

picture.php

Grat pictures Bro, I have both the Japanese Maple and the lace leaf maple growing at my place, I love the color contrast they provide.

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
How nice is this place?

How nice is this place?

Hi there Hoosier!
That´s a fine garden you have mate:artist:
Went for a walk and found some nice flowers of course i dont have a clue what they are so i thought of sharing them with you.
They are prety and maybe you can shed some light in my ignorance:dance013:

Who says life aint beautifull?!:ying:
picture.php

I like this one!:artist:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Are those tulips?
picture.php

picture.php

I hope you dont mind my intrusion:thank you:
Peace and Light:ying:

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Your pictures make me smile and it's a great thing!thanks :) A day I'll hope to have a little backyard like your to put my hands into the dirt and play like a child in a luna park :) have a nice weekend bro and all other ICMaggers too :wave:

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi there Hoosier!
That´s a fine garden you have mate:artist:
Went for a walk and found some nice flowers of course i dont have a clue what they are so i thought of sharing them with you.
They are prety and maybe you can shed some light in my ignorance:dance013:

Who says life aint beautifull?!:ying:
picture.php

I like this one!:artist:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Are those tulips?
picture.php

picture.php

I hope you dont mind my intrusion:thank you:

I don't mind at all! Thanks for sharing those with us all!
That first one looks to be some sort of iris, and a beautiful one at that.
I would guess the white one a hyacinth.
The golden one looks to be a massive weed.
That odd spear shaped plant is more than likely in the yucca family. Native to many midwestern US states, but more an old time plant not seen much. That center piece will probably bloom lots of flowers and produce mucho seed. I think they are easy to grow and transplant.

The last ones are indeed tulips.

paulo73

Veteran
Do you know this one?

Do you know this one?

Hi there mate!:wave:
Sorry to bother your thread again.
I´ve just stumbled across this beauty in a brazilians friend backgarden. Sadly he doesnt know nothing about the plant.
Only that is endemic from south america.
Can you see the shape of the leaves?:artist:
I´m gonna grow a couple in my backgarden maybe it will help to hide other greens of my preference:dance013:

picture.php

picture.php

Here´s a pretty cacti realy into flowering:artist:
picture.php

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Those cacti look awesome!

I see the fingered leaves of that other plant. Looks wild. I would have said a poppy of some sort until I saw those leaves.

Thanks for posting those!

ROJO145

Veteran
Beautiful pictures gang,and a beauiful yard Hoosier,I enjoy lookin at them.That cactus is awesome paulo,Thanks:tiphat:

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hehehe, you would be welcome to do so, paulo! But first, we must mow an acre of it, and then imbibe in a few kind bowls of some of my other produce!

paulo73

Veteran
Of course my friend!

Of course my friend!

hehehe, you would be welcome to do so, paulo! But first, we must mow an acre of it, and then imbibe in a few kind bowls of some of my other produce!

Any kind of work in such surroundings it´s a blessing and the only way of enjoying what comes after:artist:bowls of homegrown produce just tickles my taste buds....mmmmmmmm...i feel like Homer day dreaming about donnuts:laughing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK8VzuF9zqE

I hope you enjoy cherry lips:dance013:
Peace and Light my friend:ying:

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cannasseur, I hope you can have a garden that you love one day.
And I highly recommend the Pink Dogwood. It is a beautiful early bloomer that also helps to feed the birds.

paulo73

Veteran
Hi there Hoosier!
I hope you are doing great.
2weeks are gone...i miss some fresh pics from your garden ;)
Take care mate

TeaHateSea

Great photos Hossierdaddy your green thumb isn't just MJ specific obviously. You put a lot of work into your yard and it shows!
Love the smell of Southern Magnolias, we have two huge ones on our property and when the windows are open in spring the whole house is filled with their fragrance. Good stuff....