What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

growers secret?

Harry Nugget

with using the mendo mix indoor if i want to fertilize every 2nd to 3rd watering (less frequent @ first, increase as the root mass and plant grows) i like to achieve some run off. If i were in saucers i would shop vac the run off so they aren't sitting in water.

The Coco Cowboy

I use Royal Gold Mendo Mix also but only with established plants. I start in Basement Mix then transplant into the Mendo Mix (7 gallon Geo Pot). I also have my mom's in Mendo. works great!

seaweed

I use mendo inside from cuttings. Your picture looks like you need to soak it .
My method is lazy and simple.
5 inch pot veg till they are established . Something 8 to 12 inches. This takes me 3 weeks under T5's
Transplant to 15 gal of mendo.
veg a week, flip
Water completely with almost no runoff.
3 feedings with fish hydroslate, kelp.
Top dress with Fish bone meal.
Water all the rest of the time.

I also take rooted cuttings and put them in 5 gal of mendo mix .
Veg one week.
Feed once with fish hydroslate and flip to flower.
Water completely with no run off.
fish bone meal and phos bat at week 3 of flower.
Water only.
I kill it .

seaweed

In that 10 gal pot I'd veg it 2 weeks and flip. 40 days veg is too long. well unless you are growing bubba or erkel or something like that.

greenwithenvy

Veteran
Well Its all about how long they will take to get going and I grow monsters in cages so I usually veg for 2 months. Now It will be a 20 day cycle. If they get to big Ill put em in early.