What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tony's silver thiosulfate notes

TnTLabs

i think youll get a good amount, but later...
from what i have seen, its best to aim for the pollen receivers to be at week 4.5-5,
with the pollinators beeing two weeks ahead, that would be around week 6.5-7
thats when they will be in full flower and drop the most amount.. depends on the cultivars i guess, but im talking about 8-9 week indicas here

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Shes a solid 63 day finisher. Done stretching shortly after week 3.
Hopefully timed up well... also have several other strains that are 12 weekers that stretch to 28+, those should line up well hopefully.
Day 21. Last sprays.

picture.php

Last edited:

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Girls as in seed moms lol. The pollen donors are a week ahead. Shits getting confusing. If you get drunk at this party you might bring home a surprise ha.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That one was flipped Nov 2nd. Sprayed Nov 7th with 3mM, sprayed again Nov 14th with 3mM and Nov 21st with 3mM.

The plants that will bear seeds went in Nov 9th.

Last edited:

TnTLabs

That one was flipped Nov 2nd. Sprayed Nov 7th with 3mM, sprayed again Nov 14th with 3mM and Nov 21st with 3mM.

The plants that will bear seeds went in Nov 9th.

to achieve a heavier pollination, you want them 2 weeks apart. This way the receiving girls wont be developed as much and have more undamaged white hairs

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think the longer flowering strains in here will get hit harder if/when we get dust. Anticipation killing me ha!

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 28 tomorrow. No pollen that I've seen yet.
picture.php

picture.php

Waiting is hard as hell man. Praying for a cloud keeping my finger off the trigger of the sts bottle ha.

Fyi the day 14 1 3mM spray and no balls showing, maybe some slight mutation I see that's it.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pretty sure it will drop pollen .
Start gently picking out the most advanced pods( splitting open) and gentle sprinkle them to see if any pollen comes out.
Looks around a week away to be fully dropping.
Some strains are a nightmare to reverse like the diesel family and give hardly any pollen.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks oj! Girls wont be at 4 weeks until next monday so still some time. Some are getting nice knots of pistils. See what another week brings. Going to throw a fan in there tomorrow...

weedeasy

Hey Tony. Follow you here from the other forum. I don't think you should be spraying after the development of pollen sacs. When your pollen sacs form, you should allow ethylene to build up in plant tissues once more. This is what allows pollen to begin forming and signals opening of the sacs. Don't forget that pollen sacs are male flowers. Spraying too many times inhibits ethylene more and even though the plant flips from female to male, you risk damaging pollen production.

What work well is spraying 5 days before flip, on the day of the flip and 5 days after. You can even do a week instead of 5 days. But 3 sprays within 10 to 14 days is quite enough.

Scrappy-doo

Looks awesome TonyGreen! So amazing we are able to do this with our favorite plants. How cool is this shit huh?

brickweeder

TG, its looking good but imo they need to yellow up a bit more. You are almost there. As the bananas ripen (get more yellow), use a tweezers or something to touch them to see if they are soft. When they are, you can harvest and pollinate. if they yellow but don't soften, harvest and dry some then try pollinating.

On my reversed CBD Pure plant, the pods split to reveal yellow bananas. When I use tweezers to pull them off, some of them rupture and release pollen. Also check the main stem side of lower buds for ripe pods....sometimes they are hidden. Since I keep the reversed clone in the main tent, I don't like to let the pollen drop....I remove ripe pods and bananas outside of the tent before they drop, then spray her down before she goes back in to kill off any stray pollen released during my pluckings.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
While I'm waiting figured I'd dry a few and see if they produce any pollen. Sealed up, check back in the am.

picture.php