What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tony's silver thiosulfate notes

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was thinking day 7 to 10 myself. Many stories have good pollen production at 21 plus days after last spray seems like.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I'm trying to gather the materials. I remembered that dc posted that it needed to be in lightproof containers. So I took a plastic spray bottle and spray painted it black. Several layers.
I just went back to re-read DC's thread and I noticed his thread calls for brown tinted glass.
I'm thinking that the plastic bottle shouldn't react with the solution, because if so the plastic spray top would probably do the same.
I just wanted to double check with you guys before I continue

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Get those brown hydrogen peroxide bottles. Good and cheap.

picture.php

A buck for these. They have a small one with a sprayer I found that makes a decent fine mist in a small spot.

Last edited:

power puff

from what i have seen you do need the repeat spray 14 days apart, for the plant to fully produce mature male flowers with the weaker solution i have been working with, the one you are using.. you might be ok and could possibly get away with one application..
timing will be key though and at day 14 maybe a bit too late...
id propose day 7/8, before stretch.. just some ideas

Exactly... day 7/8.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is the big one. One spray of 3mM on day 5. One day 14, this past monday.

Am I trippin or do we have some action? Day 15
picture.php

TheMan13

Veteran
Has anyone used or know of others using this STS product from Mendocino Twenty20?

Part "A" contains 30ml of Sodium Thiosulfate Solution and Part "B" contains 30ml of Silver Nitrate Solution.

Mixing Instructions:

1. Add approximately 150ml (5 ounces) of distilled water to 250ml spray bottle.
2. Add entire contents of part "A" to spray bottleand swirl gently.
3. Add entire contents of part "B" to spray bottleand swirl gently.
4. Fill spray bottle to top with distilled water and swirl gently.
* never store in direct sunlight.
* use mixed solution within 30 days.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Mendocino Twenty20 STS.jpg
    Mendocino Twenty20 STS.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 60

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Never used it. Bout the cheapest pre made out I think it was 25 bucks? I seen it working on insta. He says spray every 3 days until first pollen i think.

If ya get it check the EC of the mixed solution if ya can!

If we assume its forum recipe that's a .7 mM spray.
Big assumption but might be reasonable.

He used to have a video posted on his site on making it but took it down when he started selling it.

Strong assumption its forum recipe, sigma you dont mix equal parts a and b. That is also the most widely circulated. If we get EC of his stock spray I can confirm maybe.

If it is .7mM that is slightly stronger than the 1:4 or .5 mM bout twice strength Tom Hill report.

If so the spray every 3 days is superfluous it seems.

TheMan13

Veteran
Yes it was only 25 bucks. I'm at least a month out from getting my project underway, but will let you know the EC when I mix it up.

soopy

Veteran
Great thread @Tonygreen! I’m loving the thoroughness in which you are tackling these questions...very cool.

I do have a question for you, or the crowd...has anyone noticed that they the application frequency or concentration can effect the pollen output of a certain cultivar? I’ve had some varieties that will fully reverse, no female flowers present, but don’t ever drop any pollen? I use a basic STS formula (readily available on the net) and have always sprayed AT LEAST every other day for the first two weeks....but after having a few cultivars not drop pollen out of the male flowers, I reduced the frequency (by half) and was able to collect actively dropping pollen from a few of the cultivars. Is there a way that over application, either frequency or concentration, can impede pollen production or dispersal?

Best vibes and wishes to you on your endeavors Tony!

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's the working idea most seem to think.

An interesting idea would be to reduce the strength of your spray by half and try your original spray schedule. Is it still sterile or then dropping pollen.

Impossible to gauge the working level of silver in a plant I imagine.
Might get as much absorbed with one strong spray as 3 weaker ones.

Hope I get some dust I'm loaded up ha. Day 21 soon.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So I do have little damage that seems to have appeared over time. Almost day 21 here. Seems to hit my older growth fan leafs but overall I think it looks great. Almost dont want to do the last spray ha.
One more then let her fly is the plan.
picture.php

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hand milked from the prize unicorn bull.

It's about 25 cents of salt, a buck of silver and $498.75 of fuck you and utter contempt and disdain for the community.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 20 for this one from 18 inches at flip.
Last spray for this one tomorrow.
Hope it makes some dust!

picture.php