What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bio bizz

LungCooking

Biobizz rocks!

I love their products! i only use fishmix and biobloom and i get amazing results
I have used it in greenhouse and indoor ( led)
i add little cal/mag during veg and on the first weeks of flowering 1ml/litre

King's Indican

I was trying to find some experiences of those who used both Plagron and Biobizz then find this topic.
I was using organo-mineral nutrients before and getting 100 gr to 200 gr per plant. Last time I tried Biobizz range except the microbes and got 65 to 80 gr per plant. And I prefer the taste and every other thing about the organics since then.
Using Ec and ph meter is tricky with organics. Especially ec meter since organic ferts are slow release which makes me use more nutrients every time. Because I used to measure everything with salt based nutes leaded me to make some mistakes.
I discovered that 1ml of bio grow adds about 0.3 ec to a liter of solution while the same amount of bio bloom only adds about 0.15 so I tend to give more of bio bloom even more than the chart is offering. This was my main mistake.
Biobizz range doesn't have anything which is not fully organic.
Plagron is not like that

Is Green Sensation an organic product?​

Green Sensation is not an organic product, but also won't disturb your soil life. You can safely use it when growing organic.

this is what I know and I think using organics reduces flowering time definitely at least week which makes a huge difference when growing autos.

shiva82

depends on the substrate. if you are using a precharged soil full of beneficial bacteria and fungi , then biobizz will work like a charm. It is designed around symbiotic relationship between soil and rootzone. If you are using coco or a sterile soil mix then it is a waste of time, unless you pre charge the media.

GoatCheese

Veteran
I was trying to find some experiences of those who used both Plagron and Biobizz then find this topic.
I was using organo-mineral nutrients before and getting 100 gr to 200 gr per plant. Last time I tried Biobizz range except the microbes and got 65 to 80 gr per plant. And I prefer the taste and every other thing about the organics since then.
Using Ec and ph meter is tricky with organics. Especially ec meter since organic ferts are slow release which makes me use more nutrients every time. Because I used to measure everything with salt based nutes leaded me to make some mistakes.
I discovered that 1ml of bio grow adds about 0.3 ec to a liter of solution while the same amount of bio bloom only adds about 0.15 so I tend to give more of bio bloom even more than the chart is offering. This was my main mistake.
Biobizz range doesn't have anything which is not fully organic.
Plagron is not like that

Is Green Sensation an organic product?​

Green Sensation is not an organic product, but also won't disturb your soil life. You can safely use it when growing organic.

this is what I know and I think using organics reduces flowering time definitely at least week which makes a huge difference when growing autos.
Hi

Is the difference in yield with the same cuttings? or are growing plants just out of seeds?
Have you grown plants from the same strain with mineral nutes and then BioBizz nutes getting that much difference in yield?

BioBizz is the only nute line i have used for soil growing so i don’t know how it compares with other brands.
I was going to try Plagron’s Alga-line but then they changed the NPK profile of the Alga Bloom to have more nitrogen so i didn’t buy any.

Plagron says on their website that Alga Grow and Bloom are certified for organic growing

-
-

I wonder if the EC value for BioBizz Grow can really be as low as 0,3 in liter of water. Seems very low, so i wonder if it measures correctly – the same way as mineral nutes, i mean

I use 2ml/L for my veg plants and more sensitive plants like Landraces could do with 1,8ml/L but i usually go with 2ml/L. I give them plain water every 3rd or 4th watering

For my G13Haze i give around 2,7ml of BioBizz nutes/L in flowering the max - and that is Grow and Bloom combined (1,2ml Grow + 1,5ml Bloom) – and i get slight leaf tip burn even with that amount. With your EC numbers that would be around 0,6 EC, which to me would seem very low. So i wonder if the EC measurement really is comparable with mineral nutes?!

revegeta666

i wonder if it measures correctly – the same way as mineral nutes, i mean
It doesn't. I used to scratch my head for a long time before other growers confirmed to me that you can't trust your EC meter with organic bottled nutrients like Bio Bizz and Bio Canna. It was common for me to get inconsistent readings with both of these brands.

GoatCheese

Veteran
^^ Yea, i read years ago that EC measuring don't really work with these kinds of nutes. I never tried it myself.
With Biobizz you just have to learn how to use them - find the levels for different plants - and keep your eye on the plant how they react when you grow new varieties.

For cannabis you seem to need only 50% of what BioBizz recommends and i haven't grown anything in years that would need even that much

ohimaria

Out(of mind)Grower
420giveaway
I have been using biobizz from 5 years from 2017 with their substrate and in the local ground therefore very poor in nourishments ; The first 4 years without looking the table and EC but looking the plant, 2 ml fish mix in vegetative state and only 2ml Biobloom/ 2 ml top max in the blooming fase ,one day yes one day no. not deficiencies.

this year i buy an EC pen and i tried to follow their table by measuring the EC solution , but I have not recorded the measurements but i noticed that Biobizz follows the dosage of the common EC tables,
last week week 5 of bloom I fertilized with 4 ml fish mix 3 ml biobloom 1 ml top max : EC 1,8 And I went lightly in over
today week 6 of flower i fertilized with 4 ml fish mix 4 ml biobloom 4 ml top max EC 2.0 And I'm a little worried.

4 ml biobloom 4 ml top max are EC 0,8 Top Max does not move the EC

If you want to increase the EC of the solution you must use Fish Mix/grow in the blooming fase

my water is 0,5 EC starting

Last edited:

GoatCheese

Veteran
4 ml biobloom 4 ml top max are EC 0,8 Top Max does not move the EC

If you want to increase the EC of the solution you must use Fish Mix/grow in the blooming fase

my water is 0,5 EC starting
Hi
That just can’t be right..
4ml of BioBizz Bloom would only raise EC by 0,3 if you water at start is 0,5? This can’t be comparable with a mineral nute, imo.

I'm not saying the reading isn't right or that the meter is off somehow, i'm saying these nutes don't measure the right way with an EC meter.
I don’t think these nutrients should be used with an EC meter cause the EC numbers people have mentioned here just can’t be right when compared to a mineral based nute.

..4ml of BioBizz Bloom surely is stronger than 0,3 EC of any mineral nute

RobFromTX

^^ Yea, i read years ago that EC measuring don't really work with these kinds of nutes. I never tried it myself.
With Biobizz you just have to learn how to use them - find the levels for different plants - and keep your eye on the plant how they react when you grow new varieties.

For cannabis you seem to need only 50% of what BioBizz recommends and i haven't grown anything in years that would need even that much
I think youre right about the underestimated strength of bio bizz. I used a little less than their recommended dose and i must say my cured buds are a bit harsh, I'll only go 50% recommended strength next time for sure

RobFromTX

Yes their suggested doses are just insane. If you bought every one of their products, and followed their watering plan to a T, that would be a shitty grow.
I grew landraces and was only really using their bloom but i was adding 1tablespoon per gallon. Big mistake i can see it now

revegeta666

I don'
I grew landraces and was only really using their bloom but i was adding 1tablespoon per gallon. Big mistake i can see it now
I don't know how much 1 tablespoon makes in ml but for pure sativas, those that are delicate with nutrients, I would use 1 ml/L or 1.5ml/L of biobloom at most and maybe 1-2 times a week at most. You are supposed to use the biogrow/fishmix in flower as well, but some sativas are almost allergic to nitrogen it seems. Anyway I think these nutes work well with this kind of plant, just have to use with moderation. I have a zamal x jamaica cross at the moment and I only fed them 4 times, with minimum dosage. Even then, they got burned tips (just a little bit).

ohimaria

Out(of mind)Grower
420giveaway
Hi
That just can’t be right..
4ml of BioBizz Bloom would only raise EC by 0,3 if you water at start is 0,5? This can’t be comparable with a mineral nute, imo.

I'm not saying the reading isn't right or that the meter is off somehow, i'm saying these nutes don't measure the right way with an EC meter.
I don’t think these nutrients should be used with an EC meter cause the EC numbers people have mentioned here just can’t be right when compared to a mineral based nute.

..4ml of BioBizz Bloom surely is stronger than 0,3 EC of any mineral nute
today I made some photo of the measurements

EC start water 590 mS ( 5 liters water )

View media item 18704470
Added 20 ml ( 4 x liter ) of top max 586 mS

View media item 18704471
Added 10 ml (2xliter ) of biobloom 766 mS

View media item 18704474
Added another 10 ml of biobloom ( 4 x liter ) EC 1041
View media item 18704475
Added 10ml ( 2 x liter ) of fish mix EC 1668

View media item 18704473

:thank you: : all

King's Indican

Hi

Is the difference in yield with the same cuttings? or are growing plants just out of seeds?
Have you grown plants from the same strain with mineral nutes and then BioBizz nutes getting that much difference in yield?
Yes I have used the same strains that I used to grow with mineral nutes.
Yes I have used the same strains that I used to grow with mineral nutes.
BioBizz is the only nute line i have used for soil growing so i don’t know how it compares with other brands.
I was going to try Plagron’s Alga-line but then they changed the NPK profile of the Alga Bloom to have more nitrogen so i didn’t buy any.

Plagron says on their website that Alga Grow and Bloom are certified for organic growing

-

I wonder if the EC value for BioBizz Grow can really be as low as 0,3 in liter of water. Seems very low, so i wonder if it measures correctly – the same way as mineral nutes, i mean
Except the Green Sensation the rest is organic with Plagron. And If you look at Plagron Terra and Alga charts you will see that Terra chart includes weekly Ec values while the Alga chart doesn't even mention it.
So this means ec is useless with organics.

I use 2ml/L for my veg plants and more sensitive plants like Landraces could do with 1,8ml/L but i usually go with 2ml/L. I give them plain water every 3rd or 4th watering

For my G13Haze i give around 2,7ml of BioBizz nutes/L in flowering the max - and that is Grow and Bloom combined (1,2ml Grow + 1,5ml Bloom) – and i get slight leaf tip burn even with that amount. With your EC numbers that would be around 0,6 EC, which to me would seem very low. So i wonder if the EC measurement really is comparable with mineral nutes?!
I think we shouldn't even look at the weekly ec charts when growing with organics because they are created for salt based nutrients. Since the organics are slow release, an ec meter can't read what's in the solution.
I have used all biobizz products many times with an ec meter. Bio grow, Bio heaven and Alg a mic makes difference in ec readings while Acti vera and Top- max has no effect they even reduce the ppm very little. And I think bio bloom is not readily available to be measured or for plant uptake. Therefore we need to trust the recommended dosages.
If you are using all the set of biobizz then bio heaven and algamic will complete your desired ec levels along with grow and bloom. But if you only use grow bloom and top max (as many people do) you will never reach high ec levels with the recommended dosages. Don't get me wrong, my point is we can't read what's in organics immediately after we mix them so we should reduce the usage of ec meters slowly.

After I post I realized something that I never measured Bio heaven seperately I measured adding Bio Heaven after adding grow and bloom. Since bio heaven is a booster, maybe it activates the other organic nutes that are already present in the solution.

You can check that grows of mine mentioned in this growdiaries website with all the detailed information.
https://growdiaries.com/grower/ganzigunnu

Last edited:

GoatCheese

Veteran
I think we shouldn't even look at the weekly ec charts when growing with organics because they are created for salt based nutrients. Since the organics are slow release, an ec meter can't read what's in the solution.
I have used all biobizz products many times with an ec meter. Bio grow, Bio heaven and Alg a mic makes difference in ec readings while Acti vera and Top- max has no effect they even reduce the ppm very little. And I think bio bloom is not readily available to be measured or for plant uptake. Therefore we need to trust the recommended dosages.
If you are using all the set of biobizz then bio heaven and algamic will complete your desired ec levels along with grow and bloom. But if you only use grow bloom and top max (as many people do) you will never reach high ec levels with the recommended dosages. Don't get me wrong, my point is we can't read what's in organics immediately after we mix them so we should reduce the usage of ec meters slowly.

After I post I realized something that I never measured Bio heaven seperately I measured adding Bio Heaven after adding grow and bloom. Since bio heaven is a booster, maybe it activates the other organic nutes that are already present in the solution.

You can check that grows of mine mentioned in this growdiaries website with all the detailed information.
https://growdiaries.com/grower/ganzigunnu
From my experience cannabis reacts quite fast to BioBizz nutrients = you over feed them today and you will see tip burn the next the day. I‘m not saying the reaction is as fast and as dramatic as with mineral nutes but the release isn’t that slow either.

- BioBizz aren’t cannabis specific ferts – so their recommendations aren’t meant for cannabis growing.
..Their old Grow bottles, ten years ago, had salad or cabbage rolls on the label, so they’re just over all organic nutrients.

- Landrace cannabis can be very sensitive to nutrients – different plants like different nute strength – so following BioBizz recommendations won’t work, imo. You have to find suitable nute strength for the particular plant you’re growing, i think.

I seriously doubt any cannabis plant needs 4ml/L of BioBizz Grow + 4ml/L of BioBizz Bloom like they recommend for regular potting soil/coco. I just can’t see that and i have been using them for over a decade. Not a single plant i have grown in my entire life needed even 50% of that.

When i started using BioBizz i gave my plants 50% of that = 2ml Grow + 2ml Bloom per L of water. Since then i have dropped the nute levels 15%-20%+ from that, depending on strain, and i haven’t seen noticeable drop in bud size, resin production or potency. But less nutrients grow better smoking product.

-

-

You’ve grown nice plants, for sure, King
..but i see little leaf tip burn on most of the plants, meaning the nute strength could have been little lower for optimal smoking product.

I think it’s a little over feeding of Nitrogen which happens with BioBizz – Like i have mentioned before, I have started replacing part of the Grow-component with Plagron PK13/14 so that i can get lower N levels in late bloom, cause BioBizz is little N heavy for cannabis, imo.

My ratio for PK13/14 instead of BioBizz Grow is 1:1 in volume (1ml of Plagron PK 13/14 replaces 1ml of BioBizz Grow)

..but i do this only during the last week and a half before i stop giving them any NPK ferts = around 5 weeks before harvest. And i start giving them less Grow and more Bloom after the first 4-5 weeks of flowering. On week 4 or 5 it’s usually 1:1 of Grow and Bloom - after that i lower the amount of Grow a bit and on week 6 or 7 i replace part of the Grow with the PK 13/14. This is for the average 10-12 week strains.

Cannabis needs more N in early part of bloom but not so much in the later half.

::::

:::

I recommend cannabis growers start experimenting with different ratios of BioBizz Grow and Bloom thou BioBizz recommends 1:1 ratio - and maybe even try the PK 13/14 trick i mentioned. Try it with familiar strains/cuts first. You will feel the improvement when you’re smoking your bud, i guarantee.

Here’s how i feed my CBD Critical Cure keeper - which is average-mild feeder - with BioBizz Grow and Bloom in regular potting soil or coco:

The amounts are in ml/L of water

NPK ratios on the bottles:
Grow 4-3-6
Bloom 2-7-4

Harvest after 12 weeks of bloom ...i take her late for sleepier effect.

1 week: Grow 2ml – Bloom 0,3ml + 4ml of BioBizz Root Juice

2 week: Grow 2ml – Bloom 0,7ml

3 week: Grow 1,8ml – Bloom 1ml

4 week: Grow 1,5ml – Bloom 1,5ml

5 week: Grow 1ml – Bloom 2,4ml + 2ml Top Max

6 week: Grow 0,5ml – Bloom 2,4ml – Plagron PK13/14 0,5ml + 2ml Top Max

7 week: Same as week 6.

...then just Top Max and water for the last 5 weeks of flowering, but with very little run off so that the nutrients in soil won’t get rinsed out too early.

As you guys can see, it’s under 50% of what BioBizz recommends for the Grow and Bloom

On top of this i give them 0,5ml/L of Canna CalMag, enzymes every nute feed + some Alg-a-mic and fulvic powder around once a week. Every 3rd watering just pure water (edit: During the last 10 days of BioBizz nutrient feed i water the plant only with nutrient solution - no pure water - to really load the soil with nutrients before i stop giving them)

Last edited:

King's Indican

Hi, Thank you for the great explanations. It seems you checked my grows, what you say about the little tipburns is true. I followed the chart below for those grows and I was using Aptus nutrient family.

WEEKS 1- 4thEC 0.6-0.8 & pH: 5.8-6.0
WEEKS 4- 6thEC 0.8-1.2 & pH: 5.9-6.1
WEEKS 8- 9thEC 1.2-1.8 & pH: 5.9-6.2
WEEKS 9- 11thEC 0.8-1.0 & pH: 6.0-6.2
WEEKS 11-12th (FLUSHING RUN-OFF)EC 0.0-0.3 & pH: 6.0

I also tried to follow the same chart with my first Biobizz grow and in my previous posts I tried to describe how I failed trying to keep it up and I concluded that it's pointless.

Aptus base nutrient called All in One Liquid has a ratio of 6-12-6. Other than that you have Potassium and Phosphorus in seperate bottles and some other side products as well. With that brand it's very easy to adjust the ratios of NPK seperately during the grow.

Yesterday I prepared 5 liters of deionized water with 0.0 EC and not stable pH for my new pots. I wanted to adjust the pH to 6.5 so I put some Biobizz Calmag inside it. On the bottle it says for RO or soft water treatment the dose is 0.3 ml per liter. So I put 1.5 ml for 5 liters and the result is 0.09 EC not even 0.1
The final thought is even the calmag has no EC value. It should have been 0.3 instead of 0.1. But I didn't want to add more because it's an organic calmag product. Anyway after that dose of calmag pH stabled itself to 6.8 and I liked it. Then I added Biobizz Microbes into the same water with the dose of 0.4 gr per liter and EC raised to 0.55 from 0.09. Anyway does this mean something? I don't think so I just wanted to share. This time it's gonna be my second grow with biobizz and im gonna use full line of it and I will try to use less grow more bloom as you described and forget about the EC.

Cerathule

Yesterday I prepared 5 liters of deionized water with 0.0 EC and not stable pH for my new pots. I wanted to adjust the pH to 6.5 so I put some Biobizz Calmag inside it. On the bottle it says for RO or soft water treatment the dose is 0.3 ml per liter. So I put 1.5 ml for 5 liters and the result is 0.09 EC not even 0.1
The final thought is even the calmag has no EC value. It should have been 0.3 instead of 0.1. But I didn't want to add more because it's an organic calmag product.
Biobizz calmag contains 35ppm Ca and 12ppm Mg per 1ml. Their recommendations are ridic low and maybe apply to chalk-sensitive garden green herbs.
You can aim for about 80-120mg Ca per liter.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Hi, Thank you for the great explanations. It seems you checked my grows, what you say about the little tipburns is true. I followed the chart below for those grows and I was using Aptus nutrient family.

WEEKS 1- 4thEC 0.6-0.8 & pH: 5.8-6.0
WEEKS 4- 6thEC 0.8-1.2 & pH: 5.9-6.1
WEEKS 8- 9thEC 1.2-1.8 & pH: 5.9-6.2
WEEKS 9- 11thEC 0.8-1.0 & pH: 6.0-6.2
WEEKS 11-12th (FLUSHING RUN-OFF)EC 0.0-0.3 & pH: 6.0

I also tried to follow the same chart with my first Biobizz grow and in my previous posts I tried to describe how I failed trying to keep it up and I concluded that it's pointless.

Aptus base nutrient called All in One Liquid has a ratio of 6-12-6. Other than that you have Potassium and Phosphorus in seperate bottles and some other side products as well. With that brand it's very easy to adjust the ratios of NPK seperately during the grow.

The final thought is even the calmag has no EC value. It should have been 0.3 instead of 0.1. But I didn't want to add more because it's an organic calmag product. Anyway after that dose of calmag pH stabled itself to 6.8 and I liked it. Then I added Biobizz Microbes into the same water with the dose of 0.4 gr per liter and EC raised to 0.55 from 0.09. Anyway does this mean something? I don't think so I just wanted to share. This time it's gonna be my second grow with biobizz and im gonna use full line of it and I will try to use less grow more bloom as you described and forget about the EC.
Yea, EC meters don’t seem to work with BioBizz stuff. You just have to find the limits/levels yourself, take notes and correct the feed next time based on those notes.

Plants tell fairly fast if the feed is too strong or if you start lacking N. Strong feed you see on the leaf tips and too little N you see on the lower leaves starting to yellow first. Those are the only things i have to look at with BioBizz nutes. I don’t run into deficiencies with the stuff, so it seems to be a wholesome food for the plant.

-

-

Remember, if you’re gonna use BioBizz Fish Mix, it’s also heavy with Nitrogen- even more than their Grow – So if you’re gonna use both products you will be putting alot of N into the feed.

I have never used their Fish Mix, only Grow and Bloom of their NPK nutrients. Root Juice, Alg a Mic and Top Max are the other BioBizz products i have used, i have never tried anything else from them.

King's Indican

I never used fish-mix because of higher N levels and since I grow autos the vegetative phase is too little. Bio Grow tastes and smells excellent to me. This time I am excited about the Microbes product maybe they multiply themselves and eat all the nutrients and require more then I can feed more.