What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grow On: 30 Years of Sensi Seeds!

Canna-bill

I think there is still good plants to be found in sensi seeds but it takes a few packs to find them. I'm really happy with the HP girl I got from the last run. Taking some down tomorrow and can't wait to smoke em. It's all I'm going to grow for the next few grows.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
No THC! That's not good. How do you know this?

The pot it has no effect. This would be fine if it was sold as true Afghan hash-making stock. I'd be more irritated at getting hazy plants, for that price, when hazy plants are not to be expected.

Their NL5xHaze also appears to be something completely different than it was, and I'm hardly the first to say this, though others may have used femseed. Their old grow forum was nothing but other breeders, because all the grows of Sensi product kept getting deleted for some reason.

None of that is due to any police actions or anything because all that blame, those excuses, is farther in the past.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
The pot it has no effect. This would be fine if it was sold as true Afghan hash-making stock. I'd be more irritated at getting hazy plants, for that price, when hazy plants are not to be expected.

Their NL5xHaze also appears to be something completely different than it was, and I'm hardly the first to say this, though others may have used femseed. Their old grow forum was nothing but other breeders, because all the grows of Sensi product kept getting deleted for some reason.

None of that is due to any police actions or anything because all that blame, those excuses, is farther in the past.

I expirence this with the white and it crosses. Looks fire but high is non.

NEED 4 SEED

I expirence this with the white and it crosses. Looks fire but high is non.

I grew Aunt Of Farouk this year and only found one real hitting plant. Half of them was very weak and 2 or 3 had really absolutely no effect.

Which is stunning because if you saw and smelled them it was some of the dankest hashy smelling stuff ever had...Pretty close to cookies actually. But no effect.

jayd

I grew Aunt Of Farouk this year and only found one real hitting plant. Half of them was very weak and 2 or 3 had really absolutely no effect.

Which is stunning because if you saw and smelled them it was some of the dankest hashy smelling stuff ever had...Pretty close to cookies actually. But no effect.

perhaps they were high in cbd and low thc phenotypes

Magnificat

I believe its 35 years ther celebrating this year....the 30 year celebration was 5 years ago.
Congratulations on 35 years.

That would be about right since I have their 1990 Seed Bank Catalog that I requested through the mail back in the day and still own. My friend went to DAM in 1992 I believe and so I also have that catalog also. I miss that rounded headed super skunk they used to offer. I will have to find the catalog and take a picture of it.

yannos

Bonsoir,
J'étais a l'ouverture du premier magasin sensi à Amsterdam sur le canal,pendant trente ans j'ai j'ai toujours trouvé qu'ils été au top... malheureusement depuis quelques années ce n'est plus la même chose,beaucoup de paquet de graines avec des phénotype beaucoup trop différent ,difficile sinon impossible de trouver une plante vraiment intéressante,une grosse baisse de régularité et de qualité,j'espère qu'il vont ce ressaisir , qu'ils vont stabilisée leur nouvelle génétique et se reprendre sur les anciennes qui on fait leur gloire....
Même la Skunk 1 ma déçu ,le mois dernier sur 10 graines,je n'ai eu que deux plantes normale,pourtant,c'était une de leur génétique les plus stable......
Je rêve que ça revienne comme avant.
Yannos

meltybubble

Im back, for good!

Im back, for good!

Like the title says, excuse two posts but my connection sux atm.
Never the less, cant wait to see a few faces as I lift a cup.
Be great if mods would possibly move this for me as id my computer stolen so am working on a phone atm.
Thank you!

Last edited:

meltybubble

That would be about right since I have their 1990 Seed Bank Catalog that I requested through the mail back in the day and still own. My friend went to DAM in 1992 I believe and so I also have that catalog also. I miss that rounded headed super skunk they used to offer. I will have to find the catalog and take a picture of it.

I remember the one you mean but lost my copy, Northern Lights I believe it is?
Not sure its been that long but know them all from collecting.
Peace

Last edited:

Burt

Veteran
I too had that catalog!
If anyone can kindly upload the pic of that black domina, I swear my cultivar was exactly the same. Couldn’t begin to fathom what we had back then. Between that, double serrated biker gang skunk and the Colorado NL seeds from certified front range wooks, life was hella good

xerb

Today are the good old days!

Today are the good old days!

Thought you guys might enjoy a few pictures

These are from an original pack of 1990 Sensi Seeds
Northern Light x Haze I picked up in Amsterdam in 1991.

They germinated after almost 30 years.

They had been stored in the low humidity drawer in my Frigidaire refrigerator. They were stored inside a fancy wooden cigar box, the whole box was dropped into a ziplock and sealed. The whole thing is dropped into another ziplock and sealed. This effectively keeps light out and stabilizes the humidity for the long term.

Every time I need to get into my box, I let it come up to room temp for about an hour before I open it, I do not want any cold surfaces to condense moisture from the air.

Anyway back to the buds. This bud may have some amount of Northern Lights in it, but you sure can't tell by the growth pattern, or the buzz.

By today's standards, I think most would call it a pure sativa.
It really tested my growing skills, I never topped it, but the bending was relentless. It went 100 days in a 11/13 light cycle and honestly it could have gone longer. In the end I had to turn the pots on their sides and had the main stems horizontal.

The buzz is exceedingly clear and long lasting, wonderful for puttering with your hobbies. One funny effect I notice is the pressure point this one makes, my upper teeth tingle at first and over the next hour it slowly moves back, ending up behind my ears before it slowly releases. It makes my cheeks feel like I have been smiling for too long.

I put three little nuggets out to smoke tonight but I only made it through the first one. I wanted to evaluate a larger dosage. Doh! I guess I missed my chance.

After a very long cure, I would definitely call this one world class !
XERB