What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

floralicious plus

toohighmf

Veteran
I use it as directed and I love the stuff. not only is there a serious bouquet difference but I feel flavor, yield and overall potency are to be gained using this product. I bought a gallon to run my last show and still have 3/4 of it left. never going to not use it if i can, and the formula stays the same.

G

Guest 18340

Anybody notice any precipitation in their rez? I keep a small pump in the bottom that keeps my mix turbulent but I still get a little settling on the bottom of my rez. It's not affecting my plants though...

toohighmf

Veteran
Hey DB, I read that you use CALmg, Calcium really plays with the taste. I usually cut it out, and supplement with a punch of epsom salts every res thereafter 4-5 weeks of bloom and flush really well. I too use a a lot of Diamond nectar & FLP. I don't think a plant can get enough humics, and I don't think people use enough of it.

bump...any updates here with this product ?

Do you have to flush at the end if you use this ?

I am currently feeding my plant jack's classic and blossom booster along with FP...

I feed my plant 1/2 gallon every time (no alternating water and nutes) - I nute every time....And, I have been putting around 1/2 ml in the 1/2 gallon mixture.

Apache Kush

Bumping a oldie goodie Just read this whole thread and I copy and paste the good info on a notepad for a dossier Im making for all GH products I plan to run, good intel here...enjoy

However, one question on this... ''he advantage of running the plus vs the others is the addition of bacillus subtilis.
GH says the only reason they keep the grow and bloom around is people are already use to them and they don't want to change.
There is also more humic/fulvic than the 2% listed on the label.
That is just the minimum listed for labeling requirements.
There is also 20% sea kelp.
The plus is not only better, it is cheaper''

^so just use FL+ and forego the old way of using both...

Bumping a oldie goodie Just read this whole thread and I copy and paste the good info on a notepad for a dossier Im making for all GH products I plan to run, good intel here...enjoy

However, one question on this... ''he advantage of running the plus vs the others is the addition of bacillus subtilis.
GH says the only reason they keep the grow and bloom around is people are already use to them and they don't want to change.
There is also more humic/fulvic than the 2% listed on the label.
That is just the minimum listed for labeling requirements.
There is also 20% sea kelp.
The plus is not only better, it is cheaper''

^so just use FL+ and forego the old way of using both...

Cool, for some reason I thought the F+ was only to be used for flowering...But if you say no, then I'll start applying now during my veggie phase I got going on.

Apache Kush

If you look at a feed chart from GH they use FL+ the whole grow...@ 1ml till week 11( if you go that long)

If you read the guys on this thread they say to be careful from week 8-11 if you suck at flushing plants..

you don't flush this shit out and people will notice unnatural taste, it seems so carful at the end there, flush hard and it sounds like results are best noticed once fully dried and cured out

Coconutz

Veteran
Total pain in the ass to use this stuff!
A fucking mess everytime!
Cant they come up with a bottle that doesnt spill half the dose?
Anyhow, I must be the only one who doesnt notice a difference when using this stuff.
It seems everyone has some miracle results with it but me...

Well my plant has gone bananas..Not sure if it was the FP or what....the first pic is her at almost 7 weeks...Currently she is at 10 weeks of a 9 to 11 week strain....She's under cfls.

I've been giving her FP throughout most of flower up until the current time....

Is it a real necessity to flush ? I've heard from many gardeners on here that flushing is absolutely unnecessary....In fact some say to keep green, and keep feeding all the way until the end....

With so many conflicting opinions it's hard to find the real answer here.

Attachments

• sc230.jpg
    sc230.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 22
  • sc242.jpg
    sc242.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 24.2 KB · Views: 35
  • sc254.jpg
    sc254.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 26
  • sc255.jpg
    sc255.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 30

Apache Kush

Anyhow, I must be the only one who doesnt notice a difference when using this stuff.

It makes the trace elements from all other base nutes, absorb better
So it should make a difference in appearance and yeilds

I just copy and pasted hundreds of comments and grow reports from using the search button on here...
consensus seems like you are the minority, no offense at all just my observation.

Apache Kush

Here are some pros and cons highlights

- I've grown with and without both F+ and LK and observed absolutely no difference. I know all of these additives sound great and are SO tempting, but I have honestly come to believe that they are virtually all a very expensive waste of money when it comes to growing marijuana. I have had my best results by far using base nutes and nothing else.

+ Thats' what I like about Floralicious Plus. It really helps to develop the "bouquet"

- Only thing is, you gotta be sure to flush it out really well 'cause its flavor will definitely show up in your final product. Funny thing though, I can tell the flavor of it because I use the product (tastes like it smells in the bottle ) but, friends have tried the same batch and said it tastes like juicy fruit gum?!? Weird...Later batches (with better flushing) have come out smelling and tasting much better than before using Floralicious Plus. I've used it on 3 grows so far, and I've hardly even dented the bottle. I think it's basically gonna last forever!

+ I smoked two different clones from the same mom (a Sweettooth pheno), one grown with and one without F/P, and there is a big difference. * *The LUI with F/P was fruity berry, tasted like fruit and the smoke was sugary sweet on inhale/exhale. There is fructose in it, hence the sugary flavour. * * * *

- The LUI without F/P was dull, kinda weak fruity smell, no sugar taste and weak taste in general.
I find that F/P kinda smells like raw/cooked hot dog wieners...kinda nice/nasty at the same time...
oh well, it's for the plants not for me. I use it at 1ml/gal on all clones and flowering plants.
It is definitely an additive with humics, soil bacteria and kelp based enzymes and hormones.

+ ^ Taste is not an issue with a flush. * ^^

(-) GH sent a sample along with Floranova Grow and Bloom. I mixed it according to the instructions, ~1 ml per gallon. I also used it the entire grow as the label recommends.
One week plain water at the end as usual... Never seen plants so green in my life. About 2/3 into flower I knew I had a problem because the fans wouldn't fade.
Needless to say, I got the earthy taste. Lesson learned, no FLP in flower.

( ^ ) You gotta use it in flower DB! It's a huge flavor and aroma booster so it defeats the purpose to not use in 12/12.
A better bet is to stop adding it back around day 45 of flower and flush as you would normally till the crop is done. If you're not getting fan leave fade (presumably meaning a flush) then your N was too high toward the end of the crop. FL+ doesn't have much to do with that. I get a very good fade by stopping addbacks of FNBloom around day 50 until chop at 70.

- I used to use lucas (GH micro & bloom, no supps.) Plants usually yellowed earlier than I'd like but taste and smell was great. Yields were fine I ran out of the Flora and got GH to sample me some Floranova before I bought the stuff. They sent supps including FLP.
Now my weed grows absolutely perfect, no defs at all. However it has diminished taste and smell. It also has the earthy taste mentioned earlier. It's not bad, just different. Even a friend noticed the difference. The reason I decided to drop FLP in flower was to see if the smell and taste returns. If Floranova is the culprit, I'll probably consider FLP as a supplement to Flora Lucas.

- It has 2% N, that's the problem if you're trying to flush.
What you really want, is the goodies, without the N. There are other humic/fulvic/seaweed/vit complex type products out there without the N. Same issue with alot of Cal-mag products, btw.

+ The only time I use Floralicious Plus is with Maxi-Bloom. It is a great nutrient, but the FP helps with deficiencies and pH swings. That is thanks to the humic/fulvic acid. Those nutrients together are a cheap powerhouse. It's great stuff. Probably my #1 addi

+ Ive been using a sample bottle of Plus and so far I like it. Plants are smellier than without.

+ noticed a difference with floanova, more tricchs and stronger smell. * *

+ I used Floralicious Plus on a few plants i had grown before. They had a MUCH better smell when using Flora+ * *

+ floralicious+ adds lots of smell n flavor <3 the stuff * *

+ Covers alot for $ and w/ a simple p Boost for Bloom its bout all ya need.
mycrohizzae in veg . and your really covered .
Stuff lasts forever and Gives a Great smell /taste to all Plants and Fruit .

~ Is GH Floralicious Plus worth it ? ~

+ when u think the minimum dose of Liquid Karma is 5mils on up to 20mils/gal
at $50gal=Liquid Karma there's really quite a savings over it with GH's product .
good stuff all around , plenty of wonderful marine/kelp based growth enhancers
but u could just make your own too , kelp meal & making teas is cheap

- I am going to give it a go it has 15% humeric acids and 2.8-0.8-0.02 NPK.
It is a little high on the N compaired to LK @1-1-2

+ Yeah this stuff was expensive $18.95 for 8 oz (236ml) ratios are 1ml/gal. So it is very concentrated and you can treat 236 gal. of h2o per 8oz bottle. * *
- Liquid Karma the small bottle $17.95 32 oz (960ml) is $17.95 - and in veg or flower it calls for 10ml/gal that is only 96 gal of h2o per bottle

+ Plus is 1 tsp to 5 gallons.. One pint makes 300 gallons.. That's why it's that much.
Plus is the replacement for bloom and grow.. They targeted LK and beat it IMHO. It's got a little of everything and a little goes a long way.
As for smell, it's about the same as bloom or grow. But it's nothing like metanaturals 16-0-0 or Dark Energy ^

+ As far as cost goes, one bottle of FL+ makes 473 gallons. One bottle of LK makes 96 gallons. So it would take roughly $98 of LK to equal $30 of FL+.

- It is not the same as Liquid Karma. I use Liquid Karma too and never had this level of aroma from just Liquid Karma.
Im sure they share some components though but that applies to pretty much all of these types of supplements on the market.
I cut my LK application back to half strength when using Plus. ^

+ When mixed, Liquid Karma is about 3x as expensive as Floralicious Plus.
10 ml/gal Karma vs 1 ml/gal Floralicious.
Floralicious Plus is like Karma with bacillus subtilis added.
For me, Liquid Karma + Companion (or Hydroguard) = Floralicious Plus.^

+ ^ Also, the ingredients in LK are almost the same as FLBloom but in different NPK figures. Are these all (or basically all) redundant products? ^

+ I use the PLUS, GROW, and BLOOM. It semed to work alright. Wouldnt you agree?
I also mixed it by the gallon too just guessing what 1/5 of a tsp looked like in my tsp. I never got any burning or over fertilized plant look going on. Everything stayed very healthy looking.

+ I know it helped and MY GOD does it bring out the aroma! Strangely, not so much while the plant is growing but once the bud is dry LOOK OUT! Im def. going to keep using it. Try it! *
+ That is absolutely true. For whatever reason it does seem to suppress the smell of the plant while it's growing but, it also seems to enhance the smell of the finished product (more sweet/fruity). *

+ 1ml/gal for a res mix. I used it all crop and topped off as the mood struck me.
Im sure keeping it added back though week 6 to 8 before flush helped.
The catch is you can't really tell the difference until you have dry product and can smell the difference.
But Ill tell ya, peeps that know my product have commented on the improved smell immediately.
"GODDAMN" has been heard several times lately.
Funny that odor control during dry could be more important than during flower? * *

- It kind of makes the buds smell funky to me at first. The bud smells like the floralicious plus, not bad per se, but kind of musty or earthy.
But then that seems to diminish with curing. The cured weed ends up smooth as hell. *
I'm using less of it now, this time I'm going to only add in weeks 3-8 of flowering
on a 10 week strain. See if I can cut down on that initial funkiness.

- I have done some research on fulvic acid and humic acid. Essentially they are the exact same substances.
In the process of making them the fulvic acid is still suspended in the solevent and the humic portion seperates and stratifies on the bottom of the solevent. I quit using Diamond nector because it has such a tiny amount of the fulvic acid in it. I use Top Max from Bio Biz because it has 30% humic acid. The main effect of humic and fulvic acids are basically a chemical chealetion effect.
They make the trace nutrients more available, especially iron which makes our favorite herb greener and lawns too.

* + Lucas himself did say that if you were going to use an additive, the only one he would recommend is Floralicious Plus.
He actually said it was one of the few additives that he thought actually had a positive effect.

Last edited:
Spill half the bottle? Um...why don't you get a measuring dropper or syringe genius? They are like .99-3.99 at any hydro shop, grocery store, pharmacy. The stuff works great. I got tired of using ridiculous amounts of Fox Farms big bloom and after using it and a little florablend I switched my whole nutrient line up. Runs clean, goes a long way, kind of weird smelling, but it makes a huge difference. Anyone who says otherwise is either not dialed in, has other problems, is not using it correctly (@ 1ml per gallon I don't know how you fuck that up) or works for another company. There are few things I've used and seen immediate results and this is one of them

BubbaBear

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_zNY0Rmuh0

these guys shit all over ''Flora licious''

thoughts??

I wouldn't say there shitting on floralicous, they dont even mention it and floralicious a lot more complex than the sweeteners there talking about floralicious plus is a kelp, aminos, humics and a sweetener, at 20% kelp it contains a lot more kelp than most kelp supplements.

I think there wrong about sugars not making it into the plant though , I've definitely experienced the aroma and taste that floralicious plus makes. A lot of the sweeteners out there use cane sugar not molasses because it makes it into the plant easier. Molasses makes better benni food and cane sugar makes a better sweetener so that dudes wrong about cane sugar not being beneficial for the plant, he's just trying to make his product sound better than the rest like all company reps do.

Apache Kush

I wouldn't say there shitting on floralicous, they dont even mention it and floralicious a lot more complex than the sweeteners there talking about floralicious plus is a kelp, aminos, humics and a sweetener, at 20% kelp it contains a lot more kelp than most kelp supplements.

I think there wrong about sugars not making it into the plant though , I've definitely experienced the aroma and taste that floralicious plus makes. A lot of the sweeteners out there use cane sugar not molasses because it makes it into the plant easier. Molasses makes better benni food and cane sugar makes a better sweetener so that dudes wrong about cane sugar not being beneficial for the plant, he's just trying to make his product sound better than the rest like all company reps do.

Your right just seemed thet were anti-sugars being systemic, or absorb thourghout flowers. The jury is still out apparently?

But glad you chimed in, great to here some real time forum insight on these products.
I like to run Advanced Nutrients too and could tell that was a bottle of the Floralicious I think(have to watch again maybe the plus),
even though they dont name, names..being all PC about it...

However, I don't think they were representing MH but instead just a channel for their hydro shop but idk

I got that vibe too, that they were up selling the Mendo Honey.

Sweet smelly buds are happy budz imo

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just harvested two test cuts of a mother plant I have, one was only given Floranova Bloom and the other one was given Floranova Bloom and FL+ @ 1mL/gal for the majority of the flower period minus flush. Once they are dried, trimmed, and cured for a few weeks I can start to see if I notice any difference with the FL+ as far as flavor and smell of the buds.

Apache Kush

I just harvested two test cuts of a mother plant I have, one was only given Floranova Bloom and the other one was given Floranova Bloom and FL+ @ 1mL/gal for the majority of the flower period minus flush. Once they are dried, trimmed, and cured for a few weeks I can start to see if I notice any difference with the FL+ as far as flavor and smell of the buds.

sweet nice side by side ^.

Props to you,heck yeah bro,
please do lets us know how it smokes, get a few friends opions too

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran

Forgot about this post. The Floralicious Plus cut smelled and tasted sweeter but a little harsher smoking than the one given only Floranova Bloom. I cut the FL+ and Bloom out 2 weeks before chop. The FL+ cut smelled like the cut did grown in organic soil and the Bloom only cut smelled and tasted less sweet and more earthy to me.

Thinking about repeating the side by side with two other strains I have two cuts of each flowering out I could try one with FL+ and other without on two more strains to see if it was strain dependant with the product or the product making the difference on multiple strains in side by sides.

Latest posts

Latest posts