What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Snype's Guide To RDWC - Part 1 - Featuring Chemdog Double Diesel & 2,000 Watts!

the gnome

Veteran
Thanks for stopping by gnome. I have a lot of seed that I made. I don't believe in profiting on my seed ever. I have no problem sending seed to the bay and contributing to the server fund and freebies. My problem is that I won't send seed in the Summer because of the temperatures. I have a huge catalog of seed that I've collected over the years and my seed stash goes back as far as 1973. Some of my seed is older than me. I store all my seed in vacuum sealed jars and in a freezer.

oh yeah, I try to do the same when i can.
I had that feeling you canned a few Chem DD *preserves* :dance013:

Snype

Veteran
I have entered all of the data into the past posts up to day 35 of flower so far. They have been edited into the posts. I will finish entering the rest of the data as soon as I possibly can. If anyone is confused or has any questions, please feel free to ask here or you can PM me.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
awesome thread, really fun to see it in a fast pace like this. i have thought about doing it the same too, but seldom was patient enough to wait till the grow was finished to start posting, lol.

yeah man the DSD you are running looks fine indeed. it would be a great to try some at the 420.

it's funny reading your harvesting system, specially cutting the branches off the plant to leave a hook to hang them by, did that on many occasions when i was doing bigger plants or hanging extra big colas that i didnt trust to the drying net.

anyway it's really great to see you still doing what you love.

Snype

Veteran
awesome thread, really fun to see it in a fast pace like this. i have thought about doing it the same too, but seldom was patient enough to wait till the grow was finished to start posting, lol.

yeah man the DSD you are running looks fine indeed. it would be a great to try some at the 420.

it's funny reading your harvesting system, specially cutting the branches off the plant to leave a hook to hang them by, did that on many occasions when i was doing bigger plants or hanging extra big colas that i didnt trust to the drying net.

anyway it's really great to see you still doing what you love.
I'm really glad that you are enjoying the thread and data. To be honest about: "cutting the branches off the plant to leave a hook to hang them by", I never thought of that and Snypette figured that one out. I used to use so many close pins. I've been harvesting since 1993 and I never even considered that. It blew my mind when she came up with that idea. Snypette is a smart women and I'm lucky to be with her. Because of how much Snypette harvests these days, she has become a better trimmer than me and she teaches people her trimming knowledge in person. When people work with me in person I am really hard to deal with because I take it very seriously. I was very hard on Snypette when I taught Snypette how to trim 6.5 years ago. All the harvesting that you see in this thread was done by Snypette and I didn't do any of it at all so I can't take credit for that.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
big kudos @ Snypette, i know that harvesting ain't all that much fun, specially when it goes into days and days of trimming. you guys are lucky to make such a good team.

you been popping any beans recently or running any new genetics? did you catch the whole cookie hype?

:kos: :bongsmi:

Snype

Veteran
big kudos @ Snypette, i know that harvesting ain't all that much fun, specially when it goes into days and days of trimming. you guys are lucky to make such a good team.

you been popping any beans recently or running any new genetics? did you catch the whole cookie hype?

:kos: :bongsmi:
I ended up moving locations and changing my lifestyle for the better. I still go back to the city which I am at now but I have a beautiful farm on some crazy beautiful land. Because of this, it's been a lot of work so I haven't popped too many seeds. I was working with Dutchgrowns Withches Weed which was pretty amazing and I was also working with OJD's Lem Chem which I also found a pretty amazing pheno. I had an African Sativa also that made amazing oil and I crossed her to my Sour Diesel IBL for future use. There is something that I'm going to be working with after the summer ends that I'm going to be calling "Mass Electric". It is the best cannabis that i've ever smoked in my life and I first smoked her in 1998. The true lineage of the genetics are, [(Original Haze x NL5) x (Skunk1 x Columbian Gold)] x Silver Pearl. The columbian in the lineage dates back to 1973 and the rest is pre 1995. The specific pheno that is "Mass Electric" shows a thailand structure to the bud. The high is all up and has no ceiling. In the back of your head you can feel so much pressure against your brain and eyes and the high lasts a long time. If all goes right, this is what I would really enter at the 420 but I would also bring my ChemDD for fun. These wouldn't exist if it wasn't for "The Greek", "Ben Dronkers" and "Carlos". It took me many years for me to get the stock in my hands and to this day I am the only one who has it. I didn't catch the whole Cookie hype at all but it does seem really interesting and I can't wait to try a good version of it.

Last edited:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
truecannabliss brought some cookies to the 420, got a nice nug off him and was really impressed. very unique taste. very good effect too. trouble is you really have to watch out for broad mites nowadays if you get clones from outside your own garden.

Dank Demon

Growing herb is a way of life!
Veteran
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=47458&pictureid=1108787&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=47458&pictureid=1108788&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=47458&pictureid=1108789&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=47458&pictureid=1108790&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=47458&pictureid=1108791&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
This is Day 7 Flower and everything is going as planned. The plant heights vary from 22.5” to 25.25”. From the point that I flipped the lights to 12/12, the plants grew 8.25” and that was in 7 days. Like I said before these plants will stretch to 50” by day 30. This specific phenotype in the RezdogDD grows this way in these conditions. Most strains that I grow do not perform this way in terms of the amazing stretch that this specific phenotype has and this is what I was looking for from all the plants that I tested. Every day, I make sure to tuck the branches into the tomatoe cages so that they have support. Remember that I just took the main top off of the plants and nothing else. The majority of the bottom branches are becoming tops now and each plant should have at least 8 tops and that is where the majority of my bud is going to come from. In this system the plants grow much faster than normal and the leaves get a lot bigger than I’ve ever seen as time goes on. I have not added any CO2 yet but I always add my CO2 at day 14 Flower and we are still a week away from that. In my experience I do not see any added benefit of using CO2 before 14 days of Flowering but I’m not here to debate that with anyone cause we all have different experiences with this special plant that we grow.

Hey bro,

Nice grow and end result, very impressive. I am curious to know do you not use the c02 at all in veg then as I heard it speeds it up? Or do you just use it from day 14 of flower until the end? Many thanks.

Snype

Veteran
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=47458&pictureid=1108787&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=47458&pictureid=1108788&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=47458&pictureid=1108789&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=47458&pictureid=1108790&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=47458&pictureid=1108791&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
This is Day 7 Flower and everything is going as planned. The plant heights vary from 22.5” to 25.25”. From the point that I flipped the lights to 12/12, the plants grew 8.25” and that was in 7 days. Like I said before these plants will stretch to 50” by day 30. This specific phenotype in the RezdogDD grows this way in these conditions. Most strains that I grow do not perform this way in terms of the amazing stretch that this specific phenotype has and this is what I was looking for from all the plants that I tested. Every day, I make sure to tuck the branches into the tomatoe cages so that they have support. Remember that I just took the main top off of the plants and nothing else. The majority of the bottom branches are becoming tops now and each plant should have at least 8 tops and that is where the majority of my bud is going to come from. In this system the plants grow much faster than normal and the leaves get a lot bigger than I’ve ever seen as time goes on. I have not added any CO2 yet but I always add my CO2 at day 14 Flower and we are still a week away from that. In my experience I do not see any added benefit of using CO2 before 14 days of Flowering but I’m not here to debate that with anyone cause we all have different experiences with this special plant that we grow.

Hey bro,

Nice grow and end result, very impressive. I am curious to know do you not use the c02 at all in veg then as I heard it speeds it up? Or do you just use it from day 14 of flower until the end? Many thanks.
Good evening Dank Demon. I do not use CO2 in VEG. I have VEG-A and VEG-B. VEG-A is done in the VEG room and VEG-B is done in the flowering room. When I am in VEG-A with Chemdog Double Diesel, the point is to not grow the plants. I don't really want the plants to grow in VEG-A so I want to slow them down as much as I can. The reason behind this is because what I'm really trying to accomplish is to grow out the biggest root structure as I can. If my plants get too big in VEG, then my plants will grow past the lights. The main purpose of VEG-A is to grow the roots as big as I can without much plant growth.

Now when it comes to VEG-B, it is done for 7 days in the flowering room. When I am in VEG-B, I turn my Lumatek ballasts down to the 600 setting. I'm still trying to grow roots before the plant gets too big. The bigger I can get my roots from the beginning the better buffer that I have incase any problems occur. For example if I put my little clones right from the EZ cloner to the RDWC system, it is much easier for things to go wrong with a small root. I learned this from experience. I used to put my clones right into RDWC and there was at least a 25% chance that all my plants would die. Those failure percentages can eat into your money. Once I figured out what I know from experience of what I just stated, I never lost a crop. Chlorine is another variable that brought my failure rate to 0% as well as the root discussion that we are talking about. I hope that answers your question.

Snype

Veteran

This is the updated version of my RDWC system. I will have a tutorial finished in the month of August. It will be listed in my signature. You can build this system for roughly $500 and that includes your pumps. The only thing it doesn't include is the heavy duty tomato cages. Stay tuned to, "Snype's RDWC Turorial!" in my signature....

The only problem with building my system is that I had to get the neoprene washers that join the buckets to the PVC fittings manufactured. I got thousands of them made. I am hoping that I can send them to seedbay for free and that seedbay can sell them on the server fund and use the money as a donation to ICMAG. This is something that we have to see if they are interested in doing. If that doesn't work then I will have to find a store to give them too so you guys can get them. We will see what happens.

Last edited:

Snype

Veteran
is there a way to make a rdwc donut for vertical?

Yes! I do have a design that is 2 "L" shaped systems that forms a square for bare bulb vertical. It's never been tested but in theory it works. I will have to go through my notebook in one of my boxes today for you and see the exact dimensions and let you know more about it.

Snypette

Veteran
Thanks G :)

And thank you for the nice compliment Snype. Reading this thread has been fun, like watching a movie of our life.

:smokeit:

Medium Pimpin'

Ask Beavis, I Get Nothing Butt Head
Veteran
Looking forward to the tutorial.
i was following your last one when it got cut off.
feels like xmas morning :D

Snype

Veteran
Looking forward to the tutorial.
i was following your last one when it got cut off.
feels like xmas morning :D

That makes me really happy! You guys are really going to like this system and love the cheap cost of building it! I can guarantee you that it will be better than any RDWC system on the market that has growth rates up to 55" and I will explain why in the tutorial. I should have the full tutorial up by Friday August 2nd. It's almost done but i just have to take some more pictures of parts and installation. Thank you for your interest!

d3cryption

Veteran
Yes! I do have a design that is 2 "L" shaped systems that forms a square for bare bulb vertical. It's never been tested but in theory it works. I will have to go through my notebook in one of my boxes today for you and see the exact dimensions and let you know more about it.

hell yea.......how plants does this system hold....? i run 600 watt bulbs....

Snype

Veteran
hell yea.......how plants does this system hold....? i run 600 watt bulbs....

The closest that you can put the buckets is 16" on center. I don't use 600's so you probably know best how far away each bucket should be to the bulb. Picture 2 "L" shaped systems:

A B B B
A....C B
A C....B
A A A B

A's are system 1 and B's are system 2. The C's are the controller buckets. System A only connects to system A and system B only connects to system B. I would assume that in Vert that you would take out the 4 buckets in the corners. Don't pay attention to the dots. They are there because IC is changing the letters around.

d3cryption

Veteran
hmmmmmm.gonna have to look into this.

do u get good flavor and smell from ur strains in rdwc?

also what do u think about uc?

Snype

Veteran
hmmmmmm.gonna have to look into this.

do u get good flavor and smell from ur strains in rdwc?

also what do u think about uc?
I get more flavor than most people that i know who grow in soil. Hydro has a bad rep because most growers think you have to feed up to 2000 PPM and I only feed 700-900 PPM for 50" plants. If you smoked my bud, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Getting quality meds in hydro is pretty easy once you know a few things and have the right genetics. Just a small bag of my ChemDD in my pocket smells up the whole Red Line train car.

I got a stack of UC's sitting in my closet collecting dust. I think they are garbage.

D

DJXXPLATINUM

SUP SNYPE....GREAT TO SEE YOU ROCKIN THE FORUM AGAIN....WE ALL GO THROUGH TOUGH TIMES.....JUS MAKES YOU STRONGER...GLAD TO SEE YOU AND SNYPETTE BACK..DJ

Latest posts

Latest posts