What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rockwool Trees

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:kewlpics:~:respect:~:lurk:~ :alien: ~:ying:

So nice...

Any thoughts / perspective/ views on using rockwool for long veg-trees..?...
Have u used other media Turface-coco-perlite ?
Comparisons maybe...

Keep doing what ya do... Just killing it bro...

Peace...

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sorry man. i have read the thread.

i havent seen good pics of how you make the rings or their attachments,material brands or descriptions. the picture you took of the rings is pretty hard to see joiners, plants base, etc thats all.

time appreciated man

med-man

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks man. i have like 4 big batts of flockwool in storage.

wanted more detail because i may do a run like this to use it up. so you poke all your holes and never had any issues otherwise? like cloggin or uneven water distribution?

what made you stick with your relfectors?

have u ever considered the canadian medical tree lay out? bare bulbs, checker board etc? or long isles of lights vs bulbs?

thanks for the tip about electrical tape safety measures,

med-man

S

speedemon

Very nice grow mate, some great skills. If I could find a UK supplier of the flockwool then I would try it as the medium in my 5" net pots in my NWT system.

cyat

Veteran
don jaun.. thanks for the prepping info! I tried the floc before and I think my presoak caused me probs.. gonna try your way next time...

one more ??..... do you tear it into tiny pieces or? I tried doin that and it was a pita

running small croutons now and the pep is def alot easier.. wanna try the floc again tho

the name reminds me of casteneda.. been awhile since I read those

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i conquer with high rh and trees. noticed best results the whole grow around 70%, till the last 2 weeks, then i drop it heavy. i notice way better trichs whith a dry ripe,

med-man

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Wow. Allot of great info in this thread!!!

Don Juan, are you saying that you simply buy rockwool insulation and use that?

Also how high are your ceilings?

S2B

granulated rockwool!! FCK THE DUMB SHIT!

I switched over to it after seeing this guys plants. Those are real numbers too...not internet fluff! Never would have thought id see the day where someone pulled a lb out of a 7 gallon pot but ive seen it!

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i have got 3/4 lb from coco in 3 gallon. made i video on you tube too. rockwoll is always been my fave tho. i should soon set up these with vert lighting for kicks,

med-man

W

willyweed

Very nice grow mate, some great skills. If I could find a UK supplier of the flockwool then I would try it as the medium in my 5" net pots in my NWT system.
b&q, wickes any builders merchants,its just the stuff used for loft/wall insulation is it not?