What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

jamaican "lambsbread"

ahortator

Veteran
Hola chavales

Really awesome that you have that wonderful and reputedly good strain. I think that it is full of symbolism and good vibes.

It resembles very close the archetypical Jamaican weed from old times.

Peter_Tosh-Legalize_It_(1976)-Frontal.jpg

Would you be so kind as to tell more about the history of work keeping that strain during so many years, please?

If you have seeds from hermies, don't reject them, they could be better than most strains sold nowadays.

You are blessed by Jah!!! :tiphat:

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
High'

Nice grow Jahg' :)

Ouaip this line Lambsbread was collected backstage on Bushman's concert by a french rasta lover called GrowDan few years ago. Then the seeds came in the hands of another french landrace lover called Rahan, who has with friends worked and selected P1s from the Jamaican singer to produce multiple generations and reduce hermies.

First of all Thanks to these two individuals GrowDan, Rahan and the old VibesCollective around for preserving and sharing this precious by Mr Bushman. Several generations were born and work over time and today a new one apparently with a new friend in the person of JGL.

Personally i think such a thing in pure form cannot be sold, she's too holy^^ we cannot imagine money around, simply respect...
;) :ying:

Une illustration dessinée par Ekzod pour étoffer, le frère disparu à Dan, rest in peace bro.. :wave:

picture.php

Purple haze inside aussi :D une des mères selectionnées en fait de la dernière repro 2010 du collectif.

picture.php

By Volcanik and Upok... :wave:
picture.php

jahgreenlabel

Veteran
hola roms,

many thx bro ;)

bigbluedog360,I think the friend Roms responds well to the question of the sale of such variety!

I collected the seeds from two friends, Breizou and Rahan and I promised that I would not sell this strain in pure form

best vibes

albert_h

jah lov ya

jah lov ya

for keeping this strain alive. what a beautiful plant.
heard alot of it, but never taste the smoke. :comfort:
btw first post, but i cant disregarded this plant

ahortator

Veteran
Hello everybody

Jahgreenlabel, thank you for your explanation.

Now the weed in Jamaica is not that awesome strain that you keep.

Even the rastas ask to the tourist for good old sativa seeds.

Estranged strains Almost all Jamaican cultivators grow plants from seed. Unfortunately, the genetics they use are often ill-suited for the island's semi-equatorial photoperiod, which consists of roughly equal amounts of day and night.
Decades ago, Jamaicans were primarily growing tropical varieties accustomed to twelve hour days. Many of these were imports of famous plant types, such as Colombian Gold, Oaxacan, Panama Red, and a few African varieties. I photographed several buds that were gold and lanky; the grower admitted that he got the original seeds when he smuggled Colombian marijuana in the 1970's.
According to long-time growers, Jamaicans who emigrated to Europe and the USA returned to the island with seeds from Holland and North America, beginning in the late 1970's. And even though I assayed approximately twelve distinctly different types of cannabis during my recent Jamaica forays, every grower I met identified his plants as one of the following: Skunk, Ice, Northern Lights, Purple, and Power Plant. None of these are indigenous breeds.
I later determined that most growers had no idea what types of seed they were actually using. Cultivators and retailers had learned to use names like "Skunk" as a marketing tool so ganja tourists would think they were smoking familiar varieties.
Nevertheless, the introduction of Northern genetics has negatively affected yield. Plants sprout, grow to be between one and three feet high, and then begin flowering. Some outdoor gardens, grown from seed, resemble sea of green clone gardens, with miniature flowering plants that never live up to the potential largesse afforded by strong outdoor sun and fresh air.
If Jamaicans want to increase their yield, as well as the potency of their product, they would do well to begin growing specialized strains like Neville's Haze and Marley's Collie, which can handle equatorial photoperiods, humidity and temperatures.
Several growers told me that tourists who bring quality seeds to the island, especially seeds appropriate for its climate and light cycles, would be exceedingly well compensated. The Jamaican mail system is rife with corruption. Growers who try to order seeds via mail sometimes find that they "disappear" in transit.

http://www.cannabisculture.com/v2/articles/2412.html

Here there is a lovely video showing good tall sativas, but I don't know if they are the same strain that you keep.

http://vimeo.com/12281693

Greetings :jump:

M

MummyCat

Here's my pure Jamaican Lambsbread. Awesome flower to leaf ratio, great smell, and a very uplifting high

lambsbread3.jpg

lambsbread2.jpg

lambsbread1.jpg

A-Loc

mofuckin farmer smurf
wow mummy those pics look awesome. i would love to grow out this magnificant strain. to have the same strain bob and peter puffed on is nuts.