What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Would you want ACE Seeds to carry Romulan?

T

TakenByTheSky

Your seeds are a little bit too expensive for me to want to try but I've got to sayi. The early 2000s there was a few pictures of romulan floating around and the pictures you posted are almost identical to what I remember, same looking buds, reddish leaves and very distinct red stems.

Even if you were to say these were made from next gen or federation seeds I'd say there is still a lot of value there as it's an almost extinct strain.

Altho I see pyramid seeds is now offering a fem romulan, I wonder if they used yours to pump out some fems.

RomulanJake

...The early 2000s there was a few pictures of romulan floating around and the pictures you posted are almost identical to what I remember, same looking buds, reddish leaves and very distinct red stems.

I appreciate that insight.. thank you.

Also, Pyramid seeds is certainly not using any of our gear to make what they are offering.. based off their description and photos provided. Seems like a product of the Federation/NGS version to me.

deepwaterdude

And away we go;) Dropped 2 fem beans in water a week ago, cracked after 48hrs, up this morning and looking powerful. Has anyone grown this out yet?

Hope everyone's well. dwd

RomulanJake

And away we go;) Dropped 2 fem beans in water a week ago, cracked after 48hrs, up this morning and looking powerful. Has anyone grown this out yet?

Hope everyone's well. dwd

ACE does not carry our fem version, only the regular seeds.. this thread is probably not the best place to post this.

Try here instead, makes more sense that to put it here (lots of people have grown out our fems):

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=364602

jjonahjameson

Romulan S1 flowering data

Romulan S1 flowering data

Here we go :biggrin::woohoo:
Just harvested an S1 female @63 days.
Forgive my crappy picture taking abilities.... :D

Medium yield, dense buds. Fed Lucas formula (mostly) with Flora series. Grown in 1 gallon container of Pro-Mix. Easy plant to grow, maintain, and it's definitely crusted with resin (again, pics won't do it justice). Drying now, jarring and curing later and I'll report back on them when I sample. :dance013:

Next photos are another S1 female just put into flowering. Week 1. Basic branch development shown. Strong stems and good lush growth.

Stay safe and healthy, my friends. All the best to you and yours....

Attachments

• RomulanS1a@63bud1.jpg
    RomulanS1a@63bud1.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 32
  • romulanS1a@63daysbud2.jpg
    romulanS1a@63daysbud2.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 31
  • RomulanS1bfloweringweek1.jpg
    RomulanS1bfloweringweek1.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 29
  • RomulanS1bWeek1flower.jpg
    RomulanS1bWeek1flower.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 37

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Medium yield, dense buds. Fed Lucas formula (mostly) with Flora series. Grown in 1 gallon container of Pro-Mix. Easy plant to grow, maintain, and it's definitely crusted with resin (again, pics won't do it justice). Drying now, jarring and curing later and I'll report back on them when I sample. :dance013:

Next photos are another S1 female just put into flowering. Week 1. Basic branch development shown. Strong stems and good lush growth.

Did you get the “pine” smell coming from the flowers ...?..?

RomulanJake

Very nice, thanks for sharing brother!:tiphat:

jjonahjameson

I have to say, this is some really nice smoke. It's early into jarring and there needs a good cure, but I have sampled over a few sessions in the past 36 hours, at different points in the day. I'm quite pleased with the results.

Did you get the “pine” smell coming from the flowers ...?..?
I didn't really notice from growing, I've got a HORRIBLE sense of smell. I generally just smell "dank" overtones overall, so I can't be trusted to describe that. :D It's not low odor, I just can't tell nuances of smells like that.

But I can taste what I smoked, and there is certainly noticeable pine taste forward, and a skunky undertone in the taste. Very sticky buds - I mean sticky! Thick smoke, but not rough at all, even before curing.

I most enjoyed the immediate sense of falling peace and quiet as it worked quickly to remove a stressful afternoon. It did so quickly and completely, and just like that *snap* I was in a good mood and ready to engage the family time part of the day. Very helpful.

It is potent, heavy in the mind if you overdo it, and that can be part of the charm. But it's approachable, friendly, warm. For now, I've just kept the sessions light - a couple of puffs off the bowl each time, nothing crazy.
I like it so far very much. I look forward to trying more of my seeds.

Cheers, and thanks. :)

Attachments

• RomulanS1bud.jpg
    RomulanS1bud.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 27

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
OK this sounds like a decent report but I want to know specifically is about the pine smell because that is reminiscent of the green bud that I used to get in the north east back in 1981...is was among the first sensimilla I’ve ever tasted

Last edited:

RomulanJake

OK this sounds like a decent report but I want to know specifically is about the pine smell because that is reminiscent of the green bud that I used to get in the north east back in 1981...is was among the first sensimilla I’ve ever tasted

Check out our website.. has lots of info and descriptions on smells/tastes. :tiphat:

RomulanJake

I have to say, this is some really nice smoke. It's early into jarring and there needs a good cure, but I have sampled over a few sessions in the past 36 hours, at different points in the day. I'm quite pleased with the results.

I didn't really notice from growing, I've got a HORRIBLE sense of smell. I generally just smell "dank" overtones overall, so I can't be trusted to describe that. :D It's not low odor, I just can't tell nuances of smells like that.

But I can taste what I smoked, and there is certainly noticeable pine taste forward, and a skunky undertone in the taste. Very sticky buds - I mean sticky! Thick smoke, but not rough at all, even before curing.

I most enjoyed the immediate sense of falling peace and quiet as it worked quickly to remove a stressful afternoon. It did so quickly and completely, and just like that *snap* I was in a good mood and ready to engage the family time part of the day. Very helpful.

It is potent, heavy in the mind if you overdo it, and that can be part of the charm. But it's approachable, friendly, warm. For now, I've just kept the sessions light - a couple of puffs off the bowl each time, nothing crazy.
I like it so far very much. I look forward to trying more of my seeds.

Cheers, and thanks. :)

Very nice brother.. Im glad you're enjoying it so far, and even at this early stage. She will begin to shine more and more as the cure sets in.

Truly thankful that you shared this, and I would love to hear your thoughts again after a proper cure time, and more sessions logged smoking it. :biggrin:

H

hinky

Good day all, I am a first time poster, but have been reading these forums since overgrow went down. I just want to give my 2 cents on Jakes Romulan. Good transaction to obtain the seeds, they seem like real honest people.
I only cracked two regs, quick to germinate, both female, but one was hermaphroditic, so it was culled.Since then I have run the remaining plant for 3 cycles. Very easy to grow, indica dominant, with large rock hard buds making 1-2 ft colas. Best yielding plant was 2 lbs dried and manicured - this was after 8 week veg and 13 weeks flowering.
I found this plant liked to be fed nutes at 1.8 to 2.0 EC. On the second run, one of the cuts exhibited fasciation of the top 1/3 of the main stem.
I did not get the pine pheno, but it did have some underlying skunkiness. I use carbon filtration and did not have any odor problems whatsoever.
I can see how the effects from this plant would be good for ptsd, as you are put into a very clear, smooth zone, with good legs- 3hrs at least, fades into sleepy time.
When I cut them I had cloudy and amber trichs on the colas most exposed to the light, but clear trichs everywhere else, so even at 13 weeks it could have gone longer, maybe up to 2 weeks more, but I didn't have the space to keep them going longer.
Overall, I would rate this strain at 8.5 \ 10
Hope this helps!

RomulanJake

That doesnt sound right, but I am not going to be questioning you after I leave my two cents here:

Not only are you the only person that has had any intersex traits show, but you are also the only person to report them taking longer than 10 weeks. And 13-15 sounds really off to me... not to mention not having Pine (its not even a pheno, its the cultivars main smell and taste)..

I think you may have had some mix-ups, or confusions, or something. Im not even sure how you would have had time to run her that much already.. we just started selling our seeds recently.

The whole thing seems... hinky because almost nothing you describe sounds like my reg rom seeds.

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good day all, I am a first time poster, but have been reading these forums since overgrow went down. I just want to give my 2 cents on Jakes Romulan. Good transaction to obtain the seeds, they seem like real honest people.
I only cracked two regs, quick to germinate, both female, but one was hermaphroditic, so it was culled.Since then I have run the remaining plant for 3 cycles. Very easy to grow, indica dominant, with large rock hard buds making 1-2 ft colas. Best yielding plant was 2 lbs dried and manicured - this was after 8 week veg and 13 weeks flowering.
I found this plant liked to be fed nutes at 1.8 to 2.0 EC. On the second run, one of the cuts exhibited fasciation of the top 1/3 of the main stem.
I did not get the pine pheno, but it did have some underlying skunkiness. I use carbon filtration and did not have any odor problems whatsoever.
I can see how the effects from this plant would be good for ptsd, as you are put into a very clear, smooth zone, with good legs- 3hrs at least, fades into sleepy time.
When I cut them I had cloudy and amber trichs on the colas most exposed to the light, but clear trichs everywhere else, so even at 13 weeks it could have gone longer, maybe up to 2 weeks more, but I didn't have the space to keep them going longer.
Overall, I would rate this strain at 8.5 \ 10
Hope this helps!

That doesnt sound right, but I am not going to be questioning you after I leave my two cents here:

Not only are you the only person that has had any intersex traits show, but you are also the only person to report them taking longer than 10 weeks. And 13-15 sounds really off to me... not to mention not having Pine (its not even a pheno, its the cultivars main smell and taste)..

I think you may have had some mix-ups, or confusions, or something. Im not even sure how you would have had time to run her that much already.. we just started selling our seeds recently.

The whole thing seems... hinky because almost nothing you describe sounds like my reg rom seeds.
Jake .

and all fairness that sounds like a very honest report and it is not a bad report but it sounds like the truth of what he Got ..it doesn’t mean that people do not want to buy this ...how did you bring Romulan back after all these years?
. You laid down a lot of history about this strain before you unleashed her ...some of the things you say are very intriguing ...especially this thing about the pine aroma..that sounds very legitimate...We just want to know how much is hype and how salesmanship and how much can we really expect?:):tiphat:

jjonahjameson

Jake .

and all fairness that sounds like a very honest report and it is not a bad report but it sounds like the truth of what he Got ..it doesn’t mean that people do not want to buy this ...how did you bring Romulan back after all these years?. You laid down a lot of history about this strain before you unleashed her ...some of the things you say are very intriguing ...especially this thing about the pine aroma..that sounds very legitimate...We just want to know how much is hype and how salesmanship and how much can we really expect?

Agreed, Star Crash. We're all friends here, just trying to get the best information possible. And to be fair to all, we've got enough experience overall to be able to shake what's hype and what's not over time. We can take all reports and experiences into account and shake out what's what. That's partially the reason that it's imperative people put out honest and fair assessments of their experiences. Data! Data!

That said, I'm personally not making judgements one way or the other. Just going to report my experiences and also provide the caveat that I'm not a master grower or anything so take my input with a grain of salt, just like everyone else.

One of my 3 reg's planted came up with three true leaves. (pictured at germination). I have no idea what that means, but interesting.

Since that point, the three of them (two males, one female; the tri-leaf) look generally homogenous. I'll snap a few pics of them later. They're healthy. They're in solo cups so they do need a transplant before the next phase.
Very hearty plants. Don't know about flowering yet, but will post when those go in the next few weeks/months.
A reliable grower friend was running the regs too recently that I acquired direct from RG, and though my friend had to quit his grow early due to security issues, they looked like mine do in veg.

my .02

Cheers!

Attachments

• RomulanTrileaf.jpg
    RomulanTrileaf.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 22

Latest posts

Latest posts