What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Which terpene tastes like Burnt Popcorn?

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
I have been vaping pretty regular for about a year now and one thing I have learned is that the bowl is about done when you get that familiar 'burnt popcorn' taste.

I presume that is coming from one of the higher temperature terps.

Since it is very consistent from strain to strain and a common observation, it just peaked my curiosity.

Anyone have a clue?

Hydro8

They say in vaping cannabis when you get that "burnt popcorn" taste your cannabis is spent(all the THC & good stuff is gone). I do notice the popcorn taste if I vape until the very end of the bowl.

I am not sure what the terpene is or if it is something else burning ?

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
Was that truly necessary?

That's OK. You always hurt the one you love. LOL

But, I don't get it. I went to tranny.com and signed in with my secret password. I didn't see the word in the "How to be a covert tranny" dictionary.

I wish I had been born smart instead of beautiful.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sadly I was born with both those qualities. It is a heavy cross to bear.

See, Ringo gets me.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
Yeah, but why does the roasted load smell like burnt popcorn instead of some other smell?

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
What temp are U vaping at? I got mine set for 372 degF and although I get a mild popcorn taste towards the end, I wouldn't qualify it as "burnt popcorn taste" This normally a toot or 2 away from no longer tasting the bud (terpenes)

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
I generally vape at 420F. To be honest, I seldom vape my load to the point where it tastes like burnt popcorn. But, I have done it many times and I am familiar with the event.

Not a big deal. With all the talk of terps for flavor and terps for effect and so on and so on, it just made me wonder why the last hit or 2 had that particular taste.

I tried to search for what terps smell like burnt popcorn but all this terp talk seems to be fairly new and the only industries that use it often are the cannabis and perfume companies.

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
jXSS0pS1Sw2p2eq176GL_Leafly-Cannabis-Terpene-Wheel-Infographic.png

RMS

:smoweed:

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Chestnuts. It's chestnuts. You've been vaping chestnuts. Case closed.

Headbandf1

Bent Member
Veteran
Burnt popcorn is from all terps that are mistreated, temps to high on manufacture, temps to high in consumption , to mature raw ingredient, if your end product is the color of tea game over, if it looks like electric piss to translucent ice , all good

agree with below, starting material is fermented or old

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
Now wait a minute, I'm not that stupid. I know a popcorn taste from a popcorn fart. Not the kind of thing you want to get mixed up. LOL

And, while we are on the subject.... do ALL the tastes and smells in cannabis come from terpenes? Does a carbon molecule smell and taste when the cannabis combusts? Do the cannabinoids have flavor and scent? Does distilled THC and CBD have flavor or scent?

If all the terpenes in the world suddenly disappeared, would anything have flavor or scent?

I'm sure that if you're alone in the woods and you fart, it still stinks.

Just wondering all about what terpenes are doing in the universe. And, what would it be like without them.

troutman

Seed Whore
And, while we are on the subject.... do ALL the tastes and smells in cannabis come from terpenes?

No.

Not everything that has an aroma is a Terpene.

Do Terp Tards go to McDonalds and wonder what kind of Terps are in Big Macs? :laughing:

Using that logic, I bet police are into Bacon Terps. :biggrin:

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
Now wait a minute, I'm not that stupid. I know a popcorn taste from a popcorn fart. Not the kind of thing you want to get mixed up. LOL

And, while we are on the subject.... do ALL the tastes and smells in cannabis come from terpenes? Does a carbon molecule smell and taste when the cannabis combusts? Do the cannabinoids have flavor and scent? Does distilled THC and CBD have flavor or scent?

If all the terpenes in the world suddenly disappeared, would anything have flavor or scent?

I'm sure that if you're alone in the woods and you fart, it still stinks.

Just wondering all about what terpenes are doing in the universe. And, what would it be like without them.

Is that the same as saying you know the difference between sheet and shinola :biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts