What's new

Experience with Viparspectra?

StefaLat80

Hi guys,
I will run 2x viparspectra v300, in a small closet 40"x20"x49"h.

So each light will cover an area of 20"x20".

As dont have so much space for streach, i need to keep plants about 20" tall. I will go for a kind of SOG, turning on flower when 6" or so.

My question is... Anyone as experience to say if these set up will give me a good light coverage overall?

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I'm using the v600 in my 24" x 24" tent. Check the link in my signature if you want to see. I haven't harvested with it yet, but it looks to be at least decent, so far. The first thing that I noticed about these lights when I turned it on for the first time is that it's heavily in the blue spectrum. Much more than the average "blurple" LED. So I don't know how that will translate to yield yet. I'm currently growing a 100% sativa in there which loves blue light, but I wonder about an indica.

Anyway, I did my research about Viparspectra back when I was buying it, and determined that it's good bang for the buck. Even if it's not as good as COBs or quantum boards, it's a good panel, and others have gotten respectable harvests with them. For the size space you are talking about, I do agree that going with 2 x v300s would be ideal. I'm slightly overpowered by putting my v600 inside of a small tent, but it's a square foot print so I can at least balance the light and prevent hot spots.

Good luck.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
i bought '3' 300watters, n thought they sucked, and gave em away.. i was using em in a 4x3.5 tent- i thought they were junk...BUT.. others seem to have better success using em...

StefaLat80

Ok just got a good answere from other forum.
Someone told me that they are good but cover very small space if you dont want to go subpar. For my 40"x20" actual growing area suggested me 3 o them. Even because of the numbers of plants i have in there. Also told me to dont go over 1.5 in heigh for the penetration of it.
This is just for who wants to get similar yeld then HPS. Otherways 2 will work anyway.