What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

[Landrace] Malawi, Durban (CBG), Ethiopian and Honduras

SolarLogos

early smoke report of honduran

View Image
Thanks for the smoke report ikinokori. The smells and effects of your Honduran seem much different from the pheno I have. Those smells will evolve and change a little, as will the effects after a few months.
I was thinking of you when I was trying the purple satellite, it would be perfect for you. You may like a higher energy effect, but ps doesn't make you tired either, just a very relaxed happy effect.
Glad you like the Ethiopian so much, now I'm going to have to try it.
Looking forward to your next grow my friend.
Peace, God bless

ikinokori

Excellent smoke report...thanks!!

thanks to you for being here ^^

interesting you enjoyed your Ethiopian the best, I will have to do a thorough search of them to see if I like it just as well

thank you ! Yes it is very good, but very different. I totally see people hating it, like "this thing doesnt work" because they want a hit. It's 100% a creeper. Durban would actually be more of a middle ground, similar happy vibes, but more "global". It is less happy though, and less clear. i hope the cure will bring something to the durban, right now it has too many similarities but is just a worse high to me, but i cant judge after one week of curing only. I noticed highs tend to lack personnality a lot at first, so maybe something special will come out after a few months in the jar.

Thanks for the smoke report ikinokori. The smells and effects of your Honduran seem much different from the pheno I have. Those smells will evolve and change a little, as will the effects after a few months.
I was thinking of you when I was trying the purple satellite, it would be perfect for you. You may like a higher energy effect, but ps doesn't make you tired either, just a very relaxed happy effect.
Glad you like the Ethiopian so much, now I'm going to have to try it.
Looking forward to your next grow my friend.
Peace, God bless

Oh really ? what are the smell / effects for you ? I don't know, there is something very "american" in it, i can spot that smell in a room full of different cannabis... Maybe i expressed myself poorly, also i feel notes changes from buds to buds, some are more organicz other more floral... But theres no mistake when i open a pud and smoke it, it smells, well, south american haha

definitely interested in the purple satellite now. I have a lot of landrace to run before i plan on starting hybrids back, but i will add it on my watch list.

herbgreen

Veteran
Ethiopian needs long cure before you start to get everything she has

And Im not sure the origins of the Durban but the Ethiopian came from old 'african seeds' stock

I think the malawi is also but a strong resinous pheno they worked

Yeah, that ethiopian seem to want to stay 'green' longer than most but is a very nice warm high and sativa for sure

Only the cure can give you the result here :biggrin:

ikinokori

yeah totally, thats why i am so surprised it is already very good. Generally, even in indica, highs tend to lack personnality at first. Theres just highs, and it doesnt go anywhere many times. Honduras has that effect a little bit, but after smoking some, its personnality of being dreamy came by. But the ehiopian already has a clear definite effect, that warm, loving and very positive high. and that weird effect of feeling lighter, like a weight has been lifted, which is totally foreign to me. Im very impressed and if things get even better with curing, thats amazing to hear.

Last edited:

ikinokori

also, one thing i noticed, the honduran has yellowed, like not just becoming pale, but the full yellow and crumbly leaves like in an underfeeding where it uses its leaves as nutrient source... but after being chopped ! This plant is a survivor, when it was alive, it did not want to let go of any its leaves, even when it was all yellow and crumbly lile completely used and dead, i could not pull it off unless i cutted the leaves with a cissor. It was a first to me, i only remove leaves when they go off by themselves or with a very light pull, but even completely dead, nothing to do, i had to rip the leaves apart and cut the through cissors. amazing

trimming the tiny dead leaves onside the buds after chopping was a nightmare though

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi ikinokori,

Thank you very much for your inspired and detailed smoke reports :)
I can feel you are enjoying there tasting the different pure sativa strains for the first time ... it's really exciting to have the chance to experience several new pure sativa landraces at the same time.

Glad you are enjoying with the uplifting, positive and mood enhancing effects of the Ethiopian. Amazing cola on the Honduras! The smaller Honduras bud you have posted looks delicious .... i think you got the high yielding mexican like pheno, based on the look of the flowers and your description of her terpenes, happy to know you are pleased with her authentic old school central american sativa vibes.

The Malawi looks evil with those big poisonous resin diamonds.

Looks and sounds like you are going to be well assorted of cerebral effects during this autumn ;) Thanks again for taking your time for sharing the development of such a nice grow and for sharing your opinion about the different strains with all of us. I'm sure your experience will be pretty educative for those interested in these sativa strains. :yes:

ikinokori

Thank you very much ! I hope it will help people who are a little bit on the novice side like me feel more confident into jumping into sativa. they are not as hard as some may think and definitely worth the wait if you want something different ! although i guess they are mostly mid flowering sativa... Cant wait to try the very long ones haha

I have made friends try the Honduran today. I told them it was low potency, but they were high very quickly and one said it was very giggly and have a "joyful aura". They were all laughing for no reason at one point, looking at each other and bursting in laughter. One said it had a fresh taste, kind of like minty. It was approved by everyone, stating that it was different, but very funny and very cool. And one of them is a die hard indica smoker.

SolarLogos

Thank you very much ! I hope it will help people who are a little bit on the novice side like me feel more confident into jumping into sativa. they are not as hard as some may think and definitely worth the wait if you want something different ! although i guess they are mostly mid flowering sativa... Cant wait to try the very long ones haha

I have made friends try the Honduran today. I told them it was low potency, but they were high very quickly and one said it was very giggly and have a "joyful aura". They were all laughing for no reason at one point, looking at each other and bursting in laughter. One said it had a fresh taste, kind of like minty. It was approved by everyone, stating that it was different, but very funny and very cool. And one of them is a die hard indica smoker.
Greetings my friend Ikinori, that is a great story. I'm glad you and your friends liked the Honduran! So many more to explore now, I'm really looking forward to your next grow.
Peace, God bless

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for your Malawi smoke report ikinokori ;)

Glad you find her strong, complex, long lasting and cerebral .... Our Malawi properly grown can easily make you faint if you don't have strong tolerance with very strong sativas of this kind.
Malawi needs a good curing of at least 2-3 months to show the best qualities of her terpene profile, unless you got the fruity pheno it won't be very refined, but it will certainly improve a lot.

ikinokori

Hello dubi, thank you for your comment. The smell is very fruity when i open the jar, but there is some gasoline smell taste / too. It is intense.

I wanted to do detailed smoke reports after 2 months of cure, but i will not. Overall, most of them became "heavier", none of them are crystal clear anymore. I understand better why people wait a long time to do real smoke report of sativa, my old blueberry was similar from 1 month curing to 6 months curing, here every 2 weeks something changes. I think my next update about the smoke will be my last and in a few months.

Last edited:

ikinokori

yes you are right, this really works ! its no xanax, but it indeed does work. I used that technique a few years ago when i was really anxiety prone while smoking. A sniff on ground pepper also works, it is less powerful but i think it is more failproof because the full pepper piece can be overwhelming depending on the piece and even "burn", and when you are already on the edge or feeling bad, it can make you even more unsettled specially if you are not used to it. I always had some pepper corns with me and one time i dont know, it just made me gag and couch because of how strong it was and made everything worse because i was strugling with the taste, that was the only time but it was enough for me to rely instead on the sniffing instead of chewing

i completely forgot about this, so thank you very much

Last edited:

ikinokori

sorry for the late answer ! it is, it is the caryophyllene if im correct, and it really does help. Here is what i found :

"specific compounds within peppercorn — specifically, caryophyllene — is a “high-potency selective CB2 agonist,” meaning it helps deliver the more relaxing, anxiety-relieving effects of THC. So it doesn’t necessarily “block” the THC from getting all up in your brain. More accurately, it pulls a kind of lever to increase the sedating effects of THC, rather than the psychological effects.

Also, take this with a grain of salt as i have to do more testing, but the durban may have a lot of potential in breeding. It is powerful, but lacks a lot of personnality. It is more clear than sedating, actually it is not sedating at all past the first hits (the "sedating" effect im talking are the "hit" effect when you smoke it, but after that it leaves nothing on the body), so maybe then it would be very interesting to make an big old long flowering sativa more powerful and much shorter both in flowering and in height while not altering the high of the original strain ? Maybe thats not how it works and it would just make the original strain less interesting ? I'm very new to breeding sorry. I will wait for the real wrap up on her to forge an opinion, but i may feel it may be more interesting for breeding purposes

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi ikinokori,

Thanks for sharing your final throughts about the different landrace strains you grew in 2019 :) Hopefully the experience motivates you to keep exploring other interesting landraces this year. Best wishes!

Latest posts

Latest posts